Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Short pimples for forehand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2006 at 4:24pm

I can't comment on speedglueing of pips rubbers, cause I don't speedglue regularly. I think it enhances the features.

But really, Raystorm is a good choice. Thicker the sponge, better the loop. It is available in max, but I don't know if it is available here.

Sponsored Links

goldberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2006 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by fortunateluck fortunateluck wrote:

I can't comment on speedglueing of pips rubbers, cause I don't speedglue regularly. I think it enhances the features.

But really, Raystorm is a good choice. Thicker the sponge, better the loop. It is available in max, but I don't know if it is available here.

thanks for the comment dude
Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2006 at 2:57pm

Originally posted by Thornta Thornta wrote:

Of course I understand that I can't produce as good topspin as with inverted. I wonder if there are any short pimples which allows you to make looping strokes. Sorry if I was indistinct.

Pretty much none. Raystorm a bit just because it's a lot like inverted. I don't know why you'd want short pips on your forehand if you want to be a forehand looper.

Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2006 at 3:48am
The spinpips were good, get the modern equivalent if you can.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
goldberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2006 at 11:56am
i think i want to buy new cpen from 729.....any suggestion from u all which one to choose for who play offensive forehand short pimple
All-Rounder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All-Rounder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2006 at 12:04pm
Raystorm is a spinny one. I don't have many experience with short-pips but I've used some such as 802, Raystorm, challenger chop and some other ritc short-pips which I can't remember by the name. So far, raystorm is the best out of the short pips I've tested for top-spins due to the flexible pimples. I heard that the new BTY flarestorm is combined with the soft/mid-soft looping sponge.
Schlager Light OFF (FL)
BH :Macro 2.1mm
FH :Cermet 2.1mm

pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2006 at 10:31am
tsp tyranno is a high tension short pimple This means great soft blocking allied to fantastic power when smashing. Quite good spin against chop and for service.
Previously I used 802-40 with a hard sponge bought separately but I think the high tension provides a bit more power.
I hope a high tension version of 802-40 comes out soon.
651 and 652 are pretty good too
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2006 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Patmandidily Patmandidily wrote:

Of course I�understand�that�I can't produce�as good�topspin as with inverted. I wonder if there are any short pimples which allows you to make looping strokes. Sorry if I was indistinct.

Pretty much none. Raystorm a bit just because it's a lot like inverted. I don't know why you'd want short pips on your forehand if you want to be a forehand looper.

Two reasons sp flat hitters need to loop:
1: when chopper chops too low to hit
2: against inverted looper with good tight serves who is winning with his third ball and making and getting in with his topspin generally. Usually the sp player is happy when the inverted player loops because the blocking leads to flat kill opportunities: However sometimes the inverted loop is winning against the sp block: In that case sp player can loop off the push simply to prevent the inverted guy looping. Then he follows up with a smash. This is what liu go liang does to great effect. The sp loop is not particularly powerful but it is usually a spinny loop. That is it does not have great forward speed compared with inverted so what top spin there is tends to bite and is difficult for the inverted blocker who may put in the net or off the end due to timing difficulties. Finally the slow pace of the sp loop gives the sp player prep time for his best shot the KILL!!
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2006 at 12:10pm
Hello i play with stiga clippa its a nice rubber good block good smash and good topspin to i advice it
mike the best
Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2006 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by pingpongpaddy pingpongpaddy wrote:

Two reasons sp flat hitters need to loop:
1: when chopper chops too low to hit
2: against inverted looper with good tight serves who is winning with his third ball and making and getting in with his topspin generally. Usually the sp player is happy when the inverted player loops because the blocking leads to flat kill opportunities: However sometimes the inverted loop is winning against the sp block: In that case sp player can loop off the push simply to prevent the inverted guy looping. Then he follows up with a smash. This is what liu go liang does to great effect. The sp loop is not particularly powerful but it is usually a spinny loop. That is it does not have great forward speed compared with inverted so what top spin there is tends to bite and is difficult for the inverted blocker who may put in the net or off the end due to timing difficulties. Finally the slow pace of the sp loop gives the sp player prep time for his best shot the KILL!!

I agree, short pips players need to be able to loop and open on underspin balls, but I'm pretty sure the person who made the post wants to loop topspin balls with short pips which is very odd

Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agooding2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2006 at 12:34pm

Joola Tango Ultra is the spinniest short pip I've used for looping against underspin.  Great if you don't speedglue.  If you do glue, then 802-40 works well.  The low throw angle of these pips works well on high throw carbon and the soft sponge of the Joola rubber works well with a hard blade.

I found Raystorm very spinny on serves and pushes but the harder sponge made looping harder to do and it had a higher throw angle than the above.  If you use a low throw blade (like a balsa core or hinoki all wood one) you might prefer Raystorm.  I didn't like TSP Spin Pips MD myself.

I also liked Nittaku Hammond FA and Yasaka T-Original which were also higher throw and a bit faster but not quite as spinny as the above.  I needed to speedglue to get the full potential out of those.

--- Andrew

Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2006 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by tomji tomji wrote:

Which short pimples do you think is the best for topspin and smashes with forehand?

Juic Offense

I agree with you. I would add 2 mm for best top spin. In Switzerland, this is the best short pips used by a lot of good players !

O.T.  I warm  welcome to my friend ROTEX. Benvenuto caro amico !

Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2006 at 6:10pm

Ive used 802-40 neubauer tornado ultra, globe 889, stiga clippa. and tsp super spinpips

This is what i've noticed:

The best disturbing effect if you simply block topspin is by far globe 889!

Best to drive\loop is tsp super spinpips with 802-40 as a sidekicker.

Best control is probarbly tsp super spinpips.

The best speed is Clippa with tornado ulta right after.

The hardest to attack with is globe 889, but on the other hand it has much better effect than the others.

All this rubbers were used on my backhand, without speedglue and the thickness off either 1,8 or 2.0

\Robin

Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic