Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Table tennis clubs in South Korea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
edriane View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edriane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table tennis clubs in South Korea
    Posted: 03/05/2016 at 11:09am
Hope you all doing well. I’m heading to South Korea 2017. Seoul I think. Im looking for a club that I can train and increase my level of playing. Like pay for a membership or something and someone be by my side to tell me what I’m doing good or wrong. I'll be there for like 4 o 6 mouth and those mouths are for training. If you guys know how much would it cost to be in a club where they can help me in this type of situation? Thanks
Edriane
Sponsored Links

LuckyBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2016 at 2:05pm
There are many, many clubs in Seoul. Most clubs were recreational. You pay for a membership, and that usually includes ~30 min or so of training per week with a coach. More can be arranged if you pay for it. The average player is around 1000 - 1500 USATT, though you will find some much more skillful players roaming around.
If you're an accomplished player and want regimented training, you need to find a team - school, university, etc. - whatever fits your level. Unfortunately, in my experience, they've been quite closed. You need to have some credentials or someone who can vouch for your level.

Get in contact with https://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc/ or user BH-Man.
They might be able to help you sort things out.
edriane View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edriane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2016 at 4:26pm
Well, I’m just a frustrated table tennis player trying to prove my skills trying to put the uniform of my country and represent it one dat. I've ben doing this since 2008 but my level hasn't exploded yet. I Hope those 6 or 4 mouths in Korea I can gain more experience and be a better table tennis player.
Edriane
ttRadar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttRadar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2016 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by LuckyBob LuckyBob wrote:

There are many, many clubs in Seoul. Most clubs were recreational. You pay for a membership, and that usually includes ~30 min or so of training per week with a coach. More can be arranged if you pay for it. The average player is around 1000 - 1500 USATT, though you will find some much more skillful players roaming around.
If you're an accomplished player and want regimented training, you need to find a team - school, university, etc. - whatever fits your level. Unfortunately, in my experience, they've been quite closed. You need to have some credentials or someone who can vouch for your level.

Get in contact with https://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc/ or user BH-Man.
They might be able to help you sort things out.

Hi Bob,

Are you able to add some of the Seoul table tennis clubs on www.ttRadar.com?
You will notice under http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74658&PN=1#922590 that there is a very good attempt to list all clubs in the world in one place, and make them easily searchable.

Thanks
TG
nguyenkatori View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nguyenkatori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 1:10am
Maybe it's a little bit old. But can anyone recommend me some clubs near Konkuk Station area in Seoul? Thank you.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 1:30am
Type in the Korean word for TT (Takku - ask a korean to do it) into map.naver.com (after you center map on your target)

Here is a snip. Han-Arum TTC is 800 meters north of KK stn. (Club D) 

There are 8 clubs or so within 3 km.

Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic