Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any penholders out there?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 3:08pm
Hey 7homuz,I saw that blade on iruiru.com after you posted that message. Is there anywhere else that sells it? The shipping to the US from iruiru.com is almost as much as the blade itself!?!?
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
Sponsored Links

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 3:09pm
Have you ever been to any of the tourneys in Texas, Johnchlaw? I might have meet you before.
Avalox 550
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 3:11pm
Does the sriver work well for your reverse penhold backhand, tonycl? Does the Yasaka blade have good control? Thanks.
Avalox 550
Mushin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 7:54pm
Sriver is good for RPB. I use it and reckon its great unglued!
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D (penhold)
FH: Yasaka New Era 2.2
BH: LKT XT Pro 2.2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 8:00pm
Awesome, I will try and find some. Alot of the local people have spare rubbers that they will usually sell. Thanks
Avalox 550
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 9:32pm
AZN, the kokutaku staysher is 6400 yen, and shipping is 1900 yen. its less then 90 dollars together. for the kokutaku staysher, some of them come with a black backpaint sheet on the back. if it does, you have to sand it off... a safer option is the 7p-2a by darker, it is faster, slightly less control, and is defenite they own't put a paintsheet on it. besides, they're the same price
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
johnchlaw View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnchlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by AZNpenholdloop AZNpenholdloop wrote:

Have you ever been to any of the tourneys in Texas, Johnchlaw? I might have meet you before.

I have never been to any tourney in Texas. I evacuated from New Orleans recently.
Galaxy T4 Chinese Penhold
FH: DHS Hurricane II or III
BH: 729 SP
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 9:54pm
are there any tourneys in houston?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 10:15pm
http://www.usatt.org/events/tournaments.shtml

Go there for tourney info. click on the region that you are in. Some non-sanctioned tourneys are not on there.
Avalox 550
khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2006 at 3:26pm

Any recommendation for an ALL or OFF- single plate J-pen from Darker or Kokutaku that's good for pushing on the bh and aggressive play on the fh?

jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2006 at 1:20am
most penholders usually prefer something tacky on their forehand.  I am going back to my old equipment and see how that goes.  I just ordered 999T chinese and i had a great time wit 999 (i still remember that click sound).  I've also tried 999T japanese and had a terrible moment with it.  I couldn't even feel the ball and i felt it was slower than the 999 chinese. 
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra, Primorac 2000 CS (traditional only)
FH: Globe 999/999T
BH: Sriver-D13-L, Sriver EL (RPB)
GantZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GantZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2006 at 4:17am
Penholder here at TAMU among the other 15 penhold grad/undergrad players at the university. In fact, it is very hard to find a quality shakehand player over here, but at least we have one of each different grip and style. The majority it seems to be fast attacking, right hand, penhold grip though. I have been learning casually over one year and would like to get more indepth into this AWESOME game. There are not any coaches over here, but way better players than me who all hail from Asia and have like 10+ experience from their youth. Sadly, only one of them does alittle drilling with me... but at least he is the best out of all of them    . If anyone has any time to give spare advice to a lowly penholder, i would appreciate it because i have been in this forum for quite some time now and just started posting. I find this site VERY helpful in learning some basic concepts of the game, and i would like to learn more advance concepts as we go along. If anyone is willing to have more private discussions to help me out that would be fantastic so any PMs of some penhold advice or advice in general is greatly appreciated.
PingPongPang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2006 at 8:19pm
My current setup is darker speed70 with Sriver-L. Other tensioned rubbers would be too fast for my blade. It's a great combo at least for me.

I just ordered a Chinese penhold Yasaka Carbon with G666 on fh. I'll use my leftover Sriver-EL on rpb. I'm not sure how would I like this setup. I'm just messing around with it. I've no really tried to play with a regular chn penhold paddle. I assume it would not be that different from my Jpen style except I could use my rpb to add a little spice in the game. I also expect the power that I get from the Yasaka Carbon would not be as great as speed70. Well..so what. I won't know what I like better until I try a real rpb setup. I can always go back to my Jpen
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
chin_penholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chin_penholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2006 at 9:02pm
penholder here ^_^
jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2006 at 9:48pm

hey ping pong pang.  is this ur first c pen blade?  I look at ur signature and it appears that u have a senkoh, so i assume that u played jap style.  Yasaka Carbon is a pretty fast blade and with G666 it might be faster because of the hard sponge.  sriver is pretty good for rpb.  there is a difference between jap and cpen and that's the handle so can i ask u how u hold ur jap blade.  the way u hold the blade does affect the way u hit the ball and u must adjust the grip in a way so u can use rpb.  u don't want to have a close grip (the tie) which most jap penholders do.  a chinese penholder needs an open grip for more flexibility for forehand and backhand.  the only reason why most chinese penholders cannot execute a strong loop is because they don't have a flexible grip.  if ur grip is tight then ur loop will be slow and u can mess up ur stroke or even hurt urself in the long run.  jap pen is an exeption because it was designed for u to close ur grip having more control over ur grip, which then allows u to execute powerful loops. 

Indonesia5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indonesia5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2006 at 11:58pm
had to leave my mark
blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra, Gatien Carbon cpen
FH: Globe999 on dhs #20 BH: SST Cross
jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2006 at 3:07am

802 friendship?  short pips for rpb.  that's an interesting combo and because 802 is a good rubber (an all purpose rubber). 

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2006 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by jc48573 jc48573 wrote:

hey ping pong pang. is this ur first c pen blade? I look at ur signature and it appears that u have a senkoh, so i assume that u played jap style. Yasaka Carbon is a pretty fast blade and with G666 it might be faster because of the hard sponge. sriver is pretty good for rpb. there is a difference between jap and cpen and that's the handle so can i ask u how u hold ur jap blade. the way u hold the blade does affect the way u hit the ball and u must adjust the grip in a way so u can use rpb. u don't want to have a close grip (the tie) which most jap penholders do. a chinese penholder needs an open grip for more flexibility for forehand and backhand. the only reason why most chinese penholders cannot execute a strong loop is because they don't have a flexible grip. if ur grip is tight then ur loop will be slow and u can mess up ur stroke or even hurt urself in the long run. jap pen is an exeption because it was designed for u to close ur grip having more control over ur grip, which then allows u to execute powerful loops.

Yes, it would be my first real cpen if you don't count those crappy ones that I fooled around with when I was a kid. I know what exactly you're talking about. I'd have to adjust the grip for sure. Plus the sweet spot of cpen is way toward the middle of the blade. But I believe it'd not be just fun. It would improve my backhand substantially if I like it this way.

It'd be great if the blade is really fast. That's what I was shooting for. I don't want to lose the speed and power that I have in jpen. Still I'm not sure how fast or how hard is the Yasaka Carbon. I suspect it would have the same feeling as The Yasaka Advance 3D that i've played before. And one more thing, I've never own a carbon blade. It would be a new toy for me definitely.

G666 has the right speed that I want. I always have the feeling that G666 is a Chinese version of Sriver. One of the reasons that I get a sheet of G666 MAX is because of its price. You can't beat that with its quality and performance!! The throw angle is a little higher than Sriver. But it's adjustable in a few sessions of practice. I'll throw in my old Sriver EL on rpb in this coming weekend. It should feel alright. All of the above is right out of my own pocket. I also ordered the new Sriver G2 2.1 just to test it out and see if it would match my satisfaction. Originally I ordered a regular Sriver. But I changed my mind. I want something faster with little more looping spin. I expect this rubber to die in a month or two. I'll see how I like it.
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2006 at 6:07pm
Ping pong pang, r u currently living in Hong Kong right now?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2006 at 6:12pm
I'm studying in IL, US right now
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2006 at 5:05am

Hey everybody, I'm come from Malaysia. I playing used Japan Holder.

Butterfly Blade : Kim Taek Soo, Chiang Peng Lung, Cyrpess-S, Super Senkoh 10 and 95.

YASAKA Blade : Old Model(1972)

Butterfly Rubber: Sriver G2 and Sriver (MAX)

YASAKA Rubber: YASAKA Mark 5

Speed Glue: Stiga Energy and Stiga Carbon, Butterfly Speed Glue and TSP.

redknight15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redknight15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 12:59am
> hi there guys iam also a cpen player from Phillipines
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic