FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Chinese penhold blade for shakehands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
superloop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese penhold blade for shakehands
    Posted: 07/21/2006 at 10:33pm

I was thinking about ordering the Darker Speed 90 chinese penhold blade from iruiru and using it as a shakehands blade.  Has anyone ever tried using a chinese penhold blade as a shakehands blade?  It seems that the head size is similar but the handle is shorter.

I have always wanted to be able to serve with a penhold grip and then flip the blade around and play the rest of the piont shakehands.  I could never figure out a way to do it quickly enough.

superloop

Sponsored Links

President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 11:11pm
If you serve with your backhand rubber while serving penhold, it is easy to flip the paddle to shakehand. Just flip your thumb around to the other side.
Peace out.

JFJ
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 11:23pm
speed 90 c-pen j-510, thickness only 8,5mm. i think it is more slow than the j-pen (sg-910).
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 1:53am
you should just get a shakehand blade and serve penhold with that.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 11:33am
I agree with the above post
Peace out.

JFJ
pokerden View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 12:14pm
why not just cut down one of your shakehand blade handles. I have played shakehand with penhold blades...the problem seems that I hold the blade stiffer since I am afraid I am going to let it go and send it flying. My wrist is not as relaxed.
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 12:28pm
C-Pen blade for shakehand pay should feel head heavy. CG's shifted with a shorter handle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic