FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Those wrecked Europians :=Z...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Those wrecked Europians :=Z...
    Posted: 08/25/2013 at 5:30pm

TO BE READ BY TABLE TENNIS EDUCATORS AND TRAINERS FIRST.

Here is a short insructional video of
--HOW CAN YOU BEAT Masato Shiono in the best surest manner..

just do as WangHao had done versus SongMan..
As everybody knows --All the modern defenders are much alike. Shiono is just a Japanese edition of SongMan / JOO Se Hyuk
-----------
Take a look at WH's racket hand powerful motion, as hitting the underspin ball.
Unlike what Europeans would do, his racket hand goes far forwards rather tnan upwards.   
Swift hand swing with a power FORWARD movement is the first requisition to demolish any defender.
---------
    THOSE wrecked Europians !!!!!
    They do have nor go forwards, nor power enough in their topspins ..

Edited by igorponger - 08/25/2013 at 7:46pm
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 7:11pm
Igor, you really amaze me sometimes... don't you ever listen to what you are about to say before you post?

Do you really think top coaches and elite players do not know how to play vs defenders? I wonder what Vladimir Samsonov would say if he read your post? He is a very Euro-style player who has NEVER EVER had any real problems with top defenders including Joo Se Hyuk, Chen Weixing or even Hou Yingchao. Same can be said about Timo Boll who dropped a couple of matches to Joo but still almost always beats defenders.

It's not the technique, it's the consistency of play.

And if we are talking about technique - do you know (of course you do, you know all of that stuff) that Chinese players who have "no problems" vs top defenders (like Wang Hao, Xu Xin, Ma Long) all use hard-sponged tacky rubbers on FH... and that's why their topspin (loop) motion is different from that of players using European style rubbers?

Then if you do know all that, why exactly are you posting everything that jumps into your head before trying to think it through? Please next time, sleep on it... then post. Or don't.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 7:18pm
And as I already wrote in the Czech Open thread: the last man to beat Shiono was a European - Zoran Primorac at the US Open. But then again, he is the one coaching for UMMC, not igorponger.

But trolls must troll.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 8:27pm
 Igor, are you hitting the vodka today? Normally I can figure out what you are trying to say, even if it is usually --- how to put this--- well, an unusual opinion.  This time I can't even decode it.  Yes.
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 8:36pm
Easy fellas, you guys don't have to take his words to heart. I understand the point Igor was suggesting. The Chinese drive forward more(with the help of tacky rubbers). Which makes it easier to blast the ball past defenders. As we know, Primorac didn't win by blasting the ball, but with smart, controlled play. All equipment and technique has it pros and cons.
snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:53pm
WH's fh shot quality does make life difficult for defenders.  But very few players can do what WH does against defenders.  Lets not forget that WH is considered to have the most powerful (fastest?) fh drive among the Chinese players.
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 2:47am
Well, in a parallel thread.
I am asking about Choppers/modern defenders in Europe.

I know the older gen Europeans, if we can call it Timo's age and up, are better against defenders.
I'm not familiar with the tier2 or younger Europeans, especially at Czech Open.
But it does seem like they do struggle, just like CNT players at times. But if it is your weakness, and your goal (national goal) is to get to the top, then i'm sure they will be working on this problem very soon.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 3:53am
Originally posted by snerdly snerdly wrote:

.......  Lets not forget that WH is considered to have the most powerful (fastest?) fh drive among the Chinese players.

Who said that??
I am surprised to hear that as I always thought that WLQ was the epitome of extreme power.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 5:42am
Give world class defenders some credit please, its as if some people think they only play that way so they can be cannon fodder, to be a pro player on the world circuit means that a player is a success, and to think that some players 'struggle' with them only because of their own inadequacies is massively disrespectful. They don't win world singles events, so what? neither do 99.9 % of pro players, but choosing that style of play, in a world of decreasing diversity, can give them the edge to get there. The players who struggle against them are not as good at reading the spin, the ones who do well read it well, it doesn't matter how you do it, with power or finesse if you win.  
The Older I get, The better I was.
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 5:55am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Give world class defenders some credit please, its as if some people think they only play that way so they can be cannon fodder, to be a pro player on the world circuit means that a player is a success, and to think that some players 'struggle' with them only because of their own inadequacies is massively disrespectful. They don't win world singles events, so what? neither do 99.9 % of pro players, but choosing that style of play, in a world of decreasing diversity, can give them the edge to get there. The players who struggle against them are not as good at reading the spin, the ones who do well read it well, it doesn't matter how you do it, with power or finesse if you win.  

Very Very True.
snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

.......  Lets not forget that WH is considered to have the most powerful (fastest?) fh drive among the Chinese players.

Who said that??
I am surprised to hear that as I always thought that WLQ was the epitome of extreme power.

I believe it was Wang Tao.  Relying on memory it is likely that I have left out any given qualifiers.Embarrassed  To be certain, WLQ, WH, M Lin, M Long, ZJK, XX and some of the younger players all are capable of executing monstrous loops, each likely to be better than another in some aspect, close or far, against underpin or topspin, etc.
To me WH's fh is at its best when very close to the table and going for speed, using a lot of wood in the loop, a few feet back and it is not as effective.
I always thought that WLQ's strength was in his ability to loop drive many balls in a row, not that it was the fastest speed wise.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 10:21am

WH's fh shot quality does make life difficult for defenders.  But very few players can do what WH does against defenders.  Lets not forget that WH is considered to have the most powerful (fastest?) fh drive among the Chinese players.

+1. WH is a beast. I saw him play Chen Weixing at the 2011 English Open, and WH literally destroyed him  - every other shot from WH from a FH drive or loop past the opponent.

Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 10:30am
Kreanga  and Persson also beat JSH in the past and I also seen JSH beating Chinese players. So, Europeans can beat choppers  ,it is important  to be in good shape in that match.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

+1. WH is a beast. I saw him play Chen Weixing at the 2011 English Open, and WH literally destroyed him  - every other shot from WH from a FH drive or loop past the opponent.

One more reason why Wang Hao, Xu Xin and Ma Lin have an amazing record vs elite defenders is that it is a bit easier for a penholder to execute powerful over-the-table loop, especially when they have plenty of time. Not the main reason of course...

Wang Hao vs Joo Se Hyuk - 16 wins, 1 loss
Xu Xin vs Joo Se Hyuk - 5 wins, 0 losses
Ma Lin vs Joo Se Hyuk - 14 wins, 6 losses

Wang Hao vs Chen Weixing - 6 wins, 1 loss
Xu Xin vs Chen Weixing - never played
Ma Lin vs Chen Weixing - 5 wins, 0 losses

Ma Lin vs Koji Matsushita - 4 wins, 0 losses

Wang Hao vs Hou Yingchao - 10 wins, 1 loss
Xu Xin vs Hou Yingchao - 7 wins, 0 losses
Ma Lin vs Hou Yingchao - 7 wins, 1 loss
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 1:51pm
Even being so good Whao and MaLin were beaten in the singles wttc 2003 by defenders. Painful loss in such a big event.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 11:52pm

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Who said that??

I believe it was Wang Tao.  Relying on memory it is likely that I have left out any given qualifiers.Embarrassed  To be certain, WLQ, WH, M Lin, M Long, ZJK, XX and some of the younger players all are capable of executing monstrous loops, each likely to be better than another in some aspect, close or far, against underpin or topspin, etc.
To me WH's fh is at its best when very close to the table and going for speed, using a lot of wood in the loop, a few feet back and it is not as effective.
I always thought that WLQ's strength was in his ability to loop drive many balls in a row, not that it was the fastest speed wise.

That last for sure statement from coaching staff on best FH's were still Wang Liqin for Power (His nick name is Da Li come on!) and Ma Lin for speed and precision. That was only about a year ago from a CNT interview. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic