Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viscaria or TB ALC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria or TB ALC?
    Posted: 12/18/2014 at 5:59pm
Hey guys, looking for a new upgrade from my Maze, as it is damaged quite a bit.

I'm looking to buy from Teessport.com, which I noticed has a Viscaria.

Both blades are about £115... Yes, pretty expensive compared to USA,

But the TB ALC with 2 Tenergies is only £205 compared to the Viscaria with 2 Tenergies - £215.

For xmas, I can either buy one of these blades, and I was just noticing how expensive the Viscaria is compared to the TB ALC, but Teessport actaully have genuine Viscaria's in stock, which may still be rare today (?)

If you were in this situation, which one would you choose? Money is not too much of a limiting factor, just the thought of paying £115 for Viscaria rather than $122 feels like I'm being conned slgithly.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 6:04pm
I think it should depend on which handle feels better in your hand, if you have a way to check that.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I think it should depend on which handle feels better in your hand, if you have a way to check that.
I guess that will be the limiting factor, as they are very similar except for the core (?)

I have very small hands for my large and tall(ish) structure. Could you explain the pros and cons of the TB ALC straight handle compared to the Viscaria FL handle for small hands like mine?

Cheers for the quick reply.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 7:40pm
I think handle shape is largely a matter of taste, but very important for some people, less so for others.  I really don't play well with straight blades, I've used FL my entire life, but you might be different. I wish I could give you something more definite, but I can't.
Jrey View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 8:09pm
I have just gone out a VISCARIA  for its grip ,  I do not adapt myself, if you have always played with fleard believe you will not have problems ,,,, i'm waiting for TB ALC ST ... 
Jrey1002
cheondo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheondo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 8:11pm
Yeah, it's kind of impossible for strangers to tell you what handle will be more comfortable for you. 

I have a Boll ALC ST. It's a normal size handle, a bit squarish and to me, very comfortable. I agree with fatt -- it's an incredible blade and can do no wrong! 
Primorac Carbon + P7
Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70427&title=feedback-cheondo
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by cheondo cheondo wrote:

Yeah, it's kind of impossible for strangers to tell you what handle will be more comfortable for you. 

I have a Boll ALC ST. It's a normal size handle, a bit squarish and to me, very comfortable. I agree with fatt -- it's an incredible blade and can do no wrong! 

for me this ST handle was very uncomfortable. too small :(
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 8:54pm
Viscaria old tag! The greatest blade.
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

Haven't tried the old tag Viscaria, I'm using the silver one. I have to agree with Johnny that it's one great blade, if not the greatest. You could also try TBS, i'm using the first release silver tag, which for me is better than TB ALC and very very similar with the Viscaria. :)
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 3:20am
I think that it is a safer bet to go with TB ALC. I have only played with Viscaria and I think that with Viscaria the weight plays a huge role if you are thinking it´s playing properties. Mine was light and I didn´t really liked it. Now I´m playing with Maze and loving it:)!
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 7:00am
When you say upgrade, I think you will still be in the low vibration muted zone...

Surely for an "upgrade" you have to mention ZLC or Super Dooper ZLC...

A more direct touch with ZLC...

Mizutani Jun's of course, to maintain the limba outer like M. Maze. ...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by dannyreventon dannyreventon wrote:

Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

Haven't tried the old tag Viscaria, I'm using the silver one. I have to agree with Johnny that it's one great blade, if not the greatest. You could also try TBS, i'm using the first release silver tag, which for me is better than TB ALC and very very similar with the Viscaria. :)

I have owned more than 10 Viscarias, and 3 TB-ALC.  The black tag one I am using now is simply incredible.  Some silver tag ones can be that good too, but definitely not always.  These days, a lot of TB-ALC are also quite light as well, so it is no guarantee.  Which ever one you decide on, my advice is to try to get one in the higher weight range (88+) but in the case of Viscaria that is not so easily done with new ones.  Another excellent option, but even more expensive, is the most recent version of the ZJK ALC (not the blue dragon one).  They tend to be heavier.  Same basic idea as the other two, but with a slightly larger handle.  Very good blade.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 1:27pm
get Viscaria from Ali Express. much better than original
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

They are fake, I got one, but it plays surprising well.
Shifter
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

They are fake

does why I said much better than original
I had original but fake Viscaria from Ali Express I like much more. and cost only $30 with free shipping
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 2:28pm
A friend of mine got a fake one.  Question of taste, I suppose but it was one of the worst blades I ever tried.  Some people might like it, but what I can say for sure is that the fake Viscaria was nothing like a real one.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 2:47pm

A friend of mine got a fake one.  Question of taste, I suppose but it was one of the worst blades I ever tried.  Some people might like it, but what I can say for sure is that the fake Viscaria was nothing like a real one.

I think it depend from what seller you buy it. my viscaria is better than any blade I ever tried.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 2:52pm

I think it depend from what seller you buy it. my viscaria is better than any blade I ever tried.

You should also consider one's rating.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 2:57pm
don't turn around later & NOT eat your own words but sell this FAKE in this FS section, eh?
This Fake is better than any blade you've EVER tried? Oh my....
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

don't turn around later & NOT eat your own words but sell this FAKE in this FS section, eh?

you think I able to sell fake blade??? I am not so stupid

Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

This Fake is better than any blade you've EVER tried? Oh my....

this is my opinion. you can agree with this or not. for ME it's better. someone else my hate it. we all different.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 3:31pm
Get an Xiom Vega Euro.

Edited by NextLevel - 12/19/2014 at 3:32pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Rahul_TT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahul_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 4:04pm
After trying a lot of other blades, I have finally settled on TB ALC. It really is one of the best blades out there for a looper. It will forever help you set your own baseline.. Viscaria is more head heavy so better with lighter rubbers
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 6:52pm
Cheers guys, I've ordered the TB ALC from Teessport. It seemed like the best value at the time, as well as the most reputable.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic