Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic Desto vs Andro revolution

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Desto vs Andro revolution
    Posted: 07/17/2006 at 5:31am

What do you think about Donic Desto F1,2,3 -  WITHOUT regluing

Or one of the Andro Revolution seria.   also WITHOUT regluing.

What I need is soft-middle sponge(like mark V or a little bit less). and more spin then spid.

I need the opinion of professional who played one of them not glued

Sponsored Links

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 6:27am

especially i am interested in

andro Revolution QUAD-450 i think.

and DESTO F1

Thank you

P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 6:29am
I played with many of the Revolution series, but didnt try the Desto ones.

Perhaps you could say, which one of the Revolution series you would like to play, cause there are so many "Revolutions": Rev, Rev Fire, Rev Quad, Rev COR, Rev Glue...

I think, what you said, RevQuad420 (soft) might be a nice solution...
P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 6:36am
Great to hear just in this moment !

Ok, I think both in MAX sponge thickness, the Rev should be slightly faster, but also a bit harder...(dont know exactly, cause I didnt play with F1, like I said before)

In terms of spin, both should be very similar, maybe the "new" F1 (because of his better topsheet) has a little bit more spin, and the topsheet is a bit more grippy than the Rev one.

Control is better with F1 I would say, coz its softer (soft-medium) compared to the 450 (medium)...

Both are very fragile, the topsheet cracks easily, so you would have to take care of them...Then, both are very similar, in terms of durability.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 6:42am

especially donic desto f1

and andro revolution QUAD-450

thank you

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 6:48am

no no P�r$son
DESTO F1 - it is donic seria

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 6:53am

what can you say comparing these to Yasaka Mark V - i mean in: hardness of sponge, spin, durability.

thank you all

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 7:49am
for old f1...
topsheet spin (ie, serving): quad 450 > mark V > f1
spin: quad450 > f1 > mark V
speed: F1 ~= Quad 450 > mark V unglued.
hardness: Mark V > F1 = Quad 450
durability: Mark V > F1 = Quad 450

New F1 is rumored to have a better topsheet. Old f1 has a slightly oily topsheet (until broken in).

Both are softer than Mark V unglued and glued. Both are faster than Mark V unglued.
Potato Face
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 9:11am

to silvalis

for me - hardness is very importent factor:

I can't play too soft sponge. I dont like it. for example I can't play Sriver FX in forehand - too soft for me.

Too hard sponge without gluing - very hard to play tops on tops.

So i am trying to find somthing like Mark V(or Magna stiga) but softer a little bit. Because Magna and Yasaka (especially magna) is very hard without glue.

F1 and Quad 450 - try to comare them to some other rubbers in their softness. (to butterfly or stiga maybe)

Thank you

P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

no no <SPAN class=bold>P�r$son</SPAN>
DESTO F1 - it is donic seria

So what ?! Spamming ??
divinity911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinity911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 11:16pm
I play Desto F3 on my backhand for RPB and I think the sponge is too soft. I end up quick hitting a lot versus looping because of the overly soft sponge along with high tension topsheet. I haven't tried F2 or F1, but I suspect F2 would be just right with medium hardness sponge. One thing I do hate about the Desto is that it cracks too easily, especially at the edges. I guess this is true with a lot of non-chinese rubbers though.
P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 2:55pm

Originally posted by divinity911 divinity911 wrote:

I play Desto F3 on my backhand for RPB and I think the sponge is too soft. I end up quick hitting a lot versus looping because of the overly soft sponge along with high tension topsheet. I haven't tried F2 or F1, but I suspect F2 would be just right with medium hardness sponge. One thing I do hate about the Desto is that it cracks too easily, especially at the edges. I guess this is true with a lot of non-chinese rubbers though.

Ich don't think F2 is medium...F1 is already medium, because of the High-Tension...F2 is again softer, so its soft-medium/soft... 

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 8:27pm
F2 is soft
F1 is medium soft.

I still find F1 pretty soft...
Potato Face
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 12:24pm
can you guys post pics of your used Desto rubbers, i just got a new F1 and want to know what to expect when i start using it.
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 1:20pm

I have found some guy why plays F1 so I tried to play it for some 5 minutes.

I must say - I was expecting more

(maybe his rubber is too old - but if it is all right - it is not spinny enough. and not controlled enough)

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 1:20pm
I mean - it was not bad, but I was expecting more
P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 8:00am
I also think about changing to F1...

My Problem is that Im not 100% sure if F1 really has MOST possible speedglue effect built in !?

Because I played with RevFire/TangoEx, but they were not really good without speedglue...Although it was MAX thickness, there was nearly no more speed (compared to an classic-rubber)

I need the most possible speedglue effect, so is F1 really VERY fast and VERY "speedglued" ???

thx
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 8:23am
None of them resemble speedglued rubbers too much, of them F2 is the closest but its rather soft. You might want to try the powersponge rubbers.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 6:35am
Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

None of them resemble speedglued rubbers too much, of them F2 is the closest but its rather soft. You might want to try the powersponge rubbers.

Thx, but I wanted something faster than F2 with the same built in speedglue effect, so I thought about F1, isnt it closer to a speedglued rubber than F2 ??
mqr 116 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mqr 116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 8:24am
Try F1-HS (hard sponge).
Timo Boll Tricarbon [ST]
Bryce Speed
Globe 979
P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 9:03am
Originally posted by mqr 116 mqr 116 wrote:

Try F1-HS (hard sponge).

Thanks, with a hard or soft blade ? I see, your using it with SC...

Might be too fast for me..
mqr 116 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mqr 116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 12:58pm
F1 hard sponge is the fastest built in speed glue effect i have personally tried so far. i have used the Joola Tango extrem and F1 regular, and have found the HS a bit faster. there are other rubbers that are advertised to have better built in speed glue effects like the Bty powersponges, Tibhar Nimbus, Joola energy green power and Donic JO Gold. haven't tried any of those though.   
Timo Boll Tricarbon [ST]
Bryce Speed
Globe 979
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 8:02am
F1 and such don't really have that much speedglue effect built in.

Coppa jo gold is in the same camp, i dare say so does green power, nimbus and plasma. They do have more than the previous Tensor generation though.

I would not be surprised if powersponge has more speedglue effect.
Potato Face
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic