FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Wanted: Korean translation on video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted: Korean translation on video
    Posted: 10/31/2014 at 10:50am
Could one of our Korean member-friends please add captions to this good-lookin' video? We'd be forever grateful Smile
The video explains how to properly execute a FH loop-drive against underspin by utilizing legs, waist & shoulders (with emphasis on shoulders).

Another site has a brief synopsis of his talk but I was looking more for real-time captions.

Edited by slevin - 10/31/2014 at 10:51am
Sponsored Links

racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 11:52am
Didn't get a chance to see the whole video. Does the instructor point out that the student often hits the ball late?
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 2:00pm
Or perhaps in the interest of time, summarize the important points. It's a long video, odds are there's a lot of redundancy.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Could one of our Korean member-friends please add captions to this good-lookin' video? We'd be forever grateful Smile
The video explains how to properly execute a FH loop-drive against underspin by utilizing legs, waist & shoulders (with emphasis on shoulders).

Another site has a brief synopsis of his talk but I was looking more for real-time captions.

Slevin, this is a vid I just saw Nexy TAK9.com put up on youtube.

Maybe Nexy or Nexy.com give some more insight, but it would take a very long time to make a minute by minute translation or even longer for English subtitles, It took me long enough to watch the whole vid, stop it every minute to take notes and make the summary I did at TT Daily, I would not relish trying to make a more detailed minute by minute translation, it takes too much time, even with all night and a rack of German beer I would not want to do that.

We might need prior permission from author to make such a translation, but I would believe Nexy TAK9.com would be very eager to have someone do this for them.

As it is already, every weekend I have to translate a 4 page small font sermon from preacher speak into understandable English, sorry but you have to know what you are asking

Edited by BH-Man - 10/31/2014 at 6:04pm
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

Didn't get a chance to see the whole video. Does the instructor point out that the student often hits the ball late?

KJH was trying to get the player to wait some more actually, so the ball could come into his effective strike zone better. That player was often hitting too far in front of his effective strike zone. When the player waited for the ball to come back another 1/2 foot or so, he was landing them more often with good power and depth.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 6:08pm
Once the player started to hit within his strikezone, KJH was saying that player's 70-80% power on his shot vs underspin was very close to KJH's own actual 70-80% power.
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

KJH was trying to get the player to wait some more actually, so the ball could come into his effective strike zone better. That player was often hitting too far in front of his effective strike zone. When the player waited for the ball to come back another 1/2 foot or so, he was landing them more often with good power and depth.

Is KJH telling the student to wait for the ball to drop some more (late timing), or telling the student to square his shoulders to the net more at contact, so that the contact point is closer to the plane of his upper torso?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2014 at 6:09pm
KJH was telling the player repeatedly to "Wait a little more" and "You are hitting too far in front"

KJH made a small demonstration of sticking his palm WAY out in front of him and trying to punch it. The punch at a target so far away from the effective impact zone resulted in a punch with little power. When KJH moved his palm much closer to the body, he showed he could hit it with power and control. That was the point he was making about impacting the ball at the proper or effective zone from the body, NOT too far away. KJH told him over and over he was hitting the ball too far in front.

One think JKH did not say in this vid, but is true about allowing the ball to come into zone some more is you can hit the ball to your opponent's BH with power and control from the same position you use to hit down his FH line (a much more natural angle). One could open the wrist for a fade, but there isn't as much power or control with that (unless you are really good and well timed) 

I believe that it is much easier to hit with power and control crosscourt (from your BH corner) if you let the ball come into the strike zone a little more deeper. This drill was setup for the player to step around and hit a fast loopdrive vs a long or half long underspin ball going cross-court to opponent's BH. All the balls he hit stayed well to the BH of the centerline.

The vid just showed KJH in action showing a player some things and giving a drill with much personal demonstration, I don't believe it was an all-encompassing teaching guide for the shot. KJH left out a lot of the basics (that this player gets right enough) and only made mention of what he was doing wrong or what he was doing right (after failing at an aspect)
PingPongTom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 8:12am
BH-Man! Could you please summarize the important points, specially from 7:00 - 9:00. There are a lot of questions and answers in this part.

BTY Amultart

FH Tenergy 05 Black Max

BH Tenergy 64 1.9mm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 10:58am
Audio is difficult, gotta turn it up, but then that is too loud for my house life :) I relay what the captions say.

- Hit in middle of the rubber, you will feel it

- Don't forget, this is a basic component

- What is a Drive (Loop, Koreans call a loop a Drive)

- Think 10,000 RPM

- How is it if you use less spin?

- What loop is it?

- If I impact the ball like this I can use full power, but the spin bites less and it is weak

- The return can be funky so it can be hard to continue attack

- Use finger out to side in front (in the front part of impact zone) to use as a guide is a good point

- Try catching the ball there

- Don't pull the swing, but go straight
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 11:20am
BH-Man: 감사합니다
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 2:30pm
you can see a nice guy summarized the video here http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9011-Kim-Jung-Hoon-teaches-FH-fast-loop-vs-underspin
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by balldance balldance wrote:

you can see a nice guy summarized the video here http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9011-Kim-Jung-Hoon-teaches-FH-fast-loop-vs-underspin
Yeah, that is that Der_Echte chap. He seems to be everywhere on TT forums, sometimes you cannot believe everything he says, some days, he is full of "it". Tongue

Thanks slevin  :)

Edited by BH-Man - 11/03/2014 at 3:12pm
PingPongTom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 11:27pm
Many thanks! BH-Man Clap
BTY Amultart

FH Tenergy 05 Black Max

BH Tenergy 64 1.9mm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic