FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Powersponge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 6:59pm

Sounds good.   I'd be interested in seeing how your Power Sponge holds up.  It may be that my using some speed glue caused my PS to shrink but that it wouldn't shrink if I had used a glue sheet from the beginning.  (Is yours shrinking?)   

I also went the long lasting glue route and it also slowed on the 3rd day and gave inconsistant play.

So.....since I never was much of a speed gluer, I am now going to be one.  I am speedgluing my power sponge and waiting for my new regular Bryce red and Bryce HS black.  I'm looking at putting the BHS black on my FH.

Regarding blades, I've tried VSG 1000, KC, DHS King & KLS in the past year but KC is what I'm sticking with going forward.   Its got the power and feel that matches my game.  

I am in Far North Dallas just south of Plano.  Frankfort & Campbell area.

Sponsored Links

bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 11:31pm
lol u guys can meet at liberty sometime o_O
WizardOfOz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizardOfOz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by JRSDallas JRSDallas wrote:

Sounds good.   I'd be interested in seeing how your Power Sponge holds up.  It may be that my using some speed glue caused my PS to shrink but that it wouldn't shrink if I had used a glue sheet from the beginning.  (Is yours shrinking?)

I'm using now glue sheets on my KC (3 days so far), apparently the powersponges are holding up ok now without shrinking. I didn't use any speed glue but they shrank any way, a metallic ring from the KC was showing up big time but I think the Kreanga�s metallic finishing has a lot to do with that. Seems like the powersponges are stretched from factory and then little by little they will shrink. Its ok I guess if you don�t intend to use them on another paddle because the minute you separate them from the paddle they shrink a little. The speed glue effect still there though after about 10 days now !!

JRSDallas, why are you switching back to regular Bryce speed glued? Something wrong with powersponges?

Thanks.

PS BTW do you ever go to Liberty RC on Mondays or Fridays?

BTY Photino
FH Solcion 2.1
BH Solcion 2.1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizardOfOz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 4:17pm

Originally posted by bigreddawgie bigreddawgie wrote:

lol u guys can meet at liberty sometime o_O

Sure, I go to liberty all the time. I'm planning to be there this friday so see ya there .

BTY Photino
FH Solcion 2.1
BH Solcion 2.1
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2006 at 7:59am
I was at Liberty this Friday and plan to be this Saturday.
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2006 at 6:29pm

some guy on the other forum glued up his bryce powersponge, and he said it was amazing, felt like the 38mm ball with 6 layers of master chack, I might buy two sheets of the sriver version max and and use for tourneys only and speed glue it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizardOfOz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2006 at 1:23am
Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

some guy on the other forum glued up his bryce powersponge, and he said it was amazing, felt like the 38mm ball with 6 layers of master chack, I might buy two sheets of the sriver version max and and use for tourneys only and speed glue it

I thought about doing that too but then the whole purpose of avoiding toxic glues will not work. Two weeks so far playing with my powersponges and they're still going and going ..... hehehe just like the energizer commercial . Anyway if you decide to speed glue them let me know the results, it might be too good to overlook and not try! .

BTY Photino
FH Solcion 2.1
BH Solcion 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic