Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubber advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anschutz12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anschutz12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber advice
    Posted: 03/31/2015 at 3:31am
Hi I have been using a DHS W997 blade with DHS h3 provincial orange sponge for about 5 months from ttnpp here is the link 
 http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/339-neo-dhs-hurricane-3-iii-provincial-6-edges-6.html
With Donic acuda s2 on the backhand. I like this set up however the rubbers are due for a replacement I am thinking tenergy 64 for my backhand and h3 neo on my FH what rubber would you recommend from ttnpp?

Is this rubber any good??
http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/617-neo-dhs-hurricane-3-iii-blue-sponge-provincial-6-edges-6.html

And what boosting product would you recommend?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 5:05am
There's been a some debate recently on whether or not ttnpp's current stock of blue sponge neo provincial rubbers are real or not.  The print on the sponge seems iffy and the rubber stamp's quality is definitely not what you'd expect from a "provincial" quality sheet.  I have a handful of them at the moment and while they play well enough (nothing spectacular) and are actually useable unboosted to some extent on OFF blades, but I don't think they are worth the price they are asking.  

However when boosted to hell and back, the blue sponge h3 neo is an unbelievably powerful FH rubber... unfortunately when boosted that much, the rubber will bubble in a matter of hours because blue sponge is extremely brittle.  At nearly $60 per sheet, it's tough to justify.

As for your setup, the orange sponge h3 neo (even the commercial one) is a much better value for the money and far more durable.  Seamoon and falco boosters are also pretty good and readily available (didn't like Dianchi though, not enough power and makes the sponge too mushy).  T64 is also a very reliable and popular BH rubber for blocking and driving, but it depends on your play style whether or not that will best suit you.

Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 5:15am
You could give the Yinhe Big Dipper a try
RyKnocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 6:24am
I second the big dipper suggestion. After playing with it more I'm finding some special things about it. For instance, my over the table banana flick has never been easier.
BTY Viscaria: FH Black Battle II / BH Red 802-40 2.0mm

Galaxy W-6: FH: FH/BH Yinhe Big Dipper 38*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic