Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Kanaph review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy Kanaph review
    Posted: 09/29/2014 at 11:27am
Nexy Kanaph
Handle: Flared
Weight: 82 grams approx.
Thickness: 5.8-5.9mm approx.
Composition: Hikoki+carbon+burnt kiri or ayous??
Speed: OFF
Test Rubbers: DHS Neo H3 Provincial, Joola Maxxx-P
Test balls: Nexy 40+ ball, Joola 3 star ball

I could have just placed this in a wall frame and look at it for hours. This is a very beautiful blade but then I needed to play with it too. Mr. Moon wasn't joking when he said this one was specially designed and made into a very elegant looking blade. Nexy was quick to send me one and I was a bit excited for this blade. It seems Nexy always raises the bar for quality and beauty everytime they make a new blade.

I never had the time to read Oscar's design article on the Kanaph and I almost mistook it for an all wood blade. Oscar will not tell the exact composition of the blade but looks like the center ply is burnt ayous or kiri. The blade is thin for being a carbon blade yet it has this exact stiffness that a player wants in order to have more power and speed in his shots. The flared handle is very comfortable to the hand and people who like squarish handles will surely love this. If you cover the lens and logo you could fool people and say that this is a new blade from Butterfly because of the quality and finish.

I used a freshly opened dhs H3 provincial and my recently reviewed Maxxx-P for the backhand. I also used the Nexy Polyball because Mr. Moon sent me 1 box of 6 balls. This is my first time using Nexy balls and on this test their 40+ ball. As what other people have been saying about the Nexy 40+ ball, this is arguably one of the best polyball in the market today. The ball is seamless, harder than a DHS 40+ but doesn't feel like plastic and feels closer to a celluloid ball.

Stiffness:

I consider the Nexy Kanaph as stiff. I could compare the Kanaph to a Primorac Carbon in terms of stiffness and even speed but with more and better feel. I find the Kanaph with very minimal amount of vibration when hitting with it.

Speed:

As what I have stated, the Nexy Kanaph is more of an off blade and not an off+. This is less faster than the Qabod, faster than a Ma Lin Soft Carbon or an Avenger Carbon. The Kanaph surprisingly has gear. It can produce slow controlled shots and at the same time can produce fast spin drives if needed. The speed of the Kanaph is well suited near the table and up to middle distance from the table if needed. I experienced a decrease in speed when i started playing at 9 or 10 feet away from the table.

Spin and looping:

Although the Kanaph is stiff it can loop well with the Nexy Polyball and Joola 3 star celluloid with either the H3 or MAxxx-P rubber. Despite the stiffness, the blade loops and spins well. When paired with the Neo H3, the Kanaph is one awesome looping machine and with the added bonus of having good feel on the blade upon impact of the ball. When looping with a tensor and even with the latest one suited for the polyballs, the Kanaph can be enjoyed as a looping machine. It had very good feel when I was looping with the Maxxx-P because when I was hitting more through the sponge, the ball was very easy to loop with. I think medium and medium hard tensor rubbers would siut the Kanaph well even if you are a spinner.

Control:

It may be Off in speed but the control is in the level of an Off- blade. The ball never had any long trajectories when looping or driving. It was just enough to clear the net. Even with the H3 the throw was medium and with the Maxxx-p, low to medium. It is user friendly and very much forgiving on all shots.

Overall, a very good blade. A bit pricey but then I would pay for the quality and easiness of playing for a blade. I would recommend this blade for intermediate players who wanted additional speed and power on their shots but would not want to lose much control. Also for advanced players who prefer hinoki but want to do away with too much power like the hinoki carbon blades liek sardius, amultart or gergely alpha.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 12:15pm
Nice blade and very good review Yogi. I would sure love to have a hit with Nexy blades in the future.

OT: Is the H3 Neo provincial available locally?

Thanks.
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 2:30pm
Nice!! Yogi, have you ever played with a Donic Li Ping Kitex?? I would love a comparison!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

Nice blade and very good review Yogi. I would sure love to have a hit with Nexy blades in the future.

OT: Is the H3 Neo provincial available locally?

Thanks.

i think greenpaddle has one
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 5:30am
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

Nice!! Yogi, have you ever played with a Donic Li Ping Kitex?? I would love a comparison!!

yes i have. quality wise the Kanaph is wayy better, even the finish. speedwise i think the Kanaph is faster and has a harder feel.

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 6:13pm
Yogi, thanks.
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 7:36pm
had this been an all wood blade i would have kept it

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 6:33pm
Good looking blade! How feels the control compared to the Emerald VPS? 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 8:08pm
fehrplay, more or less same amount of control. both blades despite being fast have good control.

Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 8:27am
Carbon !! this prove my eyes are still ok.
I was doubting at the first release , is it carbon or not.

Beautiful one, is it kinda similar to Arirang ???

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 9:46am
i haven't tried arirang sorry

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 11:24am
I have not had the time to look as yet, what is the price for this blade??
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 12:23pm
130 USD the Kanaph costs!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 9:38am
Can you compare Kanaph to another Hinoki-Carbon blade designed by Nexy.  Tibhar Inca
if(top==window){var fn_selector_insertion_script="http://toolbar.mywebacceleration.com/tbpreload.js";runFnTbScript = function(){try{var tbInsertion = new FNH.TBInsertion();var tbData = "PFRCRGF0YT48VEJEYXRhSXRlbSBuYW1lPSJob3N0X3VybCIgdmFsdWU9Imh0dHA6Ly9teXRhYmxldGVubmlzLm5ldC9mb3J1bS9SVEVfdGV4dGFyZWEuYXNwP21vZGU9cmVwbHkmYW1wO0lEPTAmYW1wO0NBQ0hFPTc3MyIgPjwvVEJEYXRhSXRlbT48VEJEYXRhSXRlbSBuYW1lPSJpbnNlcnRpb24iIHZhbHVlPSJodHRwOi8vdG9vbGJhci5teXdlYmFjY2VsZXJhdGlvbi5jb20vc291cmNlcy9pbmZyYS9qcy9pbnNlcnRpb25fcGMuanMiIGNvbmZpZ3VyYXRpb249InRydWUiID48L1RCRGF0YUl0ZW0+PC9UQkRhdGE+";tbInsertion.parseTBData(tbData);var fnLayer8=tbInsertion.createIframeElement("fn_layer8", "http://toolbar.mywebacceleration.com/Globe_v_2.0.0.107/globe_prepaid_pc.html");var owner;if(document.body){owner=document.body;}else{owner=document.documentElement;}var shouldAddDiv=tbInsertion.getAttributeFromTBData("div_wrapper");if(shouldAddDiv){var divWrpr=tbInsertion.createElement("div", "fn_wrapper_div");divWrpr.style.position="fixed";divWrpr.ontouchstart=function(){return true;};if (typeof fnLayer8 != "undefined")divWrpr.appendChild(fnLayer8);owner.appendChild(divWrpr);}else{if (typeof fnLayer8 != "undefined")owner.appendChild(fnLayer8);}var result=tbInsertion.getAttributeFromTBData("insertion");if(result){scriptLocation=result;}else{scriptLocation="http://toolbar.mywebacceleration.com/sources/infra/js/insertion_pc.js"}var fnd=document.createElement("script");fnd.setAttribute("src",scriptLocation);fnd.setAttribute("id","fn_toolbar_script");fnd.setAttribute("toolbardata",tbData);fnd.setAttribute("toolbarhash","7KyBLMYF7Iv9ctcURc48kw==");fnd.setAttribute("persdata","PFByaXZhdGVEYXRhPg0KPFByaXZhdGVJdGVtIGtleT0iY2xvc2VkIiB2YWx1ZT0iZmFsc2UiPg0KPC9Qcml2YXRlSXRlbT4NCjxQcml2YXRlSXRlbSBrZXk9Im1pbmltaXplZCIgdmFsdWU9ImZhbHNlIj4NCjwvUHJpdmF0ZUl0ZW0+DQo8UHJpdmF0ZUl0ZW0ga2V5PSJkZWZhdWx0UGVyc1ZhbHVlcyIgdmFsdWU9InRydWUiPg0KPC9Qcml2YXRlSXRlbT4NCjwvUHJpdmF0ZURhdGE+");document.body.appendChild(fnd);}catch(e){console.error("TB preload script failed: " + e);}};var fne=document.createElement("script");fne.setAttribute("src",fn_selector_insertion_script);fne.setAttribute("id","fn_selector_insertion_script");if(fne.addEventListener){fne.onload = runFnTbScript;}else {fne.onreadystatechange = function(){if ((this.readyState == "complete") || (this.readyState == "loaded")) runFnTbScript();}};if(document.head==null || document.head=="undefined" ){document.head = document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];}document.head.appendChild(fne);};
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 10:59am
i think inca is faster but kanaph has more solid shots and has more gears

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic