Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playing like a bear - Brett Clarke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 6:37pm
Brett,
No offense in my 1st comment. It was pure satirical if you noticed the follow up (2nd) comment I made.

This video however is very informative and probably the best RPB serve tutorial out there on youtube. Thanks for the tutorial!

Edited by DreiZ - 11/20/2014 at 6:40pm
Sponsored Links

TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Acid, you obviously have no idea who this guy is.  He played at the 2000 Olympics on Australian team, has played in main draw of Commonwealth games, and there is bunch of other stuff. 

Here is your wish granted --  from 200 5 semifinals of Australian Open.

Good FH from mr Clarke there but his BH is freakin awesome
my TT blog!

Join & follow my TT blog ! Mental and Physi
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 7:11pm
I just noticed that Brett Clarke is a leftie in the match. In his serves tutorials he can serve superb  with his right ...omg
my TT blog!

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by TTFrenzy TTFrenzy wrote:

I just noticed that Brett Clarke is a leftie in the match. In his serves tutorials he can serve superb  with his right ...omg

He flips the image for the videos because more players are right-handed.   I was amazed myself so he gave me the secret sauce.

Edited by NextLevel - 11/20/2014 at 7:25pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by TTFrenzy TTFrenzy wrote:

He flips the image for the videos because more players are right-handed.   I was amazed myself so he gave me the secret sauce.

I thought that also but then i kinda liked the belief of him being an amfidextrous

Edited by TTFrenzy - 11/20/2014 at 7:30pm
my TT blog!

Brett Clarke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Brett,
No offense in my 1st comment. It was pure satirical if you noticed the follow up (2nd) comment I made.

This video however is very informative and probably the best RPB serve tutorial out there on youtube. Thanks for the tutorial!

Hey DreiZ,

When one stands in front of a camera with a teddy bear, snake, mop or whatever and behaves in a certain way, they are asking for some mixed feedback. Absolutely no offense taken and I just laughed when I read your posts. Glad you liked the RPB serve tutorial from the website. I tend to find my sanity when making tutorial videos on that site, as slevin pointed out earlier

Cheers, Brett 
Table Tennis Videos by Brett Clarke
boliao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 1:26am
Hahaha. Reminds me of the professor in Back to the Future Wink.

Appreciate your efforts and time in sharing the various videos Brett Thumbs Up Clap.
Also the thoughts that go into getting the message across Lamp.

I'm off to ... play like the bear ... play like the bear ... play like the bear ... play like the bear
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 1:35pm
@ Brett Clarke - Thanks for letting us know Brett...

Coaches around the world are now searching hi and low for LL Beary lookalikes...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
Brett Clarke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

@ Brett Clarke - Thanks for letting us know Brett...

Coaches around the world are now searching hi and low for LL Beary lookalikes...

Hi CraneStyle, LL Beary (Long Legged Beary) is an extremely rare breed, so their search will be in vain. High and low won't cut it this time!!! Months will quickly turn into years in some of the coldest places on earth. Dead

Edited by Brett Clarke - 11/21/2014 at 5:19pm
Table Tennis Videos by Brett Clarke
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 9:23pm
I found Brett's way of teaching extraordinary. Xu Xin bear, snake serve, lizard serve...associations and visualizations are very important for memorize things. In last several years I've seen probably most of tt material on youtube, and read most of tt texts on whole net (excluding pips and antispin topics), all this sounds very logical when you watch/read it, and some of these are very informative, but only result is that I forget everything. But Xu Xin bear and snake service I cant forget, even worse, when I watch Xu Xin playing, I now watch him as long legged bear. Quality of teaching should be measured by how much you remember from teacher, not number of words in 5 min video, or something else. Best teachers I had on university used same associations methods.

Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 1:34am
Muscle tension in the arm is the no.1 reason loops and flicks are flying long in a match. Even if you are normally relaxed in practice, you might still suffer from this during matches. We all get more or less nervous when the stakes are high. Goofiness aside, the advice is invaluable - even if somewhat wasted on some of the audience.

Still, it's just a tip and nothing more. It's up to the player to do the leg work.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2020 at 3:03pm
Is this the "loop like a bear" video?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2020 at 3:28pm
yes, it was a great trick to teach how to unlock the shoulder to prevent it from phagocytizing energy coming from the legs and passing through the hips, waist and torso.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic