Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Tenergy shrunk ?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Tenergy shrunk ?!
    Posted: 07/03/2008 at 3:07am
I know I did not cut the rubber this badly, there is now a gap at least 1-2 mm.  Has anyone experienced shrinking problem with Tenergy?  btw, I did not use speed glue - just regular glue (Nittaku Dine)

I would post a pic if somebody let me know how.

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Sponsored Links

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 3:19am
It is normal for all the tensor rubbers. It would be shrunk a little after being glued.
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 3:20am
haha...I have always used water-based glue so no problem. But because I don't want to waste, I decided to use my Butterfly Basic Chack and yes, it shrunk!!! a little bitConfused I now learn that I should apply 2 layers of the glue and leave for 2 days by sticking it onto a piece of glass before I use it. That would give it time to shrink back to original size.

Cheers.

Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 3:22am
Maybe you stretched it a bit (maybe with the roller or smthin) while ur sticking it on the blade?
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 3:43am
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

Maybe you stretched it a bit (maybe with the roller or smthin) while ur sticking it on the blade?

yes, i always use a bottle to roll over the rubber to ensure there are no air bubbles.  now i know...
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 3:53am
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

yes, i always use a bottle to roll over the rubber to ensure there are no air bubbles.  now i know...

I don't think that is the reason. I believe the glue makes it expand because I use a big rolling pin to roll over all the rubbers I glue. Those using the water-based glue are still same size. And only this one that I used the basic chack shrinks.

Cheers.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 11:54am
I have to ask to settle this once and for all..
Is Tenergy a Tensor???

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 12:07pm
I think it is but they just don't call it a tensor~ Also BTY suggest you use water glue~
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 12:07pm
i had the same problem with joola tango twice!and bryce powersponge did it to me.so i decided not to buy tensors anymore.everyone knows their prices are pretty high....or these rubbers just need to be affixed once.only once or they shrink.tango sheet now has the size of my palm
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 12:11pm
tenergy doesn't shrink. You stretched it by rolling it on the 1st time, you just need to roll it back on the same way and it should be okay.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 12:51pm
If it doesn't shrink, then it's not a tensor?
I am confuse because Bty never call this rubber a tensor..

And one of the Tensor characteristic is the performance of the rubber will change during the course of the rubber's life. the topsheet will be go first if you don't take good care of it.
On the other hand Bty said that tenergy performance will not change as long as the life of the rubber..

One other thing, all the tensor sponge i know is white.. tenergy's sponge is not white..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 12:58pm
Tenergy is made in Japan, so it can't be a tensor or it'd be sued.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 1:24pm
I kept saying that it is not, but some still referring tenergy as a tensor..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 1:25pm
btw, thanks for your info, dalamchops
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 2:09pm

Tensor is the name given to speed glue effect rubbers produced by German rubber producer ESN. Desto series, Dtecs series, Plasma series, Nimbus, Pryde, Coppa JO series are some of the Tensor rubbers. They have similiar playing characteristics and definitely not similiar with Tenergy. Tenergy is made in Japan by Butterfly itself, ridiculosly grippier topsheet with 10-15 degrees of harder sponge compared to Tensors. Actually it has one of the most unique looking sponges around (they call it "Spring Sponge") The only common thing is both Tensors and Tenergy are designed/produced for the post glue-ban era.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 2:14pm
How are you liking your Tenergy on Acoustic Speaquinox?
Is it a fast combo?
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 3:01pm
I like it a lot. I've been playing with this setup for 1.5 or so months. Tenergy seems to like med to soft blades, and I don't like soft rubbers on my Acoustic. So far it's a perfect match for me. Yea it's fast, may not be in the same league with OFF+ blades, but it never made me think it's not fast enough. 
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 3:12pm
I have been using Tenergy for 2 months now and it is still awesome
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
Audrey17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrey17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2017 at 6:04am
I used Butterfly Free chack glue which is completely free from organic solvents.

After applying it to the blade and the rubber, then letting it dry, you can stick the rubber and the blade surfaces together.

MY best ping pong table reviews and unique guideline
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2017 at 7:09am
I think the word you're looking for is tuned. Is tenergy tuned? I think it is but I remember there was a debate. Tuned of course meaning something's soaked into the sponge.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 3:00am
Tenergy is definitely boosted out of the package. What I am still not sure though is how it holds that boosting while in package? I mean, if it shrinks after being put on a blade, why doesn't it just shrink while it is in the package itself? 
I have used many tenergy sheets over the years and in the beginning I thought that I was rolling them forward too much and that is why they were shrinking when I took them off. However, over the years, I have perfected my technique to glue and cut rubbers and my cuts are similar to the ones you will see on a pre-made. Still, the shrinking (even though it is 1-2 mm) does happen on almost all the tenergies I have used.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 1:49pm
It's been 8 years since OP started this thread. His tenergy is probably long dead by now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic