Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Place for TT in Singapore,Malaysia,Thai

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tohocut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tohocut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Place for TT in Singapore,Malaysia,Thai
    Posted: 06/09/2006 at 8:08pm
I am a older person enjoying TableTennis in Japan.
I often go to south-east Asia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thai on business. Is there somebody who can tell the place for playing TT in above three countries?
Sponsored Links

CyrusTagle5215 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyrusTagle5215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2006 at 2:30am
its better to know where to play table tennis especially in singapore. I am planning to go there as well! Please help us ... thanks in advance!
Stiga Offensive CR - Flared Handle
FH - Bryce FX 2.1 Black
BH - Sriver EL 2.1 Red
Stiga Carbo Glue
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 8:57am
You can ask the Mafia,fadli,azrin and Idchong. There are know the place to play in Malaysia.
tohocut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tohocut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 9:23am
Thank you for your advice to me, Adib!
mafia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 11:08am

For Malaysia, may I know which part of Malaysia are you visiting ?

Maze ST
FH/BH : Palio Era 42.5 Max
fadli View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 11:26am
I think most of the member which are from Malaysia in this forum are from Kuala Lumpur and there a few from other state in Malaysia.
Blade : Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D & Stiga Optimum SYNC
FH : Hurricane 3 / Skyline 3
BH : Sriver EL
mafia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 9:12pm

Sure.

The reason I asked is because tohocut may be visiting other state like JB or Penang but not KL....

Maze ST
FH/BH : Palio Era 42.5 Max
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 12:02am
tohocut, which hotel in Kuala Lumpur (KL) do you usually stay on your business trip? there are some friendly older crowd who plays at Kelab Sukan DBKL, Brickfield, Kuala Lumpur every tuesday and friday from 5.00pm-8.00pm. i would usually join them once in a blue moon just to get used to an 'old man rubber'. Mansor and Lee is usually around on those days, nice fella to stroke with. if you are staying in cititel hotel in midvalley megamall, that would take 5 minutes to reach. on the other hand, my guess japanese like yourself would like to stay in nikko hotel, it would be like 45 minutes to reach kelab sukan DBKL due to traffic jams. maybe some one can help you if they know where your staying. most KLians plays tt in the late evening. after work anyone have to travel through the traffic jams in kuala lumpur to tt joints and it is quite bad in the evening....   
xaerohc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xaerohc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 12:33am

TT in Thailand is not as popular as in Japan so it's not quite easy to find a good place to play. However, I'd recommend few famous places in Bangkok...

Bangkok International Airport area
- Thai Royal Police Sports Club
- Thai-Japan Technology Promotion  Association, Din Daeng
- Thanintorn Table Tennis, Thanintorn village (in the back of BKK airport)

Downtown Area
- Chulalongkorn University
- Specs Table Tennis, opposite to The Mall Bang Ka Pi, http://www.specs.co.th (highly recommend)

Other areas
- Bang Mod Sports Complex, Bang Mod
- Talingchan

Let me know when you're in Bangkok. [email protected]

tohocut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tohocut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 10:03am
Thank you for everyone! I am very happy there are many poeple who like playing TT like me. The citys I sometime go to in those area are KL in Malaysia, Bankok in Thai and Singapore. I always stay concord hotel when I go to KL. I will inform you in this site when I go to there next. Thank you again everyone!

My play style; Chopper (Defensive style)
Blade; KVU (Nittaku)
Fore; Hurricane 3 (Made in China)
Back; Spin Pipps (TSP)
fadli View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 10:18am
Yes, You r welcome, that is what table tennis is all about, playing with diffrent type of player/age make you understand more about TT.
Blade : Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D & Stiga Optimum SYNC
FH : Hurricane 3 / Skyline 3
BH : Sriver EL
idchong3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idchong3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 11:30am

Sure tohocut.. we can try to arrange for you to have a game with all the better players in JINJANG ... they are middle age but the players there are of state players standard in KL...

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Forehand- Stiga Almana
Backhand- Palio CJ 8000
tohocut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tohocut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2006 at 12:01am
Hello! players in Malaysia.
I may go to KL in this August or September for few weeks on business. I will try to get to the place you told me during my staying.

In last week end, I was in Singapore and went to STTA (Singapore Table Tennis Association) on Saturday to find something for playing with people who enjoy TT like me. But the players I watched at the place are may members of National team. Of course, they are realy high level players. There is not anyone else who I can ask my reqest.
And I am going go to Thailand in next week but unfotunately I do not have time to try to find the place in this time.

ongkianwhee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ongkianwhee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2006 at 8:58pm
I am from Singapore. I play table tennis every friday 7:00PM-9:30Pm in woodlands CC. address is: woodlands street 81, blk 804, woodlands ave 2. quite near to the woodlands MRT
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2006 at 11:12pm
OK you may PM me in advance if you are coming to Singapore.
yuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2006 at 11:56am
this is our own singapore tt forum.
hope it helps.

http://tabletennis.sgboards.com/tabletennis.html
Viscaria Tiffany
T-05
T-64
tohocut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tohocut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 3:30am
Hello! players in KL, Malaysia.
I have been back last night from KL to Japan.
In last weekend, on 19th and 20th, I tried to find the some place in KL by train and hading KL map.
I found the TT shop in Pertama shopping center but it was closed and found the DBKL club in Brichfield but some poeple playing Butminton. I could not find UE3 shopping center in Cheras.
I noted it is very difficult to move to this kind of place by car after work due to hevy trafic jam.
Cloud you someone tell me the place can be avairable in weekend and daytime for playing TT?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic