Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ittf Juniors thai open 2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ittf Juniors thai open 2012
    Posted: 05/06/2012 at 6:13am
I'm lucky enough to witness my first ittf event, sorry to say only juniors but some of these guys on day one are sensational.  It would seem each time I pulled out the camera a rally would stop but I tried anyway.

The korean ladies have like a submarine sound before each and after (if they win the point).

The Thai kid at the end played out of his skin to beat the Hong Kong guy at the end, best part.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2012 at 9:43pm
Chinese Taipei won the teams, and I am thinking to head back there again today for the start of the singles.  

Any questions?  thoughts?

I was thinking to approach and ask some players some questions, but being juniors I think this might actually be either illegal or make them feel awkward?

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2012 at 6:41am
lol, I don't think it is illegal.
Maybe collect some autographs, they might come in handle years later Wink.
I know some guy on the forum wanted photos of juniors equipment setup, remember reading it somewhere.

BTW, I just feel top junior players today, might not become world champion tomorrow. IE ZJK highest ranking as a junior was not in the top 3 if I remember, was mostly 5 ~ 7. So hope these youngster can be humble and hungry. I saw a few juniors in the past thinking there are the man, while they are still kids
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2012 at 7:07am
Thanks for the Vid, some interesting styles, I believe one of the Singapore girls in one of the doubles was here last Month

edit and the Hong Kong boy in the yellow shirt (he won The Oceania ITTF circuit here)

Edited by smackman - 05/07/2012 at 7:20am
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2012 at 8:51am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Chinese Taipei won the teams, and I am thinking to head back there again today for the start of the singles.  

Any questions?  thoughts?

I was thinking to approach and ask some players some questions, but being juniors I think this might actually be either illegal or make them feel awkward?

Why would it be illegal to ask them questions?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
assasin8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assasin8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2012 at 4:15pm
Thanks for the videos.

I did see Maria Engelson and Linda Bergstrom (defender) from the Angby club / Sweden in the middle of the video.
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2012 at 5:11pm
Looks like it's pretty much all shake-hand grips going on... I wonder if the c-pens and j-pens of the world will be a lost artform in the future. It doesn't seem like that long ago (well, 25 years or so, I guess) that pretty much no Asian players used shake-hand.
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2012 at 8:09am
I think there are still a few juniors from China that are not shown to the rest of the world yet, but yes, a lot more shakehanders than oppose to penholders.
I think maybe the new change to the ball will see more short pimple penholders in the future?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2012 at 11:50am
I was just told that a Korean guy won the singles, I wish I went to watch as I tried to watch the final here on tv but realised that it was on a different cable channel to 50 channels we have.  Dam, I would have gone to watch, but then again I enjoyed playing down at the school more than watching....

I enjoyed and yes I know I should have gone to at least a few days of it but the one hour bike ride is killer, it's either go there or go play, as much as I love watching, I am a player.

Where as many of the other sports have millions of fans watch but never play....
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2012 at 9:11pm
Koreans do have many choppers in the team. Shocked
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic