Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hurricane 3 probs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ben-Jammin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben-Jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hurricane 3 probs
    Posted: 10/09/2015 at 5:09pm
I have recently switched from Tenergy 05 to hurricane 3, partly because of superior control (imo) and serving capabilities but mostly because of serve return. I am finding that the performance of my rubber quickly deteriorates, and I feel like I lose too much grip. This greatly effects my looping, especially when looping heavy backspin serves everything seems to start going into the net. I am pretty sure it is not my form because i have no problem with the sheet when its new.
I story all my paddles in cases and I wipe them down after each use, so I do not know what I am doing wrong. Is there anyway to combat the loss of tackiness, or is it just something that comes along with using tacky rubbers? Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

P.S. i don't boost... yet
TBS FL, T05, T64
Viscaria FL, H3N, T64

Sponsored Links

GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2015 at 5:17pm
Covering your rubber with sheet protectors helps prolong the tackiness.
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
Ben-Jammin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben-Jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2015 at 11:01pm
i thought that just prevented dust from sticking to the rubber
TBS FL, T05, T64
Viscaria FL, H3N, T64

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 3:33am
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

Covering your rubber with sheet protectors helps prolong the tackiness.

Yep, I agree. Clean it well after playing, then squeeze those protection sheets on.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 7:14am
Change to the new sheet, it's cheap!
And that is the only way...
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 10:28am
Just change to a new sheet lol... I need to change once a month. You don't sound like a beginner, so you should get used to changing sheets :)
As for the original topic, maybe there are some rubber cleaners that can restore stickiness? I heard nittaku has a good cleaner, although I never bother with protection films and cleaners. Don't think they actually do that much. What I do use, though, is a case that is completely sealed when I zip it up so that no/very little air gets in. The hurricane topsheet oxidizes easily, and that's what makes the rubber unplayable if you leave it in the air for just a week. 
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 5:24pm
I have a sheet of H3 that is completely oxidizes just like MLfan describes, but the area where the finger rubs the rubber is still sticky. Then I figured out that most Chinese rubbers like H3 can be bring back to life by physical force. I just press very hard at an aera of the rubber with my finger and turn and rub. The rubber then warm up and break down enough to become more sticky.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 10:19am
Anyone has and hurricane or skyline series theyre trying to get rid of ?
I need me some to trade for my haifu whale 3 and shark 3.

I would recommend you to Clean the plastic protectors once a week.
Also as last resort, two drops of olive oil should bring back some tack . But make sure you do it two days before using the actual paddle. Let the rubber topsheet air out for 6 7 hours before covering with protectors.

I also Make sure to wipe excess oil off if its there after the designated time.
Again, this is my last resort.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic