Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Feint AG???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ChaserHUN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaserHUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 11:46am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCTUJuVnnxc

In this match it seems to me they are both using inverted on both sides, am I seeing it right?
Sponsored Links

a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 12:45am
Fukuhara uses the mid pip. Fukuoka uses long pip ox.

PS: Listen carefully from the racket's sounds. You'll hear it sounds like hitting the woods instead, that is the long pip ox.

Edited by a23096713 - 09/19/2014 at 12:46am
Chop, Chop, and Counter Loop!

BTY Cutlass + Tackiness D + Feint OX
TSP Astron Yellow + Yasaka Original + Nittaku pimplemini One
TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
ChaserHUN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaserHUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 1:22am
Yeah maybe you are right, if I take a closer look, even in 1080p it is hard to see 
ChaserHUN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaserHUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 2:32pm
The city where I live we have to teams here, one better and one more amatur(mostly kids), I'm with the kids, hence I'm 24. My pips gave some trouble sometime to better players when I was hitting with it, also I managed to "topspin" few servers with the feint 2 and sometimes it was confusing them. Maybe I'll give the Feint AG a try to get more speed and a bit more grip go get the ball over the net.
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 3:01pm
Good luck with the upgrade.  Hope it helps you achieve some of your goals.

By the way which thickness did you choose?

Edited by 1dennistt - 09/19/2014 at 3:02pm
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
ChaserHUN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaserHUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 3:35pm
Well I'm thinking of the 1,3 version, to have more control, with the pips the whole sheet will be 2,5mm thick
ChaserHUN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaserHUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 5:09pm
Ordered a sheet in 1,3mm, arrives next week, will have an update how it plays after the feint long 2 ox
ChaserHUN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaserHUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 3:02pm
So I've tried out the Feint AG 1,3mm in black, on a Grubba Carbon ALL+, and Sriver FX 2,1mm on the forehand.

Looping was pretty easy compared to the Feint 2 OX, still had to hit harder and pull it a bit more than with the inverted rubber. Chopping I is also easier than with the feint 2 ox. The disturbing effects on the other hand are much lower compared to the feint 2, doesn't have too much spin reversal, more of a dead ball goes back to the opponent, but they said the still had to pull tha ball harder when looping compared to and inverted. Dropping back topspins seemed fairly easy with it, it's still not too sensitive to spin, but more than the feint 2, so a slightly closed bat angle has to be used. I'm glad I've got the 1,3mm and not the 1,7mm. It's pretty fast, the control is pretty good, not as easy as with the feint 2 but probably it's because it's a bit more reactive to spin. Still my technique sucks, but when I managed to hit with it the ball had some kind of strange sinking path, not like when you hit with an inverted. Serve returns can be done similar to the feint 2 ox, but some adjustments need to be done since it reacts more to spin. I still need to learn to play with it, but I think it's going to be better for me than the feint long 2 ox. But this review is based on 3 hours of play, so it's not close enough to get used to a rubber.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic