FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Blades : Vega Tour , Pro and Europe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by spinnyserve spinnyserve wrote:

slevin!  Very much appreciated for your detailed description!!!  Very useful information!
what u wait'n for..Spinny? Go get your Fix..& you know who's watching over you, right?
Sponsored Links

ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 3:27am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

NextLevel, TTping85, or anyone else that has played with both the Europe and Pro:  Assuming Pro creates more spin than Europe, is it by a wide margin, noticeable , or negligible?  and is the Europe more  direct (sharper) than the Pro?

Euro is sharper than the Pro. it is also a bit slower than pro. That may have been because of the weight (pro: 91 gr, Euro 85 gr)
Both blades can create good spin but in my opinion, Euro creates more spin at the table than Pro.
Around 2-3 feet from the table Pro is more powerful than Euro and creates more spin on full shots.

Euro has better touch than Pro. The feel of Euro is close to Viscaria.
The Pro seems a more stable blade for a FH attacker (due to its weight, head-heaviness and speed) while the Euro suits a more balanced game (BH opening and aggressive blocking).

Thanks

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

NextLevel, TTping85, or anyone else that has played with both the Europe and Pro:  Assuming Pro creates more spin than Europe, is it by a wide margin, noticeable , or negligible?  and is the Europe more  direct (sharper) than the Pro?

Euro is sharper than the Pro. it is also a bit slower than pro. That may have been because of the weight (pro: 91 gr, Euro 85 gr)
Both blades can create good spin but in my opinion, Euro creates more spin at the table than Pro.
Around 2-3 feet from the table Pro is more powerful than Euro and creates more spin on full shots.

Euro has better touch than Pro. The feel of Euro is close to Viscaria.
The Pro seems a more stable blade for a FH attacker (due to its weight, head-heaviness and speed) while the Euro suits a more balanced game (BH opening and aggressive blocking).

Thanks

Thank you Ashish, as I would imagine it would be except for slower than the Pro - but as you said, it is probably due to weight difference.
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 3:25pm

Thank you Ashish, as I would imagine it would be except for slower than the Pro - but as you said, it is probably due to weight difference.

Please be aware that Pro may not necessarily be heavier than Europe. When I was buying my blade I've seen the weights of both versions (Pro and Europe) vary between 75 and 85 gr ... and the heaviest of the four blades I weighted was Europe, at 85 grams.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

Please be aware that Pro may not necessarily be heavier than Europe. When I was buying my blade I've seen the weights of both versions (Pro and Europe) vary between 75 and 85 gr ... and the heaviest of the four blades I weighted was Europe, at 85 grams.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I am aware there is a big variation in weight with Xiom (as well as others) blades. 
spinnyserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinnyserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 6:27pm
By the way, if someone can share your experience on differences between Vega Pro blade and the Hayabusa Zxi, that would be great!  Thanks!
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 3:25am
Vega Pro vs Zxi.
Vega Pro (limba) is the wrong blade to compare with Zxi. Vega Euro is a better comparison (koto).

Stiffness: Zxi > Euro = Pro
Sharpness of contact: Zxi > Euro > Pro
Hardness: Zxi > Euro > Pro
Touch Shots: Euro > Pro > Zxi
Vibration: Euro > Pro > Zxi
Rubber Hardness Match: Zxi (45 or more) > Pro, Euro (42 or more)
Balance of FL: Euro > Pro > Zxi (Very Head Heavy)
Distance of play: Zxi > Pro > Euro
Handle size: Zxi > Euro, Pro

Having owned all of these I can say that Euro is the most balanced blade. Pro is not that bad and Zxi is not that good.
Zxi is too fas, direct and stiff and requires very fast feet and excellent technique. Pro is good everywhere except at the table, where it feels a bit non linear. Euro is very linearbut a little weak far off the table.
It plays nearly as good as a Zjk SZLC at a third of the price.
rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 11:26am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Vega Pro vs Zxi.
Vega Pro (limba) is the wrong blade to compare with Zxi. Vega Euro is a better comparison (koto).

Stiffness: Zxi > Euro = Pro
Sharpness of contact: Zxi > Euro > Pro
Hardness: Zxi > Euro > Pro
Touch Shots: Euro > Pro > Zxi
Vibration: Euro > Pro > Zxi
Rubber Hardness Match: Zxi (45 or more) > Pro, Euro (42 or more)
Balance of FL: Euro > Pro > Zxi (Very Head Heavy)
Distance of play: Zxi > Pro > Euro
Handle size: Zxi > Euro, Pro

Having owned all of these I can say that Euro is the most balanced blade. Pro is not that bad and Zxi is not that good.
Zxi is too fas, direct and stiff and requires very fast feet and excellent technique. Pro is good everywhere except at the table, where it feels a bit non linear. Euro is very linearbut a little weak far off the table.
It plays nearly as good as a Zjk SZLC at a third of the price.
Totally agree!
spinnyserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinnyserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 11:28am
Thanks so much for your clear explanation and sharing of your experience!!
Gustau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gustau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2016 at 9:17am
Can anybody compare the Vega Euro to the Zetro Quad? (and, for that matter, could anybody compare either of them to the Adidas Fibertec Power?)
incarnation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2016 at 8:50am
any updates on VEGA TOUR compared against vega pro/europe and others? thanks

incarnation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 10:11am
compared with Vega Tour which one has more vibrations? Tour or pro or euro? thx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic