Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chuang chih yuan changes his blade a lot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chuang chih yuan changes his blade a lot
    Posted: 03/02/2015 at 8:11am
What is going on with Chuang why is he changing his blade so much?he used viscaria then his own blade now he used the timo boll t5000 in the recent kurwait open against fan zhendong.
Sponsored Links

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 8:53am
May be he found a hard carbon blade is better for the new ball.
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 11:22am
I thought I saw a TB 5000 as well in a recent YouTube vid.

He still plays like him so it could be a speed adjustment for the plastic ball...

TB T5000 is definitely stiffer, harder and typically heavier than ALC ZLC blades...

Mine may come out of retirement yet...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 11:41am
He's not the only who changed his equipment for the new ball. Dima also changed his blade recently. 
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
CipheR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CipheR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 11:46am
Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

He's not the only who changed his equipment for the new ball. Dima also changed his blade recently. 

Yep, to an all wood one.
ㅈㅈ지지ㅎㅎㅋㅋ
Nittaku Custom Blade
FH: Neo Hurricane 3 Provincial
BH: Xiom Musa
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 12:27pm
TB T5000 is a relatively soft carbon blade. Stiff, yes, but hard, no.

T5000 has higher dwell time than ALC and much higher dwell time than ZLC. If anything, I find the blade too soft for my taste. I don't like the feeling of softness/dwell/sinking during blocks. If you loop though, its sooo good. Unless your loop is more like a drive: you go straight through the ball. Then I recommend ALC or ZLC.

I see everywhere T5000 advertised as hard, but I 've owned Innerforce T5000, TB T5000 and currently own ZJK T5000 and they are all softer than the ALC , ZLC siblings, which I also have personally owned or currently own.
I think that blade is a great fit for Chuang's game.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 12:29am
No idea why but it is Butterfly's own rating that it is Hard and Fast. In fact T5000 is the third Hardest blade in the chart among a few dozen. Only two, Gergely and Gergely Alpha are rated harder.
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 11:48am
I have a hard time believing that a koto layer on top of a carbon layer would be a soft blade! but i do agree among the OFF+ blades the tb t5000 has probably the highest dwell time!
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

I have a hard time believing that a koto layer on top of a carbon layer would be a soft blade! but i do agree among the OFF+ blades the tb t5000 has probably the highest dwell time!

koto layer above zephyllium carbon on the zxi gets compared to bty blades very often. I wonder if they feel the same. Never had an opportunity to hit with a high end bty blade  :P

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by CipheR CipheR wrote:

Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

Yep, to an all wood one.

Oh, so i was not the only who noticed that. I thought the composition looked very similar to Clipper to me.
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 1:52am
I have T5000 and I am sure it is not a hard blade. Also and Gergely Carbon. Impossible.
Just a week ago former good level player said the same for his Gergely - it is hard and I explained him Gergely is not a hard blade. He said I am wrong, then he asked me to test something from my blades and I have him my TB ZLF.  What do you think he said? - This blade is too soft ! Wacko

People often mixed fast blades with hard blades and the opposite.

Fast blades could be hard, that's right. ZLC/ALC are samples. But could be and soft, depending the construction and thickness.
But I haven't seen very soft and very slow blade.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

What is going on with Chuang why is he changing his blade so much?he used viscaria then his own blade now he used the timo boll t5000 in the recent kurwait open against fan zhendong.

he s not the only one who change blades very often, i think pro must be changing blades with the same handle so we cant tell,,kong linghui tested/played with several blades all of them looking the same
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic