Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

what i need

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what i need
    Posted: 05/06/2011 at 9:17pm
hi guys, this is a video of me playing during may 6, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpOP0w1GvI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0c8cSx6R0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p-yCdoo5VI

although i won in the 1st and last videos, i felt i didn't do very well. ive always wanted to further improve my game and i'd like to ask advice from you guys on what aspect of my game i should work on to improve my overall playing ability. hope you watch the video's. thanks!!
Sponsored Links

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2011 at 9:20pm
which one are you
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2011 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

which one are you

oh sorry....im the guy with the red shirt and please do tell me too when rubber you would recommend that would fit my fh stroke. thanks!
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 12:18am
i need your help
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 12:50am
You have great looping capabilities, but it needs work in regards to preparing for the next shot. I am going through the same issue where i admire my opening loops too much, wasting precious seconds instead of preparing for a finishing shot or counter.

Btw, i noticed you asked for help regarding your FH since you have a great BH already. But, equipment is not the answer. What were you using during these vids?

"Ai! Piste!" lmao LOL   Sa asa man ni?
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 1:17pm
im using tenergy 05 for my fh and stiga mendo on my bh on tibhar samsonov carbon. ive been using the tenergy 05 for a week now and i feel its way to0 powerful and im not generating enough spin with it. i cant keep up with its speed. whenever i drive a ball and it gets blocked i end up running for it on the other side of the table.

you saw the form of my fh maybe you can recommend a rubber with more spin capabilities.

by the way the more i look at the vids the more i can say i loop like chen weixing hahahahahahaha

player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 1:38pm
You are always trying to start your attack with FH and it's clearly seen when you move to the left. I've mentioned several times how your opponent gave you intentionaly balls to the left and again to the left so you wasn't able to make a FH loop and at the end you made mistake. Btw, I have simiral mistake. 

Your FH is quite consistent but it's not powerful. I like your opponent's FH loop but it's not that consistent and frequent. 
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 1:48pm
yes i know my fh isnt powerful perhaps i should change my stroke? or try to make up with a much spinnier rubber?
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 2:30pm
I wouldn't say T05 which you are using is not spinny enough. Just master your stroke. Youtube will help you=)
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 2:35pm
youtube hasnt helped in improve my forhand
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 5:30pm
exactly, youtube will not help you. will only help you mimick pro players lol.

Anyways, Tenergy is actually pretty spinny BUT, you have to utilize the sponge...

You mention you want a spinnier rubber? tenergy is spinny enough, but from your FH you look like you brush loop IMO. You can sell that tenergy and get yourself some DHS or other tacky rubber.

Either a softer sponge to dig the ball in, or a tacky rubber
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

exactly, youtube will not help you. will only help you mimick pro players lol.
Anyways, Tenergy is actually pretty spinny BUT, you have to utilize the sponge...
You mention you want a spinnier rubber? tenergy is spinny enough, but from your FH you look like you brush loop IMO. You can sell that tenergy and get yourself some DHS or other tacky rubber.
Either a softer sponge to dig the ball in, or a tacky rubber

yes i brush loop..ive always wanted a dhs hurricane3 but its hard to get the national version here. i was thinking il just buy a fast friendship rubber. what do you think?
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 10:18pm

First, forget about equipment. Changing it will only turn you into a damn EJ. Save money to spend with girls or getting an Ipad.

And watching your vid (only the first one) I noticed you rarely open with backhand, you seem to prefer to chop the ball. Developing a consistent backhand topspin could be an option to make your game more allrounded. A good looper must attack from both sides.
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 10:40pm
first i have girls, second im not very fond of ipad

ya your right i really need to work on an opening backhand topspin

and what's an EJ? ive never understood that term here

and tell me what top pro tt player do i look like when i loop
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 1:50am
and how would you rate me in terms of usatt rating?
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 2:04am
Originally posted by linkin_be linkin_be wrote:

and how would you rate me in terms of usatt rating?

About 1650... Smile
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 2:45am
you can get girls and have them spend money on your equipment lol

dont need money to get the ladies brah Cool
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 10:36am
cruel just let them spend half of the price of the equipment

like you guys said earlier i lacked power in my loop. worked on that today. im starting to adjust more on the tenergy. thanks guys!

and congrats to manny pacquiao for another victory
cool_natja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool_natja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 11:00am

and what's an EJ? ive never understood that term here

EJ = Equipment junkie, one who changes equipment a lot of times. A journeyman of tt equipment.

"Nothing replaces training" - Stellan Bengtsson
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 11:07am
oh ok. thats common practice in our place. they explore different rubbers and paddles until they get the equipment that best suits them. 2 guys i know changed rubbers every month and now theyve settled on a certain equipment and havnt changed since. i just got back on tt after a 3year absence. i too am exploring different rubbers until i find the one that best suits me
cool_natja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool_natja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 11:34am
  i just got back on tt after a 3year absence. i too am exploring different rubbers until i find the one that best suits me

Welcome home ! Happy practicing & exploring, hope you finally find your setup !
"Nothing replaces training" - Stellan Bengtsson
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 6:40pm
729-5 anyone?
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by linkin_be linkin_be wrote:

729-5 anyone?
YES!  I seem to be the biggest fan of that rubber, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Just tacky enough to be good at brush looping, but not too hard either. and it's lighter than tenergy...

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2011 at 12:32am
Yasaka Mark V XS, Extend HS, Sriver G2, Bryce all work very well on the Primorac. Power with control and less expensive too.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2011 at 10:48am
anyone from the Philippines? who can i order friendship rubbers from?
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2011 at 12:13pm
after watching a video of He Zhi Wen i went like wow! that really inspired me to consider short pips for a while
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic