Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Your shoes weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Johnny.d.p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny.d.p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 4:48am

I use Nike Elastico Finale II. These are incredibly lightweight, flexible and grippy. I can roll the shoe up like a newspaper. There isn't much support in this shoe though. These are said to weigh approximately 225 grams. I'm not sure if that's one or two shoes. If someone knows, please tell me. 

Edited by Johnny.d.p - 12/07/2016 at 11:39pm
BTY Viscaria FL 88g | DHS H3 BS 2.1 41 x DianChi | BTY Tenergy 64
Sponsored Links

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 7:22am
Adidas tennis shoes size 12 - around 800 grams. Very stable shoes. 
Entering_ripcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Entering_ripcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

I still play a pair of Butterfly 808's but I can't find them anymore.. They are SUPER light. I really don't like playing with heavier shoes but once my 808's fall apart, I will have to change.. People might think that I'm poor when they see my old BTY 808's but I don't use them because I can't afford new ones.. I play them because I can't find shoes that are similar to the weight of the 808's..

Why does it matter, you barely move?
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 9:55am
Anyone used merrel shoes??

Good support, ultra light weight. Size 46 euro or 11.5uk was lest than 200gram.
I used the bare access one.
The dust have less effect on the sole compare tt shoes.
Have only 4mm cushioning feels like you used barefoot.
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 10:05am
It seems like Pushblocker and I like the same kinds of shoes, and it is not the weight, it is the flexibility that matters, along with being low.  Normally of course the very flexible shoes are the light ones.  I often replace the insole with something with extra cushion (Lke a Dr. SCholls sport gel insole) and then I can have both flexibility and some support.  I have used bare running shoes and they were good for TT on a Gerflor but after a couple of months gave rise to some Achilles tendon issues for me that I am still dealing with, so be careful (or be young).
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 10:10am
Merrel were very flexible
2 to 6 mm cushion which is very low.
Me too changed the cushioning after some times.
Isnt it heavier will make a higher chance of injury?
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

It seems like Pushblocker and I like the same kinds of shoes, and it is not the weight, it is the flexibility that matters, along with being low.  Normally of course the very flexible shoes are the light ones.  I often replace the insole with something with extra cushion (Lke a Dr. SCholls sport gel insole) and then I can have both flexibility and some support.  I have used bare running shoes and they were good for TT on a Gerflor but after a couple of months gave rise to some Achilles tendon issues for me that I am still dealing with, so be careful (or be young).
I've never tried insoles as they raise riding height. I also have to be careful as I do have a tear in my right inner meniscus and I "might" need surgery.. I was in pain for almost a year but recently, the pain from my meniscus has stopped without any reason.. I know that it has a tear as I had the MRI done and the orthopedic surgeon recommended surgery a year ago but it's now a year later, and I've been pain free for about a month now.
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 1:42pm
Well with the butterflys you got, it is not necessary, which is a good thing.  Not sure the increase in riding height you get by changing out the insoles to something more supportive is very significant, but I don't have knee problems.  What is important is you found good shoes.  They are similar to the older version of the Asics Gel Hunter shoes that I like (but i don't like the newer Gel Hunters so much because the bottom is very flat).
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 2:33am
I have been using Merrill Trail Gloves for the past 2-3 years (14 oz. pair).
But I've mixed it up and used a pair of Innov 8 Bare-X 180's last season (12.8 oz. per pair) till my big toes wore through LOL).  They felt even lighter and more minimal than the Trail Gloves.  I love the barefoot feel.  It really strengthens your feet and upper/lower calves.  

Edited by king_pong - 05/09/2014 at 2:50am
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic