Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolterixus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubbers
    Posted: 09/17/2014 at 1:08pm
Right now I am using

FH= Butterlfy Bryce Speed FX
BH=Butterfly Sriver L

I have those rubbers for a bit over a year I play twice a week. And I will probably want to change my rubbers maybe like in 6 months so in 2015.

I was think for FH something a bit slower but with more spin as I have played with many players who play for power and I would like to play more for spin. I have no idea what rubber I could have a look at.

And also when should I change my rubbers in your opinions.
Blade: Primorac OFF-
FH: Bryce Speed FX
BH: Sriver
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 1:31pm
You can try T05 FX if you like a softer sponge on FH, im not sure how it would fair on a flexy blade like primorac. Maybe T05 in 1.9mm will suit better.

I know Bryce has a pretty low throw angle, if you don't like the high throw you might want to look into T25 or T80 (as those have abit lower throw than T05) on FH in 1.9mm or FX versions of those for softer feel. Should give you plenty of spin.

In terms of durability. I would give these rubbers at least a year before changing if you only play twice a week. Both of them are really durable. Tenergy has delicate topsheet but the playing characteristics hold for a while. I would probably guess a year as well depending on play time.

Do you want to upgrade your BH as well?

Edited by DreiZ - 09/17/2014 at 1:34pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 1:47pm
Butterfly Tenergy 05FX in 1,9mm or 1,7mm sponge would be a great choise.You have more control with the soft sponge plus more control with a thinner sponge and ofcourse huge amount of spin!

Edited by *_strataras_* - 09/17/2014 at 1:47pm
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 1:48pm
Yes I would like to upgrade my BH as well. I dont think that the Tenergy rubbers might be a bit to fast. Are the slower or faster than bryce speed fx

What is the throw angle?

I was thinking having something slower but more spin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 1:51pm
I might be changing the blade as well so I am worring more about the rubbers for now
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Bolterixus Bolterixus wrote:

Yes I would like to upgrade my BH as well. I dont think that the Tenergy rubbers might be a bit to fast. Are the slower or faster than bryce speed fx

What is the throw angle?

I was thinking having something slower but more spin

On tabletennisdb.com they are considered a notch slower but much spinnier than Bryce rubbers.

Throw angle for all tenergy rubbers is higher than all Bryce rubbers.

FX sponge has more control supposedly + thinner sponge might help too.

I wouldn't upgrade the blade since Primorac OFF- is one of the best blades out there for all wood. If you like it very much, no reason to change something that you already know how it plays.

Primorac OFF- + T05 FX 1.9mm both sides might be good for you.

do you have a rating of some sort?

Edited by DreiZ - 09/17/2014 at 2:15pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 2:16pm
What do you mean about rating

sry for all the questions

Is XIOM a good make for rubbers

Do they have any spinny ones but a bit slower than bryce speed fx

Edited by Bolterixus - 09/17/2014 at 3:35pm
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Bolterixus Bolterixus wrote:

What do you mean about rating

sry for all the questions

Is XIOM a good make for rubbers

Do they have any spinny ones but a bit slower than bryce speed fx

hi... welcome to the forum... !! :)

xiom is a one of the established tt companies... and hence they have all sorts of rubbers.

if you go to toyota and ask "do you have any fast car?" you will get the same answer as you will get from GM or hyundai or audi or bmw ...   

they all have all types of cars. so xiom, andro, joola, butterfly, donic, yasaka, palio, nittaku, stiga ... mostly have all types of rubbers.

by rating people mean usatt rating or any other global rating system's rating.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:16pm
the vega europe would be your best bet for xiom rubbers as they are very spinny with very good controll cant go wrong with these.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 5:06pm
Ask to play with different players rackets at your club before spending big bucks on rubber/blades. Something may surprise you and fit well for your game.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Ask to play with different players rackets at your club before spending big bucks on rubber/blades. Something may surprise you and fit well for your game.

Good advice! I always do that when i feel the need to upgrade.
It´s not easy to find a good racket at first try, and the combination between blade and rubber is very important. 

Edited by Fehrplay - 09/17/2014 at 5:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 12:44pm
Thx guys for the help

What are your opinions of the T05 FX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic