Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to play against Pimples Player?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kamus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to play against Pimples Player?
    Posted: 07/24/2006 at 5:31am
Guys ..

Any tips on How to play against short and long Pimples Player?

Sponsored Links

YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2006 at 8:31am
This forum contains many threads about these topics. Read them first and then ask more specific questions
kamus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2006 at 11:44pm

sorry i didn't find any such topics title in this forum.

anyway i'll try to be specific. Should i make long service or short? is it side spin,underspin or topspin? which is easier for me to attack? What kind of attack should i start.. looping, smashing or topspin?

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 2:12am
Too broad a question, its better to ask a coach for an in-depth explanation. But here are several principles that you should know; pimples of any kind can hit through spin, pimples need spin to control the flight path of the ball, pimples can not reverse spin easily (ie top-spin vs top-spin), the lack of surface contact and sponge thickness makes it hard to spin strongly.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 2:56am
In fact  yours is a very broad question ! Play against long pimps or short is very different and it takes a lon time training but, first of all, the basic is to understand the ball reaction and the kind of rubber used by the other player.I would suggest to get used to a video and after that a basic training with your coach.
Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 3:33am
Originally posted by kamus kamus wrote:

sorry i didn't find any such topics title in this forum.

... because most threads are named "HELP ME!" or whatever other useless name. This is the major drawback of this forum. People can't really use the search function. This is why they keep asking the same questions over and over again. The moderators should change the topic names if they don't reflect the topic of the thread.
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2006 at 4:26pm
First
Short and long pimples should not be classed together. Short pimples are a 'normal rubber' which empasize speed and control whereas reverse rubbers empasize spin and power.
Long pimples and anti too are usually used in combo with reverse to confuse your opponent
Aganst short pips you simply hve to adapt to the fast style.
Against long pips it is often said give them as little spin as possible. Hovever you have to still maintain pressure in some way.
Thats enough for now
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic