Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

I’ve lost my feeling with my new racket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
opteron250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opteron250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’ve lost my feeling with my new racket
    Posted: 07/17/2006 at 10:26am
I used BTY A.Mazunov blade with FH Joola Tango Titan 3.0 and BH BTY Sriver
I've switched to my new setup last Mon and since then, playing with it have been nightmare to me. The new setup is blade Stiga CarboKev , Bryce and Tackifire SP soft. Now I've lost my feeling. I can't play the topspin and I can't generate as much spin as before.
Could you tell me which rubber to play on the FH and BH. I'm now trying FH Bryce and BH Tackifire. I play offensive topspin on both sides.
Sponsored Links

hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 10:32am
it is prolly due to ur blade change. Mazunov is an all wood blade which brings u tons of vibration and feel while the Carbokev is not a good feeling blade as far as i know. Btw, it always takes u time to get used to a composite blade from a wood blade. Ur rubber shouldnt be a problem. Bryce and Tackfire can create a lot of spin.
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 10:37am

I would suggest the following:

FH  Joola Tango Extrem

BH back to BTY Sriver

Previously I have tried Tackifire and I had a lot of troubles reason why I dropped it.

Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 10:46am

the mazunov blade is very hard and thick and doesn't have much feeling... I think it is the rubbers this time... the tango rubbers have a wonderful feel, while the bryce and tackifire are awful feeling rubbers... go back to the tango titan on fh and try it out... you will probably feel the difference...

I had the same problem when changing to bryce... my play was destroyed, I started playing a very destructive game instead of the fun mid-distance play

Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 12:41pm

To get good feel with Bryce on a fast racket, you need to speed glue it.  Once primed, you need to glue it until on a normal control stroke, the ball is going well into the sponge (Try using 3 layers glue or whatever it takes to get the sponge to expand).  Once the ball is going into the sponge on moderate strokes, you'll then get very good spin and much much greater feel.

YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 2:20pm
Bryce needs *LOTS* of glue. Then you'll get a super fast and super spinny rubber with *GREAT* softish feeling.
Without enough speed glue it's a spinless and feelingless brick my opinion. If you can't play with this much speed glue go for Bryce FX or Tibhar Torpedo soft. They don't need so much speed glue.
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 6:56pm
I used to glue it 5 layers and then let it lay for 10 min. then ripped it of and added three more... then it was kinda good for bh... but with cermet I could glue 2 layers and get the same feeling only better...

Zmeflyby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zmeflyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 7:10pm
since you changed both ur blade and rubbers, it'll probably take about 1 month or so depending how much you play to get used to the equipments.
Blades:
KLS and KL
Rubbers:
Sriver 2.1 FH
Sriver 2.1 EL BH

Trackfire special 2.1 FH
Trackfire special 2.1 BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opteron250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 2:06pm
Should I play Bryce FH or BH? I think Tackifre rubber is easier to control and somewhat like Sriver. However, I can do more topspins than last week. Hope I get used to it asap. Thanks a lot for your help. Gonna try Stiga carbon speed glue tomorrow :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opteron250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 2:36am
I've just put on Stiga Carbon speed glue. Bryce even gets more difficult to control. I can't even chop well. The ball goes off the racket before I could generate any spin. When I topspin, I hear a loud clicking sound as if it is a smash, not a topspin.... However, when glueing Sriver on my old Mazunov, it adds very much speed besides spin.
Another question, how long you wait for glue to dry out? I wait around 5 mins.
wayneccn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayneccn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 2:44am
well durr... its not the same when u switch rackets. Whats the reason for the switch anyway
primorac penhold
fh raystorm short pips
bh transcend
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 5:52am

You should play bryce bh as it is only good for bh, and tackifire on bh as it is not as bad there  as it is on the bh...

Let the glue dry until it is dry.. it depends on how thick your layers are...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opteron250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 12:06pm
The reason for the switch is I'm looking for a faster setup.
I just need a brush full to make one complete layer. I glue 2 layers on Bryce and 1 on Tackifire. The final layer looks very thin and the rubbers at that time are extremely soft. Should I put a layer on the blade or just on the rubbers?
ryu seungminfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 12:10am
when i dont have any feel i'll use speed glue and it always give good feeling
blade:kokutaku super
rubber:xiom omega 3
right hander

nothing without labour
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic