Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Rare Footage' Ma Lin and Wang Liqin glueing up at
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

'Rare Footage' Ma Lin and Wang Liqin glueing up at

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2011 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by rdrivr rdrivr wrote:

what was the original intent of the ban,health of the player,the envirment?
or just to slow down the game without saying so...
then its, you must use rubbers as the factory  provides and approved

what does that have to do with health or the envirment

whats the real intent of this rule
im confuesed

Health concerns was much of what started it. I believe back in 2001 someone in Japan passed out fromt he fumes, and so health concern was a risk. But then Shahara and the ITTF thought that slowing down the game would lead to longer, more interesting rallies, and thus more viewership to the sport. 

Then of course the conspiracy theory that the ITTF wanted to stop the Chinese' stranglehold on the sport, since a slower speed could let other players at least gain more opportunity in points since the Chinese couldn't use their unmatched speed to dominate.

Even Cai Zhenhua said that total Chinese dominance was no good for the sport.

Edited by liXiao - 03/13/2011 at 8:12pm
Sponsored Links

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2011 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

oh, that yellow bottle on the ma lin's table in the vid above (which alexli sells), that's not haifu oil??

that's haifu speedglue??  if that's the case, then there's nothing illegal about that at all!!  so what is everybody here complaining about??  nothing!!  as per usual--a big fat nothing-burger!!

i was wondering, cuz when you look at the bottle, under the chinese, it says in english, "adhesive."

gosh darnit, i thought i was ordering the highly venerated, magical HAIFU OIL, instead i just got some plain ol' VOC-free speedglue...  Embarrassed

Alexili used to sell Haifu Oil, but that was TWO years ago when it was still available.  The similar looking bottle you think is Haifu Oil is speed glue.

Nothing is stopping us from tuning?  There's a huge barrier stopping us from tuning - supply.  There is no effective tuner available to the general public.  Haifu Oil is discontinued with next to no supply, a different secret tuner which almost no one can get their hands on, and some other tuners which are also discontinued.  These household substitutes like PO, baby oil, etc are no where near as effective as these hard to get tuners.  I can tell you this, the CNT has a huge supply of Haifu Oil and other tuners because when they were still available, they bought HUGE amounts of it.  I've even heard that Haifu still produces tuner from their factory but only to the CNT.

Nothing stopping us?  Don't be silly.  Even though I have ways to get my hands on good tuner, I'm limited to a very small supply.  My tuning applications are for long lasting effect instead of pure performance.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
malong1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2011 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

Nothing is stopping us from tuning?  There's a huge barrier stopping us from tuning - supply.  There is no effective tuner available to the general public. 

But what about this booster, this is not effective?

http://www.falco-shop.com/tempo-booster-150ml-p-123.html

Pics and instructions for use:

http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/falco_tempo_booster.htm

Edited by malong1 - 03/13/2011 at 11:05pm
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2011 at 11:11pm
falco is not bad. i still like tibhar booster better. it was some real juicy stuff. made all my rubbers go crazy!
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

malong1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2011 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

falco is not bad. i still like tibhar booster better. it was some real juicy stuff. made all my rubbers go crazy!

Why do you say "it was", they still make it, so don't you still use it?
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2011 at 11:42pm
nah. i don't use tibhar booster anymore. i'm currently testing out the booster sent to me by ttnpp. so far it seems to be working. at least in speed and bounce. the spin has stayed the same (crazy spin =)
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

malong1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2011 at 11:47pm

i'm currently testing out the booster sent to me by ttnpp.

That would be this?:  http://ttnpp.com/shop/table-tennis-rubber-booster-haifu-oil-substitute-20ml-p-394.html

If so, how big was the dome? How many coats did you use? And one more, what glue did you use?

Sorry for all the questions... :p

Edited by malong1 - 03/13/2011 at 11:47pm
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2011 at 12:36am
Originally posted by malong1 malong1 wrote:

Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

Nothing is stopping us from tuning?  There's a huge barrier stopping us from tuning - supply.  There is no effective tuner available to the general public. 

But what about this booster, this is not effective?

http://www.falco-shop.com/tempo-booster-150ml-p-123.html

Pics and instructions for use:

http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/falco_tempo_booster.htm

From what I heard, it is not that effective on H3.  I also doubt it works as well as Haifu Oil too.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2011 at 1:56am
Originally posted by malong1 malong1 wrote:

i'm currently testing out the booster sent to me by ttnpp.

That would be this?:  http://ttnpp.com/shop/table-tennis-rubber-booster-haifu-oil-substitute-20ml-p-394.html

If so, how big was the dome? How many coats did you use? And one more, what glue did you use?

Sorry for all the questions... :p

yep, that would be the one. i usually put about 3-4 coats. curls up medium amount. not into a cylinder. i've only tried it on h3 rubbers since i'm pretty much dead set on that now.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

malong1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2011 at 1:58am
Last 2 questions I promise!(I hope!)..

What glue do you use, and how long does the "speed glue" effect last?

Thanks!
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2011 at 3:19am
oh sorry i forgot. i use joola x-glue and/or haifu water solubility bond. right now i'm using the haifu. but i used to use joola.

i retune about every 3 weeks but i've never left the rubber alone to the point where it doesn't feel right anymore. so i'm not sure how long the soft feel will last...
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 12:29am
Dang, you get 3 weeks effect out of that tuner? that's insane. It takes forever to soak in though, I wasn't expecting that.

my brand new H3 played alright... but I only got 2 coats on it. I would definitely like more pop

I'm also using the old provincial #20, not the NEO.

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 12:48am
my preference would be the old #20 over the neo. the neo feels a bit weird for some reason....either that or the topsheet was not as good as the regulars.

you definitely need 3-4 coats. my oil soaks in after about an hour or so....i just lay it on until it starts to curl just a bit. then its ready to go.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 1:58am
Yes that is a bottle of tuning substance on Ma Lin's table, and yes that is a clear layer of tuning substance on WLQ's tenergy.  The pros DO tune, it does not matter if they are from Asia, Europe, or Antarctica.  Tuning is cheating, so why would a pro do it even though it is unethical and risky? Reason 1: they never get caught.  Reason 2: they are going to push and bend the rules to their greatest extent possible in order to possess every edge possible.  Are you one of the few that think that the honorable Timo Boll does not tune?  Think about this:  Would you rather see Timo retain his honor by not tuning, then lose to a top Chinese player by a slim margin as the top chinese player does tune.  Or would you rather he cheat, and instead win by a slim margin, the playing field now being level.  I prefer the latter, even if it was against the rules to tune, I am not such a biggot that I would judge Timo any differently based on whether he tuned or not.  Let everyone play on the same grounds, and let the best player that day win.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 2:42am

my preference would be the old #20 over the neo. the neo feels a bit weird for some reason....either that or the topsheet was not as good as the regulars.

you definitely need 3-4 coats. my oil soaks in after about an hour or so....i just lay it on until it starts to curl just a bit. then its ready to go.

That's the only way to 'awaken' the new H3 topsheets at all is to tune the crap out of the rubber at least once. The topsheet needs to stretch out before it's good grip is there. Once you soften the topsheet up the rubber is so much better. Even that one DIY H3 I bought, i would tune it and get the topsheet to where I wanted it, but the mushy Weird (weird is all I can think to say about it, too) sponge would just ruin the end result.

I got in a hurry because i wanted to play, and didn't expect the tuner to take so long to absorb. So I had to stop early in order to play. But I'm definitely happy to be back to the normal one. It feels so much better. I almost dropped it all and went back to good old BW2.
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 5:13pm

When you tuned the H3NEO, was it brand new with the glue-type-thing-layer on the sponge? Did you remove this before you applied the oil or did you just apply oil on top of the glue-type-layer-thingy?

To me honest i think the "haifu oil substitue" sound like regular veggie oil by the posts ive read
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 5:25pm
Ok you lost me, so do you put the oil on the top sheet also ? or just the sponge ?

Sorry kinda new at this tune thingy.
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 5:40pm
This is the biggest problem with table tennis. Too much confusion regarding what is legal or illegal equipment. Why does it seem like you have to be a science guru to figure out the proper glueing method of rubbers? I know the table tennis halls smell much better since the banning of speedglue but the accusations of cheating or what might be cheating by our top pro players is definitely a black eye on our sport. All this talk of "secret" boosters and stuff that is undetectable to the testing methods almost reminds me of the (steroids)balco scandal in baseball. There needs to be a better way........I'm sure someone will eventually figure it out.....hopefully in my lifetime. lol.
who no know go know
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 7:44pm
i tried both ways. putting on the glue layer and letting it soak in (no real big difference) and peeling off the glue layer and then adding the oil (much better).

after i'm done with the oil, i put about 5 layers of haifu WSB and a hair dryer.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 7:45pm
@ chopper: the oil only goes on the sponge. never on the topsheet. it reacts all weird if you somehow spill some on the topsheet...
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 10:54pm

@ chopper: the oil only goes on the sponge. never on the topsheet. it reacts all weird if you somehow spill some on the topsheet...

ask debraj about topsheet tuning.

i think the trick is an even coat.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 10:58pm
nice
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 11:01pm
i feel its better to remove the layer of glue then tune.. it got more feeling and feel less heavy when lefting the ball up Embarrassed
danie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 12:30pm
did anyone buy the haifu oil from taobao? if yes, which kind of payment did you use to pay? I have no idea which kind of payment to use... Thanks...
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 7:06pm

i tried both ways. putting on the glue layer and letting it soak in (no real big difference) and peeling off the glue layer and then adding the oil (much better).

after i'm done with the oil, i put about 5 layers of haifu WSB and a hair dryer.

do you think that Haifu wsb can be a alternative glue for the FineZip.
The FineZip is hard to find and expensive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic