Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yogi's Stiga Airoc S Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
rocketscientist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

The Airoc S is a reallly weird rubber. It doesn't behave like a soft rubber at all and it has the feel of a classic japanese rubber. Compared to Calibra LT Spin it lacks speed and feeling. The rubber just doesn't grip the ball properly.

I don't understand because acording to your Review, my findings are really strange. What do you think Yogi?

ha ha, "lacks speed and feeling compared to LT spin", you are really clueless!

I guess you can't handle the airoc. Easy one of the best Soft rubber out there.
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 8:13pm
skyline, i think it depends on your stroke and maybe because you came from a rubber that is spinny but i assure the spin of the airoc S is above average to high
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:36am
Did anyone try Airoc on a Clipper or P700? Which one will go better with these blades: Airoc M or H?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:40am
no airoc H, only medium and soft versions. both M and S versions are ok
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 5:19am
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

Did anyone try Airoc on a Clipper or P700? Which one will go better with these blades: Airoc M or H?

I have tried them on a clipper! It was a really good combination! 
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 5:28am
Originally posted by rocketscientist rocketscientist wrote:

Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

The Airoc S is a reallly weird rubber. It doesn't behave like a soft rubber at all and it has the feel of a classic japanese rubber. Compared to Calibra LT Spin it lacks speed and feeling. The rubber just doesn't grip the ball properly.

I don't understand because acording to your Review, my findings are really strange. What do you think Yogi?

ha ha, "lacks speed and feeling compared to LT spin", you are really clueless!

I guess you can't handle the airoc. Easy one of the best Soft rubber out there.

I haven't either felt that the Airoc in any way is weird? Really a great soft rubber in my opinion, what did you use for blade?
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 2:38pm
Maybe he meant that the Airoc is unique rather than weird.
So it was with Tenergy when it first came out. It was subtly different from the standard Bryce/Sriver which some described as weird.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Maybe he meant that the Airoc is unique rather than weird.
So it was with Tenergy when it first came out. It was subtly different from the standard Bryce/Sriver which some described as weird.

Yeah that can be the case. Airoc is surely an unique rubber, but when you give it an honest try and getting used to it, I think it's currently on of the best rubbers out there.
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2015 at 2:40pm
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd add to this one. I've just put airoc s on both sides in 1.9. It's very easy to play with. Very spinny, excellent for pushing, the lowish throw makes it easy to really jam low spinny pushes into the corner. I find it easy to open against backspin and even from mid distance there is still enough power to counter effectively. I am using an off- all wood blade. I've read that it shouldn't have so much spin, but imho it is as spinny or more so then rhyzm and fastarc c-1, both of which I've used a lot. It does have a lower throw than I've been used to recently but it was easily adjusted to. I think airoc is pretty underrated. (This is with the polyball)
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2015 at 4:40am
I haven't tried Airoc , but Calibra Sound is still the most popular Stiga rubber!
Is Calibra Sound the best Stiga?  I don't know.

Edited by Stavros - 11/09/2015 at 5:51am
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Inkognito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inkognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2015 at 7:03pm
In Sweden the firmer rubbers like usual Calibra LT, Airoc M & S and the Astro M & S are the most popular. Softer Calibras kinda went down in popularity after the polyball became standard. Why not give them a try and PM me like Tyler45 and many others haveWink

P.S Airoc and Airoc Astro are made for the POLYBALL. I have tried them with old ball = a real nightmareSick

Edited by Inkognito - 11/10/2015 at 7:24pm
3 BTY Jun Mizutani ST SZLC

FH/BH Butterfly Dignics 64 max

Buy some Butterfly or Stiga equipment?!?! PM me!!! EJ since 1993
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Inkognito Inkognito wrote:

In Sweden the firmer rubbers like usual Calibra LT, Airoc M & S and the Astro M & S are the most popular. Softer Calibras kinda went down in popularity after the polyball became standard. Why not give them a try and PM me like Tyler45 and many others haveWink

P.S Airoc and Airoc Astro are made for the POLYBALL. I have tried them with old ball = a real nightmareSick

Is 2.1 Airoc (and Astro) controllable on b/h or 1.9 should be better ?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 6:02am
Playing with 1.9 on bh I have very good control but notice when playing against better players how they just block my loops back easily. Next time I'm going to order 2.1 for both sides. I think it's quite a user friendly rubber.
Inkognito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inkognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 9:14am
Astro rubbers are just meeting the demand of a faster Airoc.

S = higher arc with more controll, sound and less speed
M = more speed but not so bouncy in the short play like S and a lower throw.
3 BTY Jun Mizutani ST SZLC

FH/BH Butterfly Dignics 64 max

Buy some Butterfly or Stiga equipment?!?! PM me!!! EJ since 1993
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic