Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garaydia Alc vs Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garaydia Alc vs Viscaria
    Posted: 07/23/2016 at 7:45pm
Can anyone give a comparison between this two blades. 😄
How they feel, speed, control etc.
Sponsored Links

taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2016 at 11:08am
I am not able to compare the two blades, but Viscaria is the best ALC blade in my opinion. All the blades after it use pretty much same technology are are just made to increase the sales etc. For offensive style game with Tenergy Rubbers or similar, Viscaria is one of the best blades. Also I do not know a single pro or a good player that uses Garaydia, yet there are a lot of players who use Viscaria (as it is a blade that has been for a while now, and is one of the most popular blades of all time).
Sorry I couldn't compare the two in your question
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2016 at 12:48pm
The garaydia blades are all very fast! I think they'd mainly be good for players who don't like to swing or move very much. So you can do the half-hearted motions and still send back fast/spinny balls. With the control being so low, you'd need quite a bit of skill to use then effectively with full power in contrast to something like a grubba all around or defensive minded blade. 

I think the main difference between the 2 is the stiffness/solidness. The garaydia might be "soft" but all 3 are quite rigid, and send the ball out without staying too long! They have an addicting feel, if you relish the POWA! I was using the garaydia ZLC and t5000 for awhile, and when you're hitting on point there isn't really anything comparable! The problem is... that doesn't happen too often. After swapping to a slower, defensive blade I found many more of my shots going in and my overall consistency improving overnight. The garaydia are still lots of fun to play with -- but if you're not too good and hoping to get better, faster, I'd think you might be better off with a slower setup. The viscaria is a toned down version of the garaydias in play. The ALC garaydia has the 'deadest' feel, if you enjoy that hard and crisp sensation, though not as fast. 

The new innferforce layer ALC would be a good option for more people, being thinner, slower, and not as CANNON like.

Edited by obesechopper - 07/25/2016 at 12:54pm
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 7:59pm
thanks for the info guys. I'm now considering viscaria and innerforce alc..

Navin323i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navin323i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

I am not able to compare the two blades, but Viscaria is the best ALC blade in my opinion. All the blades after it use pretty much same technology are are just made to increase the sales etc. For offensive style game with Tenergy Rubbers or similar, Viscaria is one of the best blades. Also I do not know a single pro or a good player that uses Garaydia, yet there are a lot of players who use Viscaria (as it is a blade that has been for a while now, and is one of the most popular blades of all time).
Sorry I couldn't compare the two in your question

I have the 1st generation Viscaria S T blade right now and will be getting the Garaydia ALC to use and if I like it then I'll continue to use it for my international matches when I represent the USA as part of the Para program.  I disagree with your comment about the blades after the Viscaria all use the same technology just to increase sales (at least in regards to the Garaydia ALC).  The Garaydia ALC uses hinoki wood which is supposed to help make the blade have better control characteristics, but we'll see once I get this Garaydia ALC blade which will be the first paddle I've ever used with hinoki wood plies.
Hollywood Movie Actor - https://www.imdb.me/Navin-P-Kumar
USA Para Table Tennis Player & 1st w/ Parkinson's Disease
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uHC9Bj64bg
Navin323i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navin323i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2016 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

The garaydia blades are all very fast! I think they'd mainly be good for players who don't like to swing or move very much. So you can do the half-hearted motions and still send back fast/spinny balls. With the control being so low, you'd need quite a bit of skill to use then effectively with full power in contrast to something like a grubba all around or defensive minded blade. 

Actually the control is supposed to be quite good with the Garaydia blades due to the Hinoki wood plies.  We'll see though when I receive mine soon (Garaydia ALC).
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2016 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Navin323i Navin323i wrote:

Actually the control is supposed to be quite good with the Garaydia blades due to the Hinoki wood plies.  We'll see though when I receive mine soon (Garaydia ALC).

Check out butterfly's own charts here: http://www.butterflyonline.com/Templates/BladeSpecifications.pdf

They're on the far right end for a reason! Thick and powerful! Is even one decent pro player using a garaydia blade now? 
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2016 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Saitama Saitama wrote:

You should have considered these two blades from the begining. Garaydias are really fast cause of their composition and the total thickness of the blades. If you want to think how the garaydia alc is, think the primorac carbon with a little more feeling due to the arylate.
So go for a viscaria or an innerforce alc, and for me, better think of the innerforce...more control when it is needed Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2016 at 3:54am
Im also considering zjk alc.. If i could try any of theses blades it'll be easier to choose
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2016 at 5:43am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

You should have considered these two blades from the begining. Garaydias are really fast cause of their composition and the total thickness of the blades. If you want to think how the garaydia alc is, think the primorac carbon with a little more feeling due to the arylate.
So go for a viscaria or an innerforce alc, and for me, better think of the innerforce...more control when it is needed Wink

not agree with this. I have Garaydia alc. its not very fast. not faster then Viscaria for sure
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2016 at 7:47am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

not agree with this. I have Garaydia alc. its not very fast. not faster then Viscaria for sure

Could you compare these two blades in more details, pls ?
THNX
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2016 at 7:52am
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

Could you compare these two blades in more details, pls ?
THNX

I really not good in reviewing equipment ...
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2016 at 9:45am

So you say that viscaria is faster than the garaydia alc? Confused
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2016 at 9:52am

So you say that viscaria is faster than the garaydia alc? Confused

in my feeling yes. at least Garaydia as fast as Viscaria but not faster.
also I never had Primorac Carbon but Garaydia for sure slower then my Muzutani ZLC for example. I would say Garaydia is OFF blade. speed somewhere around TB ALC but it has much nicer feeling because of Hinoki

Edited by piligrim - 08/19/2016 at 9:53am
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2016 at 1:12am
I don't have an issue with fast blades. As long as it is not as fast as sardius, and if it has a better feel and control than sardius.

Edited by Saitama - 08/20/2016 at 1:42am
Navin323i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navin323i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2016 at 5:45pm

Originally posted by Navin323i Navin323i wrote:

Check out butterfly's own charts here: http://www.butterflyonline.com/Templates/BladeSpecifications.pdf

They're on the far right end for a reason! Thick and powerful! Is even one decent pro player using a garaydia blade now? 

Obese... I think you misunderstood my post completely. I was talking about your claim that control is low and I was saying control is quite good given the honoring composition of the outer ply layers. I looked at the Butterfly charts you posted the link to but I think you need to look at them again. The charts weren't indicating lack of control being to the far right. Far right is an indicator of greater vibration property.
Why are you talking about pro players? I don't care about that. We were talking about control... don't change the subject and talk about decent pro players. You are completely wrong about the lack of control. I represent our country as its first Parkinson's Para table tennis player and my table tennis hand shakes constantly but this paddle gives me much better control (both the zlc and alc Garaydias) compared to the 1st gen S T Viscaria I have.
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 3:07am
Control is subjective. Hinoki is a very soft wood, the Garaydia blades are all pretty thick with composite. So of course they will be very fast and stiff, which not all people find to give good control.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 10:08am
Bearing in mind that I only hit with one Garaydia for about 10 min, I felt this: the Garaydia was very significantly faster and much stiffer than any Viscaria I have owned (a lot!). Balls seemed to fly straighter and there was not much margin for error on any kind of offensive shot, especially tnird balls. Short game was hard for me. Blocking was easy if I knew where the ball was going, not so easy in free play. Less vibration. Not to my liking at all.

ZJK ALC is very much like Viscaria, but handle and wing shape slightly diffefent in FL, and it comes in ST and AN versions. Still, if you use FL handle, there is not a whole lot of reason to pay more for ZJK that I can see.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 10:16am
Baal,

There are three Garaydias so knowing which one is key. One is an Iolite, one is an Amultart and one is a Schlager Carbon.

Edited by NextLevel - 12/31/2016 at 10:17am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 10:19am

I think the main difference between the 2 is the stiffness/solidness. The garaydia might be "soft" but all 3 are quite rigid, and send the ball out without staying too long! They have an addicting feel, if you relish the POWA! I was using the garaydia ZLC and t5000 for awhile, and when you're hitting on point there isn't really anything comparable! The problem is... that doesn't happen too often. After swapping to a slower, defensive blade I found many more of my shots going in and my overall consistency improving overnight. The garaydia are still lots of fun to play with -- but if you're not too good and hoping to get better, faster, I'd think you might be better off with a slower setup. The viscaria is a toned down version of the garaydias in play. The ALC garaydia has the 'deadest' feel, if you enjoy that hard and crisp sensation, though not as fast. 

The new innferforce layer ALC would be a good option for more people, being thinner, slower, and not as CANNON like.

This is a common misconception about faster blades. Faster blades are good when you are using the opponents spin and speed but the work you have to do to actually loop and play offensive shots is not trivial. It's the counterattack information shots that are easier, not everything.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 10:21am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Baal,

There are three Garaydias so knowing which one is key. One is an Iolite, one is an Amultart and one is a Schlager Carbon.

I know. The one i tried is an ALC (basically an Iolite with a bigger handle). Should have mentioned that, but it was what the OP asked about, so I thought it was clear.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 1:24am

I don't have an issue with fast blades. As long as it is not as fast as sardius, and if it has a better feel and control than sardius.

i think shlagger carbon is the best carbon bty blade better than primorac
Gwenved View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwenved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2022 at 7:47am
Hi all, sorry to digthis post. I've used the Primorac Carbon for years and now the Garaydia ALC since two years because I was looking for more control. I've tested the all Garaydia family with the same rubber (T80fx 2.1) and my choice was between the ALC and the ZLC ( quite similar), the ZLC seems to have a bit more punch but both far slower then the Primorac Carbon, the Garaydia t5000 is faster than the Primorac Carbon.
Garaydia ALC has tons of control and a soft touch, and it's able accelerate quite fast. I've paired it now with 2 R42 Ultramax and that's really nice to play, lot of spin, control and decent speed. I'm confortable in my game with this set up.
So a bit late as Garaydia is not sold nowadays and I was looking some advice about the ZJK ALC in case I broke my blade.
Be different.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic