Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mitzutani vs M. Maze

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mitzutani vs M. Maze
    Posted: 03/01/2015 at 1:45pm
Not very informed about Butterfly blades.  Need some input comparing the above blades.  I heard Mitzutani's construction is similar to M. Maze's except for the carbon layer.  In essence I want to know, is the Mitzutani's short game and better than Maze's?  Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links

CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 1:49am
You will have to be more specific with the actual blades you reference, due to the various models currently available...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 10:14am
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

You will have to be more specific with the actual blades you reference, due to the various models currently available...
Crane,
Good to have potential help, the Mitzutani would be the ZLC which I see under your signature and the M. Maze would be the original OFF.  Thanks for any thoughts.  Insight into the difference in the short game in particular would be appreciated.

Edited by tom - 03/02/2015 at 12:27pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 12:08pm
Tom,

They are both good blades and I was playing with a Maze before the Jun...

To me, the Maze has the best ST handle. I have big hands and it is carpenter smooth and squarish; nothing compares...

Now, the Maze has a softer feel than the Mizutani ZLC and is tending towards muted but not abstract...

FH with a Maze and Mizutani ZLC are both awesome. The Maze feels a little firmer for loops and the Miz more flexible...

BH I prefer the Mizutani ZLC since it is more direct, which is the feel I tend to like...

Short game I prefer the Mizutani ZLC; the direct feel helps this. Though other players do fine with the Maze...

On weight, I kept reading the Mizutani ZLC's were heavy (90g's+) but I have two - 88g (used) & 86g (new); so lighter ones exist...

The Maze's I have owned have been 85g & 86g...

Finding a blade within your preferred weight limits will help you transition to your new blade quicker (assuming similar rubbers)...

Hope that helps...

Edited by CraneStyle - 03/02/2015 at 12:23pm
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 12:24pm
thank you Crane. You prefer the Mitzutani for the short game.  Is there a significant difference there?

Edited by tom - 03/02/2015 at 12:32pm
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 12:25pm
thanks
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 12:26pm

thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 1:04am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

thank you Crane. You prefer the Mitzutani for the short game.  Is there a significant difference there?

To me, the more direct feel of the Mizutani ZLC helps my touch when pushing and noodling around the table...

Miz ZLC has more vibration than the Maze ALC which has a softer feel...
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 2:45am
Mizutani ZLC is more faster and harder, so the touch with the ball is more limited. I can recommend it for players who are looking for more hard, direct feeling. The advantage of Maze ALC is always about increased ball control, but the speed is always good.
By the way - M.Maze ALC is the blade with biggest possibility for difference from blade to blade by my own experience. I have had 20+ M.Maze blades in the last 7-8 years.
Currently I have 3 of them with ST handles, one is very soft and speedy 92 grams, another is 91 grams also soft but not so much, also speedy, but the 3rd is more hard and has best touch near the table for blocks, but has not the same speed. It is 92 grams too. You never know what a blade you will get from these M.Maze, they all are so different.
3-4 years ago I had M.Maze AN handle 91 grams that was the best one I have ever had, it was soft, with great control and high power in loops, but I forced to sell it by private reasons to a local player, who is still using it and refused all my offers for trade or buy back even for double price than he paid. I just forget it yet...

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 11:06am
I have a St. M. Maze Off since about 7 years but never used much because I don't believe in equipment that are too powerful, kind of play by themselves like this blade I have and Tenergy 64.  With Kolevtt's experience of variations on the blade I now understand why mine could have  more power than my next fastest blade ZXI, which is rated OFF+.  Just discovered someone in the club has an Innerforce Temca 5000.  Will try that first just to verify that my Maze is a very fast sample before consider buying the Mitzutani.  Thank you Crane and Kolevtt for your input.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 5:50am
T64 is on the speedy side of spin to speed ratio...

Typically, players would use T64 on BH (but not exclusively)...

Use T05 or T05FX on the FH (or a variant - Vega Pro, Bluefire M2... Etc) to reduce the speed and appreciate the looping capabilities of your Maze...

Edited by CraneStyle - 03/04/2015 at 6:01am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 10:45am
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

T64 is on the speedy side of spin to speed ratio...

Typically, players would use T64 on BH (but not exclusively)...

Use T05 or T05FX on the FH (or a variant - Vega Pro, Bluefire M2... Etc) to reduce the speed and appreciate the looping capabilities of your Maze...

Agreed, but I meant I wouldn't use the T64 (unless the blade is ALL+ or below) or the Maze (with anything fast) normally and I would never put the two together.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 11:27am
Tried the Innerforce T-5000, definitely not as fast and powerful as the Maze Off I have.  I have concluded :
1)my Maze would be near the top in terms of speed / power for the model; 2)As fast as it is, it could be adapted (even by me), so it is not the equipment it is the player;3) extensive EJ ing is a waste of money but could be a hobby for some with money to blow.   Nothing new to other members, but it is my realization (for now).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic