Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommend Rubbers for Darker Jpen Speed 90

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
realmisr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realmisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommend Rubbers for Darker Jpen Speed 90
    Posted: 08/27/2015 at 12:13am
I'd love to hear your personal experiences and thoughts on great rubbers for my Darker J Speed 90 Reversible j pen.

I'm playing rpb with it. On forehand I enjoy looping, smashing and heavy backspins. On my BH i like to attack aggressively when I see a chance. Mostly fast straight flat hits on backhand thus far but I do wish to work on BH looping. 

Thanks in advance!

Please include thickness with rubber recommendations. 
Sponsored Links

siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 11:30am

Hurricane 8 , MX-S max !
Siesta Key
W968
Omega Tour 7 i
realmisr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realmisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 11:38am
Originally posted by siestakey siestakey wrote:

Hurricane 8 , MX-S max !

Ah, thanks for your suggestions!

I read that using hard sponges on 1-ply hinokis isn't ideal because it doesn't allow the blade to do it's job. 

What are your thoughts on this?
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 11:47am
I wouldn't recommend any rubber with hard top or hard sponge for 1 ply hinoki blade at all, it defeat the purpose of having the hinoki blade.

The best combo for 1-ply hinoki is to have a relatively soft rubber, so that the ball can dwell through the sponge to the 1-ply wood, and allow that sponge+wood combination to give you the special feedback and power.

Below is some of my combination for my 1-ply hinoki:
Red KTS + MX-P
Red KTS +T64
Ariex Pheonix + MX-P
Darker Speed 90 + Xiom Vega Europe
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
realmisr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realmisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

I wouldn't recommend any rubber with hard top or hard sponge for 1 ply hinoki blade at all, it defeat the purpose of having the hinoki blade.

The best combo for 1-ply hinoki is to have a relatively soft rubber, so that the ball can dwell through the sponge to the 1-ply wood, and allow that sponge+wood combination to give you the special feedback and power.

Below is some of my combination for my 1-ply hinoki:
Red KTS + MX-P
Red KTS +T64
Ariex Pheonix + MX-P
Darker Speed 90 + Xiom Vega Europe

Awesome, thanks! I'll check those out as I continue to receive more recommendations.

Do you have any recommendations for spinny chinese tacky rubber as well?
yylik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 12:17pm
Donic Acuda S2 (or S1), 2.0 sponge.
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 1:42pm
I used the classic Jpen setup with Sriver for years.  If you developed similar strokes this way, 
you'll find it easy to adapt to MX-P, which is what I currently use in Max thickness with a Jpen Speed 90.  
More touch, more power, more spin, but with the same feeling of control as Sriver.  
realmisr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realmisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 1:49pm
Thanks so much for all your thoughts everyone! Some great feedback.
siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 2:20pm

I think the hard rubber sinks in to the Hinoki and springs out !
Siesta Key
W968
Omega Tour 7 i
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 3:12pm

you probably have good stroke to generate the dwell :-) if you have a chance, try a softer rubber, you might find another level of feeling. Cheers Thumbs Up
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 7:54pm
rpb rubber on a Jpen is almost heresy. why not play Cpen then if you want a backside rubber. A good Jpen should weigh like 100g and the thickness makes rpb clunky. Think about losing that rpb

As rubber I can highly recommend T64 or similar more controlled rubbers
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
realmisr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realmisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by crackfst crackfst wrote:

rpb rubber on a Jpen is almost heresy. why not play Cpen then if you want a backside rubber. A good Jpen should weigh like 100g and the thickness makes rpb clunky. Think about losing that rpb

As rubber I can highly recommend T64 or similar more controlled rubbers

Fair points - I've just gotten used to it honestly. I also shaved down the blade so it's basically contoured to the way I grip it now. Super comfy and I really don't feel the weight.

Thanks for the input everyone! Keep them coming!
siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 3:57pm

you probably have good stroke to generate the dwell :-) if you have a chance, try a softer rubber, you might find another level of feeling. Cheers Thumbs Up

Same as Amultart Mx-S & H8 , IQXD are my favourites , tried many rubbers but especially the DS90 it cries out for a full on commitment & will take off like a rocket !
Siesta Key
W968
Omega Tour 7 i
realmisr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realmisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 4:39pm

Same as Amultart Mx-S & H8 , IQXD are my favourites , tried many rubbers but especially the DS90 it cries out for a full on commitment & will take off like a rocket !

What's IQXD?
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 10:45pm
Tibhar 1Q XD
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic