FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Europe Top 16

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2016 at 8:54am
TWO MORE SERVICE KEEPERS SHALL HELP OUT.

Yes, Tossing the ball longway enough would oftentimes completely redeem for not-verticality of the toss.
See the scheme 10.3.2

INCIDENTALLY. FOR YOUR BETTER INFORMATION. BADMINTON "SERVICE KEEPERS".     
Badminton game employs a head umpire and two assistant umpires "SERVICE KEEPERS" on both sides of the net whose primarily job is looking for the service illegalities.   ThE service keeper empowered to issue a service penalty on his own, without consulting the head umpire.
   You can rarely see any service violence with badminton players. Good police will secure a good discipline, you know.
Table tennis needs the service keepers so much. Yes.     
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2016 at 9:51am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

I just asked who among the forum members is serving legal, because it is well accepted Pro's are not... Big smile

My serve is so legal that my opponents come to me after the matches and ask me why I don't serve "better". LOL
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2016 at 3:29pm
Totally uckin Unacceptable!!!!!!!   Angry

These players acting as if they are not knowingly using illegal serves. Utter disrespect for TT and its rules. Poor role models for young TT players

And the International Umpires are good for shite.
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2016 at 8:48pm
THE SLACK WIT, DROWSY PERSON OVER 70 y.o. IS A MOCKERY OF UMPIRE.

For badminton events, an olderman can't act as umpire if past the age 65.
And the Tennis umpire cant do in the field if past 60.
Socker Football, Ice Chockey -- age 50 is the expire date for the umpire in field.

Table tennis is practically the world's ONLY sport (except for the Classic Chess) that did formulated no requirements upon the umpire's age allowance. Those infirm people over 70 now all admitted to hold the chief umpire's position in the field.
Not good for our sport.   So many drowsy oldermen and olderwimen well past 70, they will now mostly take the head position throughout the sport. Some sheer absurdity.

WE NEED A KEENSIGHTED, NIMBL MAN FOR DOING THE UMPIRE'S JOB.

Pinpong is known to be the fastest sport ever, and it would take a most nimbl, responsive person to control the game. Those sleepy olderman can't do the job well. Sheer absurdity.

Edited by igorponger - 02/08/2016 at 9:14pm
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 6:34am
Fundamental change in tt is needed!
I know for cases myself at international competitions where umpires were just sleeping and waiting their 100 years anniversary.

Igor is correct here - for the fastest sport with ball ....Umpires are the slowest.
When I played at tournament in Australia 11 years ago - one of my basic Umpires by luck was 82 years old. And he was not the elder on the tournament.
I have big respect to elder people, but many laws are limited for them in the life, car-license, work with another machines and so on.
Why these old people to be allowed to lead matches they can't by physical reason?
Their eyes are not so fast at these years.

I had conversation year ago with an old person around 60 y.o who is often said during rallies: Oh, I didn't see the ball, sorry!
And that man told me if he gets pension soon he will go to be a professional umpire for tt!
God...

As people have not clear value on their skills (no matter umpires or players with hidden serving) I am offering video control. Twice catch in fault - 1 year punishment out of any ITTF competition.

Then we will be able to watch very nice table tennis, really.
At the finals will be not so skilled, but honest players.
Handshake

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 6:49am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

I just asked who among the forum members is serving legal, because it is well accepted Pro's are not... Big smile

My serve is so legal that my opponents come to me after the matches and ask me why I don't serve "better". LOL

Tell them next time: "Well, I am looking to play table-tennis, not jiji-biji" LOL
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

When I watch a match like Monteiro - Samsonov, I kinda cringe and ask why Vladi doesn't retire, but then I recall his German Open performance from just a week ago. My guess is that he was just tired - and indeed one week to do two major tournaments is simply not good for a 40-yr old athlete.
 Definitely agree.
The Older I get, The better I was.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 2:19pm
As for service legality, they are all just trying to win, its their living, the rules are for the umpires, if they are not strict enough the blame is with them, not the players, and ultimately down to the ITTF.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

As for service legality, they are all just trying to win, its their living, the rules are for the umpires, if they are not strict enough the blame is with them, not the players, and ultimately down to the ITTF.

You gotta be kidding???????   "the rules are for the umpires"  Read that over to yourself 10 times.

OK, the rules are for the umpires to interpenetrate and enforce, the rules are made by the ITTF, if they are so ambiguous that players can exploit them to their advantage, then they will. The trouble is, there is no point of '16cm throw up' that can be accurately measured by an umpire, or 'contact must be seen by the receiver'  or angle of throw back that cannot be accurately measured. So in any of these rules,at what point in the scope of variation is illegality measured?

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic