Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2013 World University Games

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chunyenliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunyenliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 World University Games
    Posted: 07/14/2013 at 10:28am
Any video from this event?
My free Android app: "Table Tennis Time" at Google
Sponsored Links

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 10:57am
FanTTW's excellent channel has some - look for "Universiade" in the video titles.

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

FanTTW's excellent channel has some - look for "Universiade" in the video titles.

==========================================

From ITTF's page of Women's Singles - a relatively unknown player Ma Yuefei knocked out the 2nd seed, Cheng I-Ching, to reach semi-final.
However, I did find a youtube video of her playing.

skip3119
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 2:28pm
The arc of Ma Yuefei's loops is so lovely!
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 8:28pm

============================================

ITTF list her name as Ma Yuefei.
USATT list her name as Ma Yufei.  (USATT rating 2657).
Cheng I-Ching, the 2nd seed, has an ITTF ranking as the World #33 female player.
Ma Yuefei (East China University) knocked out Cheng I-Ching is a huge upset.
=====================================

Just discovered the next table, beside her match table, was a match between Tao Wenzhang & Liu Song.

Edited by skip3119 - 07/14/2013 at 8:29pm
skip3119
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 9:44pm
lol  liu song is at least 40 and still at college?
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

======================================

No.  That video of Ma Yuefei playing was 2011 Joola NA Teams, not 2013 World University Games.

(Next table) Liu Song was playing 2011 Joola NA Teams.

You must have had too many beers.
=============================

Ma Yuefei is a relatively unknown player, after she knocked out #2 seed (2013 University Games,) I tried to find a video of her playing.  And found that old video. That old video has nothing to do with the currently ongoing University Games.

Edited by skip3119 - 07/14/2013 at 10:06pm
skip3119
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

No.  That video of Ma Yuefei playing was 2011 Joola NA Teams, not 2013 World University Games.

(Next table) Liu Song was playing 2011 Joola NA Teams.

You must have had too many beers.
=============================

Ma Yuefei is a relatively unknown player, after she knocked out #2 seed (2013 University Games,) I tried to find a video of her playing.  And found that old video. That old video has nothing to do with the currently ongoing University Games.

Actually your wording was really bad so its understandable that bbkon could think that having not opened the video link. I've noticed you're getting sassy lately skip why is that??
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 11:03pm

============================================

ITTF list her name as Ma Yuefei.
USATT list her name as Ma Yufei.  (USATT rating 2657).
Cheng I-Ching, the 2nd seed, has an ITTF ranking as the World #33 female player.
Ma Yuefei (East China University) knocked out Cheng I-Ching is a huge upset.
=====================================

Just discovered the next table, beside her match table, was a match between Tao Wenzhang & Liu Song.

I was there live and that was not Liu Song.  This was the semis and Pistej and Song were teammates.   The other table features the Fang-Zhang-Tao (MyTT elite) team vs. a team from NY with Gao Yanjun, I believe.  Not sure who played that specific match, but Tao and Song played in the final.  Again, these were semis.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 11:30pm
NextLevel said:  "I was there live and that was not Liu Song."
===========================================

At the beginning of Ma Yuefei's video, the next table was a match between Tao Wenzhang and a shakehand lefty.

I think you are right.  After taking another look, that lefty sure doesn't look like Liu Song.
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 11:04am
From ITTF's site:

Men's winner:  Liu Yi.
Liu Yi beat Niwa Koki (WR 19) in the semi, and became the eventual winner of the event.
Quite an upset.  Impressive win:  4 --- 0  (9, 4, 5, 4)

Women's winner:  Che Xiaoxi.
Che Xiaoxi beat Ma Yuefei in the semi, and became the eventual winner of the event.
=======================

Found an old video of Liu Yi.  (An old video that has nothing to do with this Univ. Games.)

Found a video of Che Xiaoxi.  (An old video that has nothing to do with this Univ. Games.)
skip3119
The Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 12:24pm
I am surprised Chinese women lost in the team semi, since they have 3 out of top 4 in singles 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by The Observer The Observer wrote:

I am surprised Chinese women lost in the team semi, since they have 3 out of top 4 in singles 
===========================

Agree with you.

Individually, Che Xiaoxi & Jiang Yue (CHN) is stronger than either Lee I-Chen & Lin Chia Hui (TPE).

But in doubles, TPE team won.

(In recent Asian Games:  Zhu Yuling & Chen Meng beat Ding Ning & Liu Shiwen in doubles.  This kind of thing happens)
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 1:22pm

=====================

It got some videos at the very beginning, but no new videos of this event ever since.

skip3119
Krislupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krislupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 2:05pm
Che Xiaoxi China's strongest player for some reason didn't play in the crucial semi.
clarity at all times

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 2:39pm
Chopper style is making a comeback, knocking out good players left and right these days
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 2:45pm

From ITTF's site:

Liu Yi beat Niwa Koki (WR 19) in the semi, and became the eventual winner of the event.

Che Xiaoxi beat Ma Yuefei in the semi, and became the eventual winner of the event.
=======================

Found an old video of Liu Yi.  (An old video that has nothing to do with this Univ. Games.)

Found a video of Che Xiaoxi.  (An old video that has nothing to do with this Univ. Games.)

Shang Kun ( the lefthander who Liu Yi beat in the final) has a win over Wang Hao to his credit in the Super League (in the past) and also beat Timo Boll this year, so these are not small things.

Edited by NextLevel - 07/15/2013 at 2:46pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

From ITTF's site:

=======================

Shang Kun ( the lefthander who Liu Yi beat in the final) has a win over Wang Hao to his credit in the Super League (in the past) and also beat Timo Boll this year, so these are not small things.
==============

Thanks for your hint, this is what I found:

skip3119
Krislupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krislupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 5:20pm
Shang Kun and Liu Yi are regular players in the Chinese super league, and both were in the initial China trials for this years world championship. They are strong players, and Liu Yi's victory is no surprise.
clarity at all times

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 5:22pm
Shang Kun has been around for quite a while, very strong player. Any videos?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 11:56pm
Liu Yi is on youtube somewhere playing Sun Jianfei at NA Teams from the E China U team. 
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 1:44am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Liu Yi is on youtube somewhere playing Sun Jianfei at NA Teams from the E China U team. 

Not him, you might have mistaken him for Zhu Yi
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 12:18pm
some team competition matches (mostly with Russian players)

Shibaev - Le Breton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voqcoaz1r9A

Skachkov - Yoshimura
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng7H07YQUFA

Devos - Kasahara
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFOtoYsyrtU

Noskova - Matelova
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVEgbjAxjAY
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 2:19pm
Isn't Zhang Yingning (sp?) and Liu Ghozheng (sp?) attending University in the States? Would've been great if they showed up - representing their University.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Isn't Zhang Yingning (sp?) and Liu Ghozheng (sp?) attending University in the States? Would've been great if they showed up - representing their University.

These guys are attending US colleges exactly because they are done with TT. I doubt very much they would be willing to participate in WUG... unless someone pays them some exorbitant amount of money. Even then they'd have to be officially included on the Chinese team which is not guaranteed at all.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 6:39pm
i like how the thread i made first days before this and no one posts videos or updates there yet when some one forgets to do a search and a duplicate thread is made everyone chips in.. what has happened to the world
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic