Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

National videos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National videos
    Posted: 12/18/2014 at 3:12am
No videos from Nationals? I was hoping for either streaming from USATT or to see some uploads like Heavyspin.
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 3:27am
Most of us are in hotels with cable/DSL type lines with extremely slow upload speeds so until Nationals is over and I am back home, I can't upload anything (I am now mildly depressed that I don't have my best match on video, while I have my worst loss ever, a 700 point differential loss where all my shots go long/off the table).
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
pathfinderpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pathfinderpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Most of us are in hotels with cable/DSL type lines with extremely slow upload speeds so until Nationals is over and I am back home, I can't upload anything (I am now mildly depressed that I don't have my best match on video, while I have my worst loss ever, a 700 point differential loss where all my shots go long/off the table).

But you'll probably learn more from watching that defeat than your best win, so it's not all bad news Wink
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by pathfinderpro pathfinderpro wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

But you'll probably learn more from watching that defeat than your best win, so it's not all bad news Wink

Not really.  I tend to learn much more from the matches where I play well than those where I play badly  because the good matches tend to expand my view of what my capabilities are, while the bad ones just leave me stuck in a time warp back to my lower ranked playing days.  In fact, this particular match was probably one of my best footwork matches ever.  At least, TopRank watched me play it so it won't exist in just my imagination.  I played a few points that had me huffing and puffing and actually pausing between points to rest (I tend to play very quickly) and by the time I was done with the match, I was sweating so much that even my opponent's father commented on how I looked (and I don't remember sweating like that at any point in the tournament despite having played 9 matches before that, a couple longer than this one).
Cybershape Carbon
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 3:07am
I've been taking videos of my matches - I'll probably just post a highlight reel after the tournament instead of individual matches... too many rough losses Confused

I did however play a match against Flathitter from the forum and managed to come out on top, and also played NextLevel again and was on the receiving end of his vengeance from NA Teams this time Ouch.  I might post those two matches at least

Las Vegas has been a tough place to adjust to for some reason

Edited by schen - 12/19/2014 at 3:08am
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 3:35am
Schen,,

The altitude in Vegas is pretty high so the air is pretty thin (2000 ft above sea level). The ball travels pretty fast through the air so it takes players without margin for error on their spin shots time to adjust, moreso with the new ball with less spin. Those coming from far away places have it worse usually as time zone is thrown into the mix as well.

Just write it off as one of those things that you can fix when you come back next year. That's my story for losing to a 1200 and going 5 games with a 1400, but with spinless shots, and I am sticking to it.

Oh, and revenge is sweet...

Edited by NextLevel - 12/19/2014 at 3:36am
Cybershape Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic