Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serving trick serves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serving trick serves
    Posted: 07/25/2006 at 3:08am
I have alot of trick serves up my sleeve, and i always wonder whether to use them or not. i use no spin, disguise topspin as chop serve, the reverse serves. i always feel bad after i use them, i get lotsa points from them. i ususally use them in a pinch or when playing a player that i know will cream me. never against a lower leveled player.
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
Sponsored Links

azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 4:46am
a good serve will usually wins a point... trick-out all your serves and you are surely to win the match  ... but i feel that, mixing it up with the normal serve will be much better and safer...because you can never know that sometimes your trick serve hits the net or its just loose control and popped up...
Vassily View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 5:19am
Most trick serves tend to be topspin, and if the opponent is not tricked, you die.
Nittaku Acoustic FL    T05    Acuda S2 2.0mm
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 6:34am
the best way to take care of trick serve is to watch the flight of the ball. The flight of the ball will tell what type of spin is coming. In that way you dont care what trick the opponent is making.
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 6:34am
see: aaron li throwing ball against stationary bat held in FH corner party trick.

pretty strong top/side.

ill be honest, the first time someone did this completly illeagle serve, i put it about 1m higher then the net, and about half a meter off to the side of the table.

after that, it was pretty simple to cream tho.
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 9:39am
whose aaron li?
Nasilemak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasilemak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 4:25am

its all about the point of contact.... u seen ryu seung mins serve close up ? its brilliant.

:s sometimes i snap my wrist so fast in 2 directions to confuse my opponent I dont know what spin i put on.

Blade - Yasaka Gatien
Rubbers- Hurricane III Provincial Sheet (forehand)
Stiga Magna ( bh)

Glue - stiga energy on magna,
special glue on hurricane
petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 9:36am

Aaron Li is a Chinese player who plays in the New Zealand team.

Petermoo

Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 10:32am
Yeah Ryu Seung Min even had Wang Liqin bamboozled in the one match I saw.
the_ownage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_ownage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2006 at 4:27am
how can u produce alota spin. i neveer seem able to produce very heavy spin even though i use my wrist
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2006 at 6:42am
The wrist is a joint, not a muscle. What you're mistaking for "wrist" is actually just moving the bat up and down, to get the kind that makes lots of spin relax your hand and chop down with your forearm.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2006 at 9:25am
Ya it's the same for me  - only use trick serves to win points. But if I'm doing ok and having a lead I'd use a few simple serves to play third balls. Got to give the other player a chance to remain in the game. Coz some players are good at rallies and not at receiving serves.
kmh888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmh888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2006 at 12:13pm

Yeah its true..... If someone reads your topspin serve disguised as chop, your dead.

Its good if you have a heavy chop that looks like topspin, lol so funny when people try to punch heavy chop serves.

Gatien Extra
FH: Hurricane Provincial
BH: Palio CJ800 Speed

Special thick glue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic