tabletennis11.com

Avalox AVX Ruiba vs Ma Wenge C555

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avalox AVX Ruiba vs Ma Wenge C555
    Posted: 03/22/2015 at 6:08am
A friend of mine loves his Avalox Ma Wenge blade (C555) but is interested in the new Avalox Ruiba (bloodwood carbon). I could not find any information on the Ruiba.

Has anyone tried the Ruiba and can tell us what it's like?

Thanks guys!Wink
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2015 at 2:33am
Bump - anyone?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Klopic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klopic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:53am

Avalox AVX Ruiba Bloodwood carbon

5 wood and 2 carbon-fiber layers provide relatively Strandard combination , but the major difference is in the choice of wood veneers and their thickness. The outer two wooden veneers are extremely thin , like the carbon fiber layer beneath , while the central soft layer is relatively thick . This ensures that Ruiba has excellent control and simoultaneously a little flexibility , but also provides speed of carbon-fiber wood . So far tests shows that Ruiba excels when playing with new plastic balls .
Klopic

Avalox Blue Thunder 550

F- Palio Aeolus Max

B- Palio Blit' z, 2,0 mm
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 12:01pm
Is bloodwood a hard wood? Does the blade have a hard feel?
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 8:36pm
Yes I believe bloodwood is quite hard, but it's only a very thin outer ply, so the ply underneath would have a great impact on the feel of the blade too.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Yes I believe bloodwood is quite hard, but it's only a very thin outer ply, so the ply underneath would have a great impact on the feel of the blade too.
This sounds quite similar to Intensity Carbon: it has a thin, hard walnut outer, something underneath (I forgot; spruce?), carbon and then a thick, soft inner.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
roulage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roulage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 3:05am
I´ve tested Ruiba . It is blade with huge amount of control. My speed rating is OFF- . Little bit flexy. With Donic Bluefire M1 rubbers excelent offensive setup with fantastic control and spin, but quite head heavy. With slower and softer rubbers like Acuda S2 and Bluefire M3 - slower and more allround than offensive. Blade has soft feel and interesting deep toc sound. Conclusion: excellent blade for control oriented attackers, really . Very good craftmanship and design
Photino+Andro Plaxon
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 6:43am
Thank you roulage! Thumbs Up
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 7:50am
i'm going to test the Ruiba today evening

the weight is 94/95g and the quality awesome

i will try to compare with boll spirit that is my blade at the moment

rubbers:mxp on fh and rasant grip on bh

Edited by carmelomaf - 03/27/2015 at 7:55am
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2015 at 5:47am
Played yestraday for 3 hours with the Ruiba

Very good blade, fast like the boll spirit but different feeling

the blade has much more wood feeling with much more trampoline effect and for that reason I had more difficult to block the topspins. 

On the other hand i was able to generate much more spin

As already wrote the quality of the blade is awesome but cheaper than Stiga Blades

regards

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 12:25am
Thanks carmelomaf! Thumbs Up
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 1:53am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

A friend of mine loves his Avalox Ma Wenge blade (C555) but is interested in the new Avalox Ruiba (bloodwood carbon). I could not find any information on the Ruiba.

Has anyone tried the Ruiba and can tell us what it's like?

Thanks guys!Wink

how is c555 in the plastic ball era compared to popular blades?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 2:18am
Perfectly fine, just like every other blades IMO.Big smile

I don't believe anyone needs to be change blades when using plastic balls (although the manufacturer love to spin that story!).
You might need to change rubber to get a bit more grip & speed, but I'm sure 99% of people here can easily adjust to the new ball with exactly the same blade.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 10:10am
I had a hard time playing with poly ball using Yasaka extra offensive. It has become yasaka extra ALLROUND for me, due to the poly ball
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic