FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Mizuno Fortius/Fortius FT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 8:53am
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

I've played with it 2-3 hours. Good blade. Thick St handle. Solid, Medium feel. Haven't played with a Clipper in 5 years so I can't compare.

how is speed and hardness?
Sponsored Links

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 10:34am
Off with medium hardness.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 11:03am
thanks. Can you please compare to Timo Boll ALC in speed and hardness? which one will be faster and harder?
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 3:31pm
The Fortius is softer, more controlled. It's still quite fast if you hit it hard enough, so power-wise it isn't bad, but you'll have to work harder for it. The dwell time is pretty good, as you could expect from an all wood limba blade.

It's also heavier, seems hard to find below 90+ grammes.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 3:38pm
thanks Bran
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 11:19am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_6&products_id=2062

a very attractive $50 price for a 7-ply all wood blade that competes with the twice as expensive ludeack

fatt, your link url is incorrect and causing an error... I corrected it in the quote above
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 10:34am
I've just ordered a Fortius FT.  Decided it was time to have a decent 7-ply limba outer blade in the cupboard. The price has gone up in the last few months in Japan (along with the Swifter), with Mizuno putting it down to an increase in materials cost (mainly Japanese cypress):

Interesting that this isn't a standard limba - ayous x 5 - limba blade, but has two plies of hinoki around the core. Looking forward to giving it a bash.

Also, Mizuno have two new varitations coming out in September - Fortius FT5 and Fortius FT Light.

Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 11:17am
Where did you find out that it uses two plies of hinoki?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Da Baobei Da Baobei wrote:

Where did you find out that it uses two plies of hinoki?

Well, first of all the pictures show the classic "vein" structure of the two plies around the core, indicative of a spruce of some kind.  Notice that the other plies (ayous) look nothing like that.

But quite apart from that:

Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 11:39am
Indeed, good find. I didn't pay much attention because a lot of sources said classic limba-ayous. I thought the difference in grain was due 90 degree difference of the plies but it makes sense now.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Da Baobei Da Baobei wrote:

Indeed, good find. I didn't pay much attention because a lot of sources said classic limba-ayous. I thought the difference in grain was due 90 degree difference of the plies but it makes sense now.

Yeah, lots of shops with the same limba- 5x ayous - limba info as well as the forums.

I like Mizuno's level of detail in that page though.  Backstory and character arc for a blade.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 11:58am
too bad it made in China
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

too bad it made in China

So are many things.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 12:53pm
bad quality. I got many splinters on top layer from removing rubber
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 12:56pm

Thanks for the warning, I will seal before use.

I think Swedish blades are worse than Chinese for this.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I don't agree. I have Infinity and I had before Emerald and Rosewood. no one of them had splinters. maybe I just got lucky ...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 1:37pm
Or perhaps unlucky with your Fortius.
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 3:02pm

I don't agree. I have Infinity and I had before Emerald and Rosewood. no one of them had splinters. maybe I just got lucky ...

I think this has actually more to do with the type of wood used then where it was made. The Swedish blades listed above are all hardwood and/or coated so no splinters on removing rubbers. The Fortius has softer limber outers so it is more likely to have splinters. Try a Clipper or ALL-Classic made in Sweden.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

I think this has actually more to do with the type of wood used then where it was made. The Swedish blades listed above are all hardwood and/or coated so no splinters on removing rubbers. The Fortius has softer limber outers so it is more likely to have splinters. Try a Clipper or ALL-Classic made in Sweden.

I never had splinters with any Butterfly blades. some of them also have soft outer.
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 5:03pm
Mine was ok when I changed the rubbers.
geraldcarmack View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geraldcarmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 4:11am
I like the Fortius blade a lot. I have nittaku fastarc P-1 on both sides. This is now one of my better blades. I prefer this blade to Andro Temper Tech OFF+. I owned two of the Andro blades with Addidas P-7 rubbers. I will buy the Mizuno FT or SST because the Fortius blade was great.
Gerald K Carmack
http://geraldcarmack.net
T64/TSP Hino-Carbon Speed | 729-Bomb/729-Higher German |Sriver-EL/Grubba Carbon | Others
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 4:16am

Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

I never had splinters with any Butterfly blades. some of them also have soft outer.

I had a splinter in my intensity carbon my primorac bought in japan had one side skewed and rattles when i tap with my finger like something is rattling
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 4:19am

too bad it made in China

When the defective blade was made in japan they call it a bad batch if the same problem happens to a chinese blade they say bad QC .People are fanbois
geraldcarmack View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geraldcarmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 7:48am
I posted back in October 2016. I am still using this Fortius Blade. It is the best blade for the price. Not trying the Fortius is a mistake. 
Gerald K Carmack
http://geraldcarmack.net
T64/TSP Hino-Carbon Speed | 729-Bomb/729-Higher German |Sriver-EL/Grubba Carbon | Others
lshap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lshap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 9:22am
Originally posted by geraldcarmack geraldcarmack wrote:

I posted back in October 2016. I am still using this Fortius Blade. It is the best blade for the price. Not trying the Fortius is a mistake. 

I totally agree with you. The quality and craftsmanship of this blade on the level of Nittaku  blades made in China.
Anybody interested in trying this blade please use link below:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79695&PID=1008346&#1008346
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic