Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Trendy' blade from 2007-2008?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AVarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Trendy' blade from 2007-2008?
    Posted: 10/24/2013 at 8:19am
Hello, does anyone remember the name of a racket that was quite popular and spoken of frequently, in the 2007-2008 years?  It was probably either a Buttlerfly or Stiga. I actually tried it for a month, then let it go, because of backhand issues on the racket. It did have a novel type design and feel. Many people had( still have?) it and swore by it.  
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 9:22am
Stiga had that blade with 13 layers of microcarbon or whatever.  What was that blade again?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 10:06am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Stiga had that blade with 13 layers of microcarbon or whatever.  What was that blade again?
Carbo 7.6 whatever....I think?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 10:21am
For what it's worth, that was around the time Btfly released Amultart and Photino if memory serves correctly (also Basalart?).  I have never heard of a blade discussed here that had "backhand issues".
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 10:32am
Joola Panther was very popular and trendy during that time, trendy indeed with it's black pink and diamond shiny graphics

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by AVarun AVarun wrote:

Hello, does anyone remember the name of a racket that was quite popular and spoken of frequently, in the 2007-2008 years?  It was probably either a Buttlerfly or Stiga. I actually tried it for a month, then let it go, because of backhand issues on the racket. It did have a novel type design and feel. Many people had( still have?) it and swore by it.  

That really is too generic, taking into account that we do not even know the brand. Also it would help if you could remember what were the "backhand issues"...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 11:51am
Whoever comes up with the correct answer for this question will be dubbed the "racquet whisperer" ......

My guess would be Butterfly Iolite
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 12:12pm
yeah, i used that racket with some rubber from 2006-2007.....it was probably either butterfly or donic.  but that rubber did have a novel type design and feel.

many people had (still have?) it and swore by it

:)
raphyelrosby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raphyelrosby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 1:56pm
primorac carbon.
Xiom Hayabusa ZX, Sigma II pro on FH, Vega Elite BH.

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by AVarun AVarun wrote:

It's called user error. LOL
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 2:33pm
One day I was curious about a blade I purchased: the 1st one in USA when I started playing the game as a full dedicated club member. Years later I could not remember what it was and I called Paddle Palace to ask and sure enough they pulled the info for me.
Maybe you can remember where you bought that blade from and go over the same process?

AVarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2013 at 9:57pm

After some detective work ;-), I'm now certain of the blade in question. It's the Donic Waldner V1 or V2.  It had a hollowed out area in the handle which made it lighter.  This was the main distinctive feature of the racket, and could explain why I had backhand issues. The colour was white/beige.  I erred in suggesting it was a Butterfly or Stiga, though with all the racket and equipment afficionados on this site, I'm surprised no one came out with the answer!

Just busting balls( no pun intended :-))

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2013 at 5:42am
Where I'm from this was quite a popular blade but also long before 2007-2008. On this forum the WSC was much more popular in 2007-2008.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic