Seller's Notes:

View the seller's For Sale page.
 Buyer's Review (2)
  Product Quality:
  Communication:
  Payment:
  Shipping:
  Overall:
View all feedback about this seller (403)
 Forum Assessment
This seller has not been assessed by moderators yet. Request assessment
 Assessed by moderators.
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS: Table Tennis Stamps (Rare!!!)
    Posted: 11/18/2010 at 12:39am
Hi guys,

As I was digging through my closet this morning, I discovered an album of stamps that I used to collect from my younger days.  Inside the album, I was startled to find two very rare table tennis stamps, so I thought this forum is probably an ideal place to sell this especially given the number of table tennis enthusiasts that we have here.

1) The first stamp was issued in 1959!!!!  It was issued to commemorate the 25th WTTC held in Germany (http://www.allabouttabletennis.com/world-table-tennis.html).  This stamp writes "第25届世界乒乓球锦标赛“ (25th WTTC) on the top, and issued by "中国人民邮政" (on the bottom) or China Post.  Furthermore, to add significant value to this stamp, it was actually postmarked in 1959, in the month of September, the actual date I can't quite make out as the postmark lettering blocked the date.  In addition, I believe this stamp was postmarked in ShangHai "上海”.  Even though only the ”海“ showed up, not the "上", I do believe it would be appropriate to choose this city as this was considered one of the biggest metropolis in China back then, and still is today.

Taken from the excerpt of the above mentioned site, "The 1959 World Table Tennis Championships were held in Dortmund, West Germany and that year also saw the first Chinese winner of the men's singles title as Jung Kuo-Tuan beat Hungarian Ferenc Sido in the final." - I believe this stamp was issued in particular to celebrate China's rise to the table tennis world.

This stamp features a Chinese penhold player smashing the ball close-to-the-table, dressed in red tshirt, black shorts, and a pair of red socks.  All drawn in the same style as the revolutionary figures in China's history.  With the above paragraph being said, I now believe that this figure in the stamp could be the first Chinese winner in table tennis, Jung Kuo-Tuan.

2) The second stamp displays the picture of the venue or the stadium where the 43rd WTTC "第43届世界乒乓球锦标赛" was held in.  The 43rd WTTC was held in TianJin of China in 1995.  This particular championship truly showcased China's dominance in the world of table tennis as they captured all of the available gold medals.  This stamp was issued by "中国邮政", or China Post, displayed on the bottom of the stamp.  This stamp too was also postmarked on 8/24/1996 in my hometown actually, in the city of MaoMing ”茂名" (situated next to GuangZhou "广州", where the current Asian Games are being held at)

uploads/611/IMG_6734.JPG

Because I don't know the values that these stamps would go for in the table tennis community, anyone interested please feel free to make me an offer, thanks.

Edited by liulin04 - 11/18/2010 at 1:41pm
Sponsored Links

tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 9:36am
nice...!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 12:32pm
took down auction, don't want to wait for too long.  All parties please submit your offer asap, will make decision by tonight.  Thanks

Edited by liulin04 - 11/18/2010 at 1:42pm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 1:42pm
update, took down Ebay auction
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 6:39pm
thanks
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2010 at 1:44pm
bump
ckm423 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckm423 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2010 at 1:45pm
u need a better camera or learn how to take close up picture lol, out of focus bro....
Yasaka Extra
FH: DHS Neo Skyline 2
BH: Donic Acuda S2 2.0mm
USATT:1876
My Feedback!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic