Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Chinese Rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 3:13pm
it can't be much heavier than cream, right?
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 6:25pm

abotu the same as cream mrs.  Lighter than cream transcend by quite a bit.

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 6:36pm
i had higher on both sides on a korbel once and it killed my wrist
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 8:31pm
My favourites would be Dawei Sprungfeder 388A-2 and LKT XT...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 1:06am
NONE for intermediate skill like me. I believe to use chinese rubber effective, you must be very skillful and sufficient basic training for eg, footwork and how to create the power yourself. So it's more for those highly skilled and trained players.
DatSuKid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DatSuKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 2:46am
DHS G666, light, medium sponge, ultra grippy. If I can get a light spinny and semi fast rubber with my light balsa blade, I can make some really good loops.
Hard work and self-determination will surpass talent.

Blade-Homemade BirchBalsaBullet (3B JSX)
FH - DHS G666
BH - LKT PRO XT
tt12 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 11:41pm
729 Cream with Japanese 2.2mm sponge. I can block  like a piece of cake. And I can produce spinny serves, and can loop reasonably confidently. By the way dudes, when you vote the best Chinese rubber, could you please tell us why you like it.    
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 12:05pm
if you visit guangdong, you could probably get some shen feng from the distributor at the club there. I got a used one for 12 USD and it plays great!
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 12:09pm
to tell you the truth the palio rubbers are basically considered kids rubbers here in china. none of the university team or province teams use them. Most people at the clubs here dont use them, but they are cheap and can be export and sold at a comfortable price and still make a very good profit, so many dealers here advertise the palio stuff, but to tell you the truth, everyone worth there grain of salt in table tennis knows that Palio is cheap crap.

p.s. i was replying to schlager's post
Avalox 550
ttpglj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttpglj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 1:15pm
Most of chinese amateurs(in fact they are super fans) include me use DOUBLEHAPPINESS HURRICANE 3.  Perhaps some new products from this company come into the market.
Be my friends.
let us share the pleasure of life and TT.
dgarcia219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgarcia219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 2:21pm

H2 and H3, maybe FriendShip 279 Super FX

Blade: DHS-WL
Rubber fh:Dhs H3 Red 2.2
Rubber bh:Dhs H3 black 2.2
WildPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 1:25am
I used a pretty good cut of black Hurricane 3 2.2mm Japanese sponge. It felt ok, I guess. It played pretty well speedglued though.
BTY Viscaria FL
BTY Cermet 2.1
BTY Cermet 2.1
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 1:47am

Originally posted by AZNpenholdloop AZNpenholdloop wrote:

to tell you the truth the palio rubbers are basically considered kids rubbers here in china. none of the university team or province teams use them. Most people at the clubs here dont use them, but they are cheap and can be export and sold at a comfortable price and still make a very good profit, so many dealers here advertise the palio stuff, but to tell you the truth, everyone worth there grain of salt in table tennis knows that Palio is cheap crap.

p.s. i was replying to schlager's post

Palio makes a lot of cheap stuff, but they've recently been tooled up to make rubbers for european customers.  They have some really nice stuff too if you know what to get.  What he got was actually palio C topsheet on gp3 and it's great if you're a glue looper. 

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 1:52am

But you're right, it earned a really bad reputation a few years ago.  I'm told some chinese guys laugh at it.  But the chinese market is changing very fast.

In fact, palio does have some national team submission now I'm told...heck every company does.  I think I heard they were using some special version of drunken dragon.

Obviously not all of them, certainly not the sponsored ones.

Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 2:35am

I like the 40H and 40S but they are really hard.

From iruru they like sell a national version of those rubbers with the leopard on the cover not being like calm but aggressive with mouth wide open.  If these sponges are softer which I think then may be good rubbers. 

So is Shenfeng like the national version of SP ESN? 

Blade: Galaxy U4
BH: DHS H2 (orange)
FH: DHS G666 or 729 40H German ESN

http://www.myspace.com/leethedream
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 3:02am
Higher and Cream. Of course Highpoint is better than these, but is made in Germany.
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 4:56am
Originally posted by Leeroy Leeroy wrote:

I like the 40H and 40S but they are really hard.

From iruru they like sell a national version of those rubbers with the leopard on the cover not being like calm but aggressive with mouth wide open.  If these sponges are softer which I think then may be good rubbers. 

So is Shenfeng like the national version of SP ESN? 

shenfeng is only sponsored to guangdong team,it is a very good rubber but national teamdoes not use it cos most players in the national team used DHS. DHS is the main sponsored of national team so players who are in the national team must use DHS.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 5:04am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

But you're right, it earned a really bad reputation a few years ago. I'm told some chinese guys laugh at it. But the chinese market is changing very fast.

In fact, palio does have some national team submission now I'm told...heck every company does. I think I heard they were using some special version of drunken dragon.

Obviously not all of them, certainly not the sponsored ones.

yea i have heard great things about the dragon series here in Beijing. So Palio might be changing for the good. Oh, hey cole, you seem to know alot about the new dragon series. What is the differences between them(sponge degrees, tension, non speed glue, etc) Thanks.
Avalox 550
GuoZheng View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuoZheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 8:04am

HURRICANE 3 39DEGREE 2.15MM is the best

BLADE:TIMO BOLL SPIRIT
RUBBERS:BOTH SRIVER MAX

Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 6:55pm

So Shenfeng is like Wang Nan sheet (SP) with German ESN sponge? 

Has anyone tried the national versions (or the better versions) of 40H and 40S ESN from iruru?

I really like the commercial versions but the sponges are very hard plus I have the feeling that those rubbers from iruru might possibly have inbuilt speed glue effect like Highpoint.  Not only that the top sheets might be better...

For twice the price you'd hope it'll be better if you know what I mean... 

Blade: Galaxy U4
BH: DHS H2 (orange)
FH: DHS G666 or 729 40H German ESN

http://www.myspace.com/leethedream
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Leeroy Leeroy wrote:

So Shenfeng is like Wang Nan sheet (SP) with German ESN sponge? 

Has anyone tried the national versions (or the better versions) of 40H and 40S ESN from iruru?

I really like the commercial versions but the sponges are very hard plus I have the feeling that those rubbers from iruru might possibly have inbuilt speed glue effect like Highpoint.  Not only that the top sheets might be better...

For twice the price you'd hope it'll be better if you know what I mean... 

Actually Shenfeng does not use the topsheet of wangnan. This topsheet is heaps better than WANGNAN(SP), the topsheet is as thin as the joola tang extreme topsheet. The sponge is made by BOMB is range from 45-50 degree hardness. The price is about $35

fhlooper View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhlooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 7:05am
What do you mean weird coaches in Texas, are there ones in Houston? I only know a couple good ones. Wang Dazhi, he's good. But if you're looking for the best Chinese rubber, go H3. They're perfectly made for your style. very hard sponge, very tacky topsheet. short life though.
Butterfly Zhang Yining
Hurricane III National 2.2 FH
Butterfly Sriver G2 1.9 BH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic