FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rhyzm-P very good FH Rubber for 40+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhyzm-P very good FH Rubber for 40+
    Posted: 03/18/2015 at 1:57pm
Older members in this forum know how picky i am when i comes to equipments. It took me 5 years and 50+ rubbers to come up with a few combinations which are good for my priorities.

I liked Rhyzm, Rasant Turbo in FH for a long time and 1Q-XD, Vega Japan, Rhyzm on BH.

After moving to 40+ balls, when Joola came up with Rhyzm-P i really took it with a grain of salt, and joked about it in one of my posts. I felt its just a marketing gimmick to find a differentiater.

Because I thought, after all if the ball becomes heavier.... which mean it will require harder sponge not to bottom out. But Rhyzm-P is in fact 45degree sponge compared to regular Rhyzm 48 degree. ???

Well after 3-4 months playing with Rhyzm-P on BH, and 3-4 weeks on FH; i change my opinion. I think although the ball may have become slightly heavier, it has also become comparatively larger. So the surface area of contact has increased more. Resulting in lower effective pressure on the rubber for same speed contact.

[ Pressure=force/surface area
Increase in surface area has impacted the balance more than the increase in reversal of the momentum (read force). So softer sponge allows a reasonable penetration without bottoming out. ] .... this part only for the nerdy forum members who love little bit mechanics.   

Review:
The 45 non-porous sponge have more body and gives a very pleasing feel with the plastic 40+ balls. The top sheet has same thickness as rasant top sheet, but different material. Also sponge of rasant has large pores, which makes it kick sooner, but also possibility of bottoming out (throwing the ball very low) on mid distant drives and power-loops. that doesn't happen in Rhyzm-P.

Spin:
On medium and fast loops and drives:
It is spinnier than all 45 degree sponge rubbers i have played.
It is spinnier than some 47.5 degree sponge rubbers i played.
It is way spinnier than all 42.5 degree sponged rubbers i played.

On serves
the topsheet generates decent spin,more than the rasant series. But of course can't compare with the tacky rubbers.

Speed:
I think its a very fast rubber for aggressive strokes, in spite of being so controllable and non bouncy over the table.

Throw: medium low.

Click sound is exceptional on well-struck shots..!!

It gives you a feeling of power to pressurize opponent like a harder rubbers, but doesn't make you vulnerable to out-of-position mishits.

Weight is like most of the new generation rubbers these days.

I hate to change rubbers these days... but looks like this change was worth, due to change in ball diameter.
may be i will bring back the thread. :)

Edited by debraj - 03/18/2015 at 2:05pm
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 2:26pm
Good review.

I should start a betting poll on what your next favorite rubber shall be. LOL

I've found that not all 45 deg sheets are alike. I had to change my opinion about Omega V Euro (45 deg) in that it behaves like a soft rubber because of it's soft topsheet. Hence, I'm still searching for a BH rubber (that does not have a soft topsheet) that does not cost frikkin' $67.

How is topsheet of Rhyzm-P as compared to other 45 deg popular varietals like T05, Rasant Grip or M2? Is it's throw lower than T64?

Also, I'm assuming that this is good for BH looping. Is it also good for BH-punch?

Edited by slevin - 03/18/2015 at 2:31pm
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 2:58pm
Slevin, sure feel free. :) .... i have a favorite rubber after a very long time, unlike in early days of ESN where each generation was significantly different from previous.

If you are thinking like of T64 for BH, i think rasant grip will suit you better that rhyzm-p.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 3:00pm
Rhyzm P is not bad on FH, especially with the new ball.

However I find the old Rhyzm is superior in terms of control, regardless of the ball.

Rhyzm P is really similar to Joola Max, Bluefire, Evolution and those kind of rubbers: VERY spiny and very fast. P is definitely spinier that the Reg, and according to the top players in our club a little faster too. The difference in speed is negligible even if its there though.

I personally don't like that extra spin. The rubber is now too reactive for BH, where I require perfect control. The God sent feeling for control present in Rhyzm and no other rubber on earth is lost here. Those who use Rhyzm know what I mean: that feeling that the ball will go perfectly straight and then bend beautifully and linearly. This thing jumps on you. If you pull off a ripper, you will see the extra spin put excessive bend on the trajectory.
While P is excellent alround rubber, there is absolutely nothing to distinguish it from the other top ESN rubbers in my opinion.. a different flavor but same general behavior and feel.
And I agree with Debraj that this rubber is better suited for FH, where control difference is not felt so much and killing capacity comes useful.
But this rubber is no substitute or transition from the Regular Rhyzm.
Oh, and hit me up if you wana buy two new ones (P) at a great price :)

Edited by Victor_the_cleaner - 03/18/2015 at 3:01pm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 5:42pm
I much prefer R-P to the original R with the new ball, especially the seamed 40+. With the low bounce and general skiddy behaviour, it's more effort to get the ball over the net with good arc (without TOO high an arc, inviting an easy counter from the other end), and R just doesn't have enough grip for me now.

As cleaner_sid says, R still makes a great BH rubber with the 40+, especially with a driving style of play.

All that said, I did find R-P to be a bit too elastic and slingy for me in the end. My current favourite ESN with 40+ is Omega 5 Asia, which has a very similar soft topsheet but much harder 50deg sponge, which as a whole doesn't feel that hard at all. It has a nice touchy feel with easy grab at low speeds, but stays linear and rock-solid in harder shots. It's probably not the answer to slevin's question, but it's a top rubber with 40+ in it's own right.

Edited by AndySmith - 03/18/2015 at 5:42pm
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 4:23am
I found Rhyzm-P to be quite hard to control when I was out of position. It was really good when I was able to drive or loop hard but touch shots lacked touch. I also think that the Rhyzm-P is really unique rubber when it comes to spin. If you drive like normal drive with normal contact you will produce normal amount of spin and speed but if you loop with heavy or thick contact (I don´t know a proper word for this), the ball is allmost spinless. One of my friend thinks that at the moment this no-spin fh loop is his best weapon:). 

I dind´t like the overall feeling of Rhyzm-P on my Maze, I think it might work better on allwood blade. 
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 5:06am
And i thought u hated it hehehe
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 5:30am
Hate and love are sometimes quite similar when it comes to tt equipments;). And ofcource my memory might not serve me right lol.
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 7:10am
Didn't liked the rubber with C-Balls, still have a red one (max) in decent condition, should give it a try with P-balls. But (with C-balls) i found the spin disapointing, throw angle lower than what i'm used to (T80/Evolution MX-P/Nanoflex48....), so I wasn't expecting anything good with P-balls. 

Tested on a Timo Boll ALC (87gr, one from the first generation, serial begins with I, one of my most beloved blade).

Will give it a try with the new ball anyway. 
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 7:47am
It's a lowish throw rubber, suitable for a mainly driving style IMO.  It's not a competitor to the high-throw loop monsters on your list.

Our best club players are national level and are sponsored by Joola.  They have been using Rhyzm for many years, but are looking for alternatives to get the feeling of "grab" back at ball contact.  I can see how Rhyzm-P might offer an option for them, even though it's really quite different to the original Rhyzm, and so I suppose it makes sense that Joola would cook R-P up as a first stab at adapting for plastic.  Personally, I wish the same topsheet was available on a harder sponge, hence my comment about Omega V Asia.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 7:49am
It's also worth noting that the next Rhyzm rubber is Rhyzm Tech, which is listed at 42.5 degrees...
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 1:23pm
I'm not sure why Rhyzm-P gets so little hype...it's a very solid rubber all around, yea, probably not a beast at any category but very stable and trusty in the offensive game, most of my practice partners who have tried it found it pretty solid too. 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Tommy16 Tommy16 wrote:

If you drive like normal drive with normal contact you will produce normal amount of spin and speed but if you loop with heavy or thick contact (I don´t know a proper word for this), the ball is allmost spinless.

This is my biggest problem with 45 degree ESN rubbers. It does not happen in the 47-50 degree ones.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 10:27pm
Our clubs top player, former South American doubles champion Matias Contreras (USATTR 2562), is using Rhyzm-P to good effect on forehand and backhand. He prefers it over regular Rhyzm, as he thinks Rhyzm-P is more forgiving.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2016 at 12:27am
Originally posted by alphapong alphapong wrote:

Our clubs top player, former South American doubles champion Matias Contreras (USATTR 2562), is using Rhyzm-P to good effect on forehand and backhand. He prefers it over regular Rhyzm, as he thinks Rhyzm-P is more forgiving.

Nice, any other alameda folks using it? Not surprised, I know of a few advanced and even top tier US players using it but surprised it gets no mention compared to, like, evolution mxp
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2016 at 5:53am
Some time ago I tried for a while Rhyzm P and it is very good rubber. Personally I Rhyzm P before Tibhar Evo MXP. P Rhyzm better for me brush loops and more forgiveness before MXP. I tried it on a 2.0 mm Person World Champions 89 and it works great! Meeting of emotion, you can do everything to make this combination you can think of. The same applies in connection with Butterfly Gergely, also nice combo and not too fast. You can also sit on the Joola Rossi Emotion Joola Spirit or All, and not make a mistake. I tried also to Donic WSC, Korbel Off and sometimes I did not like. My personal opinion is that it works very well on the hinoki (Gergely), Spruce (Donic World Champions Series) on rigid boards.
Much popular then and Rhyzm Tech on the back. Not at all soft and crazy fast but excellent contact and brush. I also tried to Omega in Asia and Rhyzm P me play much easier and it liked more.
Rhyzm P i Rhyzm Tech are very good and durable, good products from Joola although not as popular as the Evo.
Wolf
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Wolf Wolf wrote:

Some time ago I tried for a while Rhyzm P and it is very good rubber. Personally I Rhyzm P before Tibhar Evo MXP. P Rhyzm better for me brush loops and more forgiveness before MXP. I tried it on a 2.0 mm Person World Champions 89 and it works great! Meeting of emotion, you can do everything to make this combination you can think of. The same applies in connection with Butterfly Gergely, also nice combo and not too fast. You can also sit on the Joola Rossi Emotion Joola Spirit or All, and not make a mistake. I tried also to Donic WSC, Korbel Off and sometimes I did not like. My personal opinion is that it works very well on the hinoki (Gergely), Spruce (Donic World Champions Series) on rigid boards.
Much popular then and Rhyzm Tech on the back. Not at all soft and crazy fast but excellent contact and brush. I also tried to Omega in Asia and Rhyzm P me play much easier and it liked more.
Rhyzm P i Rhyzm Tech are very good and durable, good products from Joola although not as popular as the Evo.
Wolf

Rhyzm P is very forgiving, so it puts the power in the users hands. If you're good, you can produce good quality shots, but it won't give you easy quality like Tenergy does. Did you like Rhyzm Tech? I did not have any interest in trying this one, as it seemed gimmicky to me.
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 4:05pm
I'm quite pleased at the back side with Rhyzm Tech 2.0 mm on my Donic Crest Are:) Tolerating a certain amount of errors and it suits me. I can do whatever I want with it without thinking how I want it. This rubber is quite versatile, speed, there is no formula, so far I have not found a location on the Crest of the Arr for my all-round game. Rhyzm P is a faster and more aggressive, the beast in the right hands, at the right, the blade .

Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic