Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Conic Handle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
filipo123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filipo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Conic Handle
    Posted: 08/25/2014 at 11:30am
Stiga told me via Facebook, that they stopped producing the Champ (conic) handle. I find this very disappointing, as the Champ handle fits me best.
Sponsored Links

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 11:50am
Joola stopped it too. Tibhar doesn't do Samsonov force pro Conic anymore, even if Samsonov uses it...!
Neottec does some very good conic handles now and the blades are quite good too....Especially considering the very decent price. 
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 8:30pm
possibly because the conic handles do not sell that much
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 11:33pm
Conic handle is the compromise between flared and straight.   And I find it the best combination of those two.  Too bad, they decided not to produce it anymore.
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 12:44am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

possibly because the conic handles do not sell that much

That is indeed what manufacturers say.

Now, if one courageous (or out of his mind...) retailer was ready to order 1 or 2 hundreds conic handled blades he could get them made. But, yes, unfortunately, the demand for such handle is very low. Kids are raised for the last 20 years with FL handled and got used to it.
Tibhar could seize the opportunity of Samsonov's choice to communicate about conic handles and promote them, but obviously, they are not interrested.
I will try to convince them in the future, but I am not very optimistic.
In the mean time, go for Neottec conic handles. Blades are really good and the shape of their conic handle is great. Fat round/ovoïd alla Erik Lindh.

Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 12:51am
for stiga, i think their blades are made to order including the handle types. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 1:37am
I think that Stiga made a mistake when they started to reproduce conical handle which was based on Eric Lindh handle which is much slimmer than Kjell Johansson. Or does my memory serve me wrong?

Cheers,
Tommi
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 9:20am
the stiga "champ" conical handle was flatter than both Johansson and Lindh handles. But, yes, it had the same width than Lindh. Johansson was more "roundish" than Ovoïd.
I think the reason why it wasn't succesful is because the neck of the blade was insanely wide. It was a complete nonsense. People like to play with conical handle because they like to place their hand very high on the handle. With this big neck, it wasn't possible unless you shave it for good. I tried to bring their attention on this problem but I think they just don't care.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 10:05am
Try Soulspin and get whatever handle you want.  In almost infinite variety.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 8:53pm

For years now conic grips where the least popular grip so many manufacturers stopped making them. I believe Paddlepalace sells Stiga blades with a conic option.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 12:11pm
Just bought a Stiga Intensity NCT Carbon in Conic handle. It is square similar to a Butterfly ST rather than Stiga ST round. Very nice indeed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic