Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SF East Bay: Coach Lin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2013 at 12:00am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

I don't think these people can be labelled trolls, they just don't like you.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I have no dog in this fight, but somehow this is really funny.

Sponsored Links

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2013 at 4:39am
I finished my 3rd coaching session with Coach Lin on Sunday, Sept 14. I was pleased that he joined our TT club, at least until year end, thus supporting the club that's supporting his coaching business. My session was productive. Lin has taken to emailing me a post-session review of his assessment of my play each day and the weaknesses that he witnessed, along with drills I can do on my home table+robot. So far, so good!
BBC, SP, LP
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by nathanso nathanso wrote:

I finished my 3rd coaching session with Coach Lin on Sunday, Sept 14. I was pleased that he joined our TT club, at least until year end, thus supporting the club that's supporting his coaching business. My session was productive. Lin has taken to emailing me a post-session review of his assessment of my play each day and the weaknesses that he witnessed, along with drills I can do on my home table+robot. So far, so good!
=============================

nathanso:  What is your approximate playing level in terms of USATT? A penholder or a shakehander?
skip3119
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2013 at 7:27pm
skip3119: I'm currently USATT 1716. I play shakehand grip though I tend to half-twiddle to Seemiller grip for certain BH strokes and blocks.. a habit I'm trying to eradicate.
BBC, SP, LP
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 10:49am
Is coach Lin a natural penhold or shakehand player?

From some posts I have read, he lost to some 1600 level players, not sure that's correct.
From another post I read, with shakehand, he probably worth 1900.
Any comment?

skip3119
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 11:01pm
I see Lin is now listed as a coach on the Concord Table Tennis Club website: http://www.concordtabletennis.com/content/available-coaching

Skip, I don't know his rating or about his grip, sorry.
BBC, SP, LP
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2013 at 12:00am

I see Lin is now listed as a coach on the Concord Table Tennis Club website: http://www.concordtabletennis.com/content/available-coaching
=================================

nathanso:

What is "the daily playing fee" in your club?
Thanks.
skip3119
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2013 at 2:48am
The daily playing fee at Concord Table Tennis Club is $7 for non-members, $5 for members, and $3 for juniors < 18 and seniors > 70 (iirc).
BBC, SP, LP
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2013 at 10:56pm
up

Edited by hunkeelin - 04/24/2019 at 1:37pm
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

I am naturally a SH grip. However when I was a kid back in China, my coach told me I have an extraordinary amount of ball feel compare to other kids, its a shame that I picked SH over PH. Now since that I quit, why not try PH instead. Anyways, does my natural grip and rating matters to you? You live far away and you are not any potential client of mine. I did my job as a coach, rating/grip shouldn't matter. At least not to you. 

Were you offended by the question ? Is this your attitude when you coach ?

Your answer has a giant F-U all over it.

Edited by jt99sf - 10/03/2013 at 12:55am
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2013 at 11:59pm
come to dublin me and my friend will see what you are worth to put everyone at ease... better yet. how come no video of you playing coaching someone? :)
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2013 at 12:54am
Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

come to dublin me and my friend will see what you are worth to put everyone at ease... better yet. how come no video of you playing coaching someone? :)
==========================================

hunkeelin (coach Lin, or Keith Lin) was offered to play against a junior:
It wasn't  a bet (against the law in CA, according to that post), it was a straight offer - if he wins he gets $100 and if he loses he will not lose any money.
hunkeelin (coach Lin, or Keith Lin) wouldn't take that offer.

So, there won't be any video of coach Lin playing against any rated player.
(From many posts in many threads, I sensed he has big problems playing against a 1600 rated player.)

I thought this thread was dead for good, but here comes hunkeelin (coach Lin) again.
skip3119
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2013 at 1:18am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

==========================================
hunkeelin (coach Lin, or Keith Lin) was offered to play against a junior:

It wasn't  a bet (against the law in CA, according to that post), it was a straight offer - if he wins he gets $100 and if he loses he will not lose any money.

hunkeelin (coach Lin, or Keith Lin) wouldn't take that offer.

So, there won't be any video of coach Lin playing against any rated player.
(From many posts in many threads, I sensed he has big problems playing against a 1600 rated player.)

I thought this thread was dead for good, but here comes hunkeelin (coach Lin) again.

What is your problem?

As far as I can see hunkeelin offered to coach and nathanso took him up on it. nathanso has provided feedback that hunkeelin has done what he said he would. For example:

As far as I can see, "So far, so good" means exactly what it says.

But apparently that is not good enough for some folk. Their attitude seems to be "so far, so bad". Why not simply accept nathanso's assessment and let it go?
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2013 at 3:15am
guys
stop persecuting hunkeelin.
your posts are just giving a bad impression of you, not him
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2013 at 6:08am
Originally posted by pingpongpaddy pingpongpaddy wrote:

guys
stop persecuting hunkeelin.
your posts are just giving a bad impression of you, not him

Thumbs Up 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic