Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Galaxy Mercury II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galaxy Mercury II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 11:35am

Define throw

Sponsored Links

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 11:50am
Originally posted by kelvinyoong kelvinyoong wrote:

@jt99sf

What colour is the sponge of your M2? In the other post the pictures show the sponge to be yellow or light orange or could be due to lighting.

The 33 degree i have the sponge is cream white and doesn't feel very dense.
I am almost 99% sure that it was yellow because of the macro mode on the camera.
If you look at the wall on pic #1, it's brown. Compare it with the rest.. Look at his skin too.

All the M2 I got, they are creamish color sponged.
ttran82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttran82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 12:01pm
I just got 4 sheets: 2 black (34, 37)  and 2 reds (34, 36) and they are all cream color.
I'm putting red 34 on my T-8
Physically appearance looked good for the price.
I'll try it out today and will update later today.
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Define throw

Compared to the rubber I am used to, lower throw rubber results in more balls going into the net when looping the same way as I am used with my current rubber. It is obvious when I step further from the table. Also, for low throw rubbers, counters are flatter and there is less space between ball trajectory and the net. Higher throw is the opposite.

mercuryII 36degrees is rather high throw rubber., definitely not low throw.
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 1:33pm
I sticked to the same understanding when saying that M2 @ 37 d has higher throw than T05.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 3:49pm
M2 34 degree sponge:

Photino /TBS Black Tag: D05 (FH)/Attack 8 pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 4:58pm
Carried a Galaxy N-10 blade with Mercury 2 on both sides to the club last night, and loaned it to one of the 1000 level players.  He loved it, put down his Hammond Pro Beta/Coppa Speed, and played this new racket all night. Wink  Amazing how many of his shots stayed on the table (he's a big guy and swings hard), from pushes to loops all of his shots were better with equipment appropriate for his skill level.  This stuff worked wonders. 

On Monday I loaned the same racket to one of our beginners, she had learned to play at home with her brother, and seemed to take to the Galaxy setup immediately.  Really liked the Red 34 degree side of the paddle. Tongue

Haven't told either of them how much this wonder rubber costs!  Big smile

Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC, Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo (Red) 2.0, Spinlord Keiler (Black) 1.5 mm, (Testing Victas 101 (Black) 1.6 mm)
Wt. 165 gm total weight
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

Carried a Galaxy N-10 blade with Mercury 2 on both sides to the club last night, and loaned it to one of the 1000 level players.  He loved it, put down his Hammond Pro Beta/Coppa Speed, and played this new racket all night. Wink  Amazing how many of his shots stayed on the table (he's a big guy and swings hard), from pushes to loops all of his shots were better with equipment appropriate for his skill level.  This stuff worked wonders. 

On Monday I loaned the same racket to one of our beginners, she had learned to play at home with her brother, and seemed to take to the Galaxy setup immediately.  Really liked the Red 34 degree side of the paddle. Tongue

Haven't told either of them how much this wonder rubber costs!  Big smile

If something works for you: Priceless!!

ttran82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttran82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 5:25pm
My setup: Galaxy T-8, Gambler Six Shooter 2.0 pretuned black on FH, Mercury 2 34 deg red on BH.

Ok, here is my initial impression on Mercury 2:
It's slow and sticky.  Definitely not good on FH.  I actually tried to play on FH first and it's not good on power loop.    It bottom out fast and my loops went to the net more.  Throw angle seemed to be similar to Tenergy 05 as I didn't have to adjust my blade angle.  Once I switched to BH, it's much better.  It's seemed to be very good at blocking topspin as the it seemed to absored much of the incoming spin.  I also tried some BH flicks and it's also good.  When I tried BH loop, I really need to give more efforts.  
So far, playing with it for about an hour, I would say it's a good all round rubber for BH.
It would have to wait for the stickiness to wear out to see how it will perform later.
For now, it's worth more than $4.  
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 6:04pm
Thanks jt99sf.

Your M2 34 sponge has the same exact color as the M2 33 sponge that i have.

Maybe the denser 36 or 37 sponge is different or different batch.

Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by ttran82 ttran82 wrote:

Once I switched to BH, it's much better.  It's seemed to be very good at blocking topspin as the it seemed to absored much of the incoming spin.  I also tried some BH flicks and it's also good. 

+1.  It  absorbs the incoming speed/spin very well.  With my CJ8000, against heavy topspin sometimes my ball will go flying long if I don't pay attention and adjust blocking angle.  With M2, it just seems more automatic.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 6:29pm
the 34 degree sponge is working well on mine TBS, I'll keep playing with it for awhile since the slight tackiness has worn off. Now its nice and grippy.

I'm not sure how hard the 36 or 37 degree is but have no intentions to find out. The weight of the rubber is fantastic!  A great value!

I like the softer sponge for the sidespin loops. Big smile

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 6:51pm
JT, we should have your students hit all new M2 rubbers with robots for couple of hours to wear it off, win win situation! LOL
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

JT, we should have your students hit all new M2 rubbers with robots for couple of hours to wear it off, win win situation! LOL

It only took about 3 sessions to get it where I want it to be. I think this is going to be nice, I need to place another order. Tongue  All the credit goes to you!!  Thanks dual700!!

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

It only took about 3 sessions to get it where I want it to be. I think this is going to be nice, I need to place another order. Tongue  All the credit goes to you!!  Thanks dual700!!
It's Imago, really, he's marketing VP for Yinhe/Galaxy Big smile
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2011 at 2:10am
Wow! I'm honored! Smile

VP stands for Virtual Purchaser. Wink
van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van_doorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 9:36am
My 33 & 36 degree sheets just came in today. I will put them on my Timo Boll ALC and wil have a go with them tonight Big smile

Edit:

OMG the sponge is horrible! Normally I cut the rubbers with a hobby knife, but with this rubber it's impossible! You have to cut it with scissors which i think is ugly! Not a good start for this rubbers, but hey, it's only 4 dollar haha.

Edited by van_doorn - 03/15/2011 at 10:16am
Butterfly Harimoto sZLC
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Xiom Vega Japan

MyFeedbackSection
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 11:49am
Originally posted by van_doorn van_doorn wrote:

My 33 & 36 degree sheets just came in today. I will put them on my Timo Boll ALC and wil have a go with them tonight Big smile

Edit:

OMG the sponge is horrible! Normally I cut the rubbers with a hobby knife, but with this rubber it's impossible! You have to cut it with scissors which i think is ugly! Not a good start for this rubbers, but hey, it's only 4 dollar haha.
You need to replace your blade then.. I replace my blade every 4 rubbers I cut otherwise it's ugly.
Yeah, M2's sponge is pretty brittle.. Especially when you glue it with strong WBG..Ouch
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 12:14pm
I use a razor blade, always get a clean edge.

van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van_doorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 1:43pm
i used something like this: Hobby knife

And it was horrible :S
Butterfly Harimoto sZLC
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Xiom Vega Japan

MyFeedbackSection
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by van_doorn van_doorn wrote:

i used something like this: Hobby knife

And it was horrible :S
Indeed, bad for cutting rubbers.
I use this and bought 100 refill blades

FiskenDK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiskenDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2011 at 4:29am

I would just mention the "not to my liking" sponge's fragility.

When I removed a m2 37 from my alc the sponge ripped, I was quite carefull, but maybe not (4$), but continued very slow and this time real carefull. But despite my efforts when reaching halfway the rubber got loose from the sponge. This has never happened to me before, ofcourse I havnt tried many cheap chinese rubbers. but be vary. It was glued with bty freechalk.

Playingwise I join the club of people wanting the m2 to be tuned, there is really not enough power to it.
That being said, I did like it when playing slow soft hitting opponents, just remember always to go over or under the ball, any straight/flat hitting are horrible and inconsistent even the high pitched sound of straight hits sounds cheap and out of place.

Also got a Sun 38 much better, but also the same cheap sound and sucky straight shots.
great for mid distance looping though, if it wasnt for the inconsistency of close table looping and the awfull sound on smash and straight shots, I would have keept this.

Amultart : FH - Tenzone SF 2.0 BH-morristo sp 2.1
ALC : FH - Calibra spin max BH-extend po max
inf zlc: FH - Adidas p3 max BH - hexer pips
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2011 at 11:10am
I am surprised you like Sun over M2.. I found Sun is much slower, I dunno.
I like Moom better, though..
How many sessions do you have with M2, did it lose it's tack and got faster?

Yeah, I stopped using free chack, IMO the worst WBG ever. My club's owner is a big bty dealer and he stopped using it too.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2011 at 11:44am
I transfered my M2 rubber twice with no issues, I used rubber cement.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2011 at 11:53am
I am blessed with 5 l. of excellent Extra Power wbg. Have attached and removed one M2 more than 20 times and the sponge is absolutely perfect.

BTW, Free Chack is one of the best wbg tried so far. But when it comes to removing it from the sponge, my colleagues use an extra layer of the above mentioned Extra Power wbg.

And yes, Moon is better. M2 however bites like hell. Tongue
FiskenDK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiskenDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2011 at 11:57am
used it for 3 sessions, the tack was gone after the first and it did get a little bit faster.
But the sound and strange behavior on straight shots stayed Dead

I also found that it kind of ran out of power or the sponge failed quite often, mainly when looping with power, counterlooping, punchblocking and the straight shots. 

but if these things are not part of your game, then i would highly recommend it Tongue
Amultart : FH - Tenzone SF 2.0 BH-morristo sp 2.1
ALC : FH - Calibra spin max BH-extend po max
inf zlc: FH - Adidas p3 max BH - hexer pips
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2011 at 12:31am
Hey guys this has the same crumbly  ? LKT ? (Red Diamond) sponge as all the other new Galaxy rubbers? can someone compare it to RD to see if there any difference other than the colour dyes used

Edited by bluebucket - 03/17/2011 at 12:32am
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 1:55pm
had a hit with a friends m2... does anyone find that m2 lacks a certain top gear that you can get with the hurricane series? 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

had a hit with a friends m2... does anyone find that m2 lacks a certain top gear that you can get with the hurricane series? 

It depends on your playing level, I find that enables me to use it on a faster blade such as the Photino instead of the TBS.

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 2:50pm
i guess u r right... i think i was trying it on a laser carbon... it was so fast at the lower gear... my first few blocks were coming off the table... so i thot it was gonna be fast at a higher gear.... but no matter how much i tried that higher gear never kicked in...

i think thats why i prefer my H2 or H3 Neo... because its slow at the low gear and fast at the top gear... for me thats more control....  
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic