Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Recommendation for cpen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

I'd suggest the Wang Hao blade as well, if you are looking at the commercial version, be sure to get the all wood HH 656, the HH 3 that has one layer of carbon fiber layer is not recommended.

But if you have the budget, I'd even recommend go all the way for N656 or N656-1, these are the version DSH specially made for provincial team and national team.

Cool, man, thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately for my level, I don't deserve to play N656/656-1 yet. :)
Sponsored Links

bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 11:42am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Originally posted by bns7117 bns7117 wrote:

Does HH series have bigger head than most cpens? Wang hao's cpen looks huge. You right, it does depend on playing style. It would be nice if i can try it at least once before making a purchase. :(

I don´t think so. H-Hao head is even smaller than Avalox P700. 
H-Hao measures 163x150 while P700 has a 163x152 head. I find both pretty big. 
New Stiga cpens comes with ideal head size, imo: 159x149. Problem is they are too hard for me, Rosewood and Ebenholz.

Ok it must be that he left little gap betwn the bottom of rubber and origin of the handle, which gave me an impression of bigger head size.... Yeahs rw and ebz look too hard for my liking...
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 12:10pm
Of all the Hao blades I have, I like the H-WH (Hurricane Wang Hao) best. Especially if you play full time RPB. That is the one which export to Japan as Nittaku. The DHS version is the cheapest among all Hao blade.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Of all the Hao blades I have, I like the H-WH (Hurricane Wang Hao) best. Especially if you play full time RPB. That is the one which export to Japan as Nittaku. The DHS version is the cheapest among all Hao blade.

How does HH plays compare to HH2? I like the design of II better... So nittaku HH just has better quality, but the playing character is pretty much the same?
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 12:51pm
When you say HH, do you mean HH1 or H-WH? They are 2 different blades. HH1 is thin and a bit flex and less powerful. HH2 is thicker with more power but less feel and hard. H-WH is thicker than HH2 but with different wood ply structure. I found it has the best combination of control, feel and power. Have not own the Nittaku Wang Hao so can't comment. But no reason to believe it is noticeably better because they are both made in China.

Edited by TurboZ - 08/15/2014 at 12:52pm
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 2:31pm

When you say HH, do you mean HH1 or H-WH? They are 2 different blades. HH1 is thin and a bit flex and less powerful. HH2 is thicker with more power but less feel and hard. H-WH is thicker than HH2 but with different wood ply structure. I found it has the best combination of control, feel and power. Have not own the Nittaku Wang Hao so can't comment. But no reason to believe it is noticeably better because they are both made in China.

oh, I see. thanks for your input. I will do some research on that. Very good to know the difference between wang hao series.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 3:32pm
If you are a looper, HH Thumbs Up
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 3:45pm

I'd suggest the Wang Hao blade as well, if you are looking at the commercial version, be sure to get the all wood HH 656, the HH 3 that has one layer of carbon fiber layer is not recommended.

But if you have the budget, I'd even recommend go all the way for N656 or N656-1, these are the version DSH specially made for provincial team and national team.

Cool, man, thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately for my level, I don't deserve to play N656/656-1 yet. :)

You can at least get the Hurricane Hao 656. 
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 4:27am
Be very careful as HHao and HH656 are the 2 most copied (fake) DHS blades in China (along with HK and HK655). A check on taobao and you will see for yourself. The newer package HH1, 2 and 3 seems fine. Also many in Chinese forum don't believe in those special CNT blades. There are simply too many for sale online. There may be genuine one but really hard to come by. You have to know someone's whoever and trust the source with your own faith. DHS won't bother to authenticate those non-market products so you will never know for sure. Some sellers actually stated that they are selling clones.
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 4:49am
Just get something with hinoki top ply. Nittaku Septear is cheap and very good.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 7:50pm

Be very careful as HHao and HH656 are the 2 most copied (fake) DHS blades in China (along with HK and HK655). A check on taobao and you will see for yourself. The newer package HH1, 2 and 3 seems fine. Also many in Chinese forum don't believe in those special CNT blades. There are simply too many for sale online. There may be genuine one but really hard to come by. You have to know someone's whoever and trust the source with your own faith. DHS won't bother to authenticate those non-market products so you will never know for sure. Some sellers actually stated that they are selling clones.

Ohhhhh yeah good point, lots of Taobao sellers selling the non-market version which we can't know for sure...

Thanks for the reminder.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Just get something with hinoki top ply. Nittaku Septear is cheap and very good.

Thanks for the recommendation! It is a well-regarded blade for that price.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 11:01pm

You can at least get the Hurricane Hao 656. 

Thanks, h656 is actually hurricane Hao II right?
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2014 at 1:59am
Hurricane Hao (TOP)
Hurricane Hao 656 (CENTER)
Hurricane Hao II (656) (BOTTOM)

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2014 at 10:38am

<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Hurricane Hao (TOP)</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Hurricane Hao 656 (CENTER)</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Hurricane Hao II (656) (BOTTOM)</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb251, 251, 253;"><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb251, 251, 253;"><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb251, 251, 253;">

Wow! Thanks man! What's top ply and second ply on the HH II? Looks harder than the two blades above, am I right?
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 12:31am
HK 655 and HH 656 are the best ever 5-ply cpen blades for an offensive player, 655 being a little bit ligther and thinner. Lot of catapult power without being flexy.

Koto - Spruce - Ayous...

PS. The bottom blade has no visible spruce in its composition
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

HK 655 and HH 656 are the best ever 5-ply cpen blades for an offensive player, 655 being a little bit ligther and thinner. Lot of catapult power without being flexy.

Koto - Spruce - Ayous...

PS. The bottom blade has no visible spruce in its composition

Cool! thanks, they will be on my next testing scheme when i got more $.

Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 5:28am
Butterfly Timo Alc is good!

Edited by Thylacine - 08/20/2014 at 5:28am
Single Ply Hinoki club
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 10:08am
A thin blade is necessary for RPB. Interesting, I noticed the Hurricane Hao III is only 5.8mm thick. Is this like the 655 but with the fiberglass/carbon layer?
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 11:54am
I'm a big fan of all wood blade, and when I tried my friend's HH III, I immediately feel that it's not for me.

And yes, HH III is the one with a single fiber layer in the middle.

BTW, you don't need a thin blade to do RPB. From time to time, I do RPB with my KTS as well. 
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 4:24pm
A thinner blade is better because you have rubber on both sides, making the penhold grip behave differently from a regular one-sided penhold grip.

Speed-wise, anyone know how the Stiga Rosewood (5 ply) compare with the all-wood HH blades?
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 4:45pm
Interesting that no one recommend the blade choice of current CPEN king Xu Xin, Stiga Intensity NCT.  
Instead of wading into the unknown area of DHS special made, you can get an authentic Stiga for about the same price. 

Rosewood V is good for looping, generate lots of spin and decent speed but hitting and blocking are a bit weak.  

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

A thinner blade is better because you have rubber on both sides, making the penhold grip behave differently from a regular one-sided penhold grip.

Speed-wise, anyone know how the Stiga Rosewood (5 ply) compare with the all-wood HH blades?

I agree a thinner blade is better, but still 1-ply hinoki can do the same thing. In fact, if you do an in-table rpb swing, the spin is stronger for the 1-ply.

I have the Rosewood (7 ply), so my comparison might not be exactly what you're looking for. But the ball doesn't dwell in as much on the rosewood comparing to the koto from my N656. The speed is faster on rosewood, but you'll lose control over there.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 11:13pm

I'm a big fan of all wood blade, and when I tried my friend's HH III, I immediately feel that it's not for me.

And yes, HH III is the one with a single fiber layer in the middle.

BTW, you don't need a thin blade to do RPB. From time to time, I do RPB with my KTS as well. 

which HH do you like the best? Is H-WH better or HH1 in your opinion?
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 10:23am
All wood blades are good for penhold because of the soft touch. And to play the penhold short game, control is paramount. However, for speed and power, a faster blade is better. But the tradeoff is that the paddle will have more plies and be thicker and heavier, e.g. 5 ply vs. 7 ply. And the control will be worse. 

A carbon/fiber layer potentially could be thinner and lighter than the 7 ply, have similar speed, but the real question is whether the soft touch can be maintained.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 2:52am
Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

Interesting that no one recommend the blade choice of current CPEN king Xu Xin, Stiga Intensity NCT.  
Instead of wading into the unknown area of DHS special made, you can get an authentic Stiga for about the same price. 

Rosewood V is good for looping, generate lots of spin and decent speed but hitting and blocking are a bit weak.  

I wonder if the Intensity is modelled after YEO as XX used it in the transitional period between Rosewood and Intensity with great success. They are so similar but Intensity is lighter. I had recommend the Intensity Carbon on discount before.

I have two YEO. One Euro and one JTTAA. The JTTAA is thicker with better feel and power. Of all the all wood Cpen I still like Rosewood V best. It is fast with ball feel. Only drawback is the weight. HH2 is also fast but lack in feeling. Start to love the Intensity Carbon more with modern rubbers.  

sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 7:51am

Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

I wonder if the Intensity is modelled after YEO as XX used it in the transitional period between Rosewood and Intensity with great success. They are so similar but Intensity is lighter. I had recommend the Intensity Carbon on discount before.

I wonder if the Intensity is slower than the Rosewood V. It's lighter.

Sandiway
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 9:58am

Sandiway

It is noticeably slower.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

It is noticeably slower.

Thanks. That confirms what I've heard too.

It'd be nice to have something a bit more powerful than Rosewood V to go to without compromising the touch or control.

Sandiway
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 12:42am
I still ended up getting arirang in the end, my game stepped up one level up. Didn't expect too much from it, and it surprised me a lot in terms of looping, power and control. My RPB strikes were much better compared to YEO since the hinoki layer allows more dwell time to flip the ball better on table, and maybe also because of the larger sweet spot it offers. Not much vibration, got gears, and high gear smashes were better than I thought since I heard it was more of a looping blade. Some say Peter Pan is faster than this blade, but I personally think its much faster than Peter Pan, yet control is still great. Looping was so much better than YEO for sure. It's a really nice blade with big sweet spot, which is much needed for pen hold "backhand" blocks. Highly recommend it to loopers, and its still great for third ball attacks I think. Nicely done, Nexy.

Edited by bns7117 - 08/27/2014 at 12:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic