FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Evolution EL-P thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 2:09am
Originally posted by 4ugustu 4ugustu wrote:

fxp is faster than jp02? :O

generally soft rubbers are faster at low and medium power , on a fast blade. if the softer rubber has porous sponge (like fxp), and the harder rubber has small pored sponge (like jp02), the effect is still greater.
On ALC blades, you will find jp02 (or el-p) to be faster than fx-p only on forehand and at high power.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

bluefire jp series: The speed of bluefire jp01 is less than bluefire M1 and M2, more or less equal to el-p and mx-p. 

Seguso, I think, you're implying here that JP01 is equal to EL-P or MX-P but less fast than M2?

I find MX-P faster than M2 and much faster than JP01. Perhaps, you're talking about bounciness rather than pace / power?

Also, I played with JP02 2.0 a while ago. I found it as fast as T64 but less bouncy at the table.
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I find MX-P faster than M2 and much faster than JP01. Perhaps, you're talking about bounciness rather than pace / power?

Agreed.

I had M2 on my Yasaka Extra and when I replaced it with a MX-P the upgrade in speed was sensible and the diminished dwell time was welcomed on this blade.

I have EL-P and MX-P on an ALC blade and MX-P is faster, but I feel like EL-P bounciness is not linear, it feels hard on very soft strokes and when the ball goes deep into his softer sponge the catapult is a bit abrupt compared with MX-P. M2 has it too, but with the EL-P I find it even more evident. On my FH where most of my strokes are active it doesn't bothers me a bit and I enjoy EL-P, but I didn't adapt very well to this characteristic on my BH.

Edited by Nasche - 06/27/2016 at 2:32pm
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
Tibhar Evolution MX-P BH/FH
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 3:36am
I would like to try something a bit slower than MXP because i cant train as much as before.  Im not sure wheter to try EL-P or maybe M2. Both have around the same Sponge hardness, which one would you go for it? I also use FXS and i love it, but i feel its too mushy for my FH. BTW, i´m playing with RWV.

Thanks for you support.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 3:46am
@jonyer

If mxp is too fast for you (strange, I find it a slow rubber, much slower than m1 or rasant turbo), you should try mxs. (and get used to a lower throw)

m2 has much less control than el-p, especially against backspin. very difficult to kill against backspin with m2: either you go out or to net. really poor control. with m2, against a good chopper you cannot win, there is no angle that produces the right shot. too bad, because it has good properties: it's the only medium hardness rubber which is fast and high throw (except butterfly). 

elp is a very good rubber, incredible control, but a bit slow, unless you have, say, clipper cr or above. it's ok if you can't get used to the lower throw of mxs, but you need to have a fast blade.

Edited by seguso - 01/04/2017 at 3:53am
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 8:31am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

@jonyer

If mxp is too fast for you (strange, I find it a slow rubber, much slower than m1 or rasant turbo), you should try mxs. (and get used to a lower throw)

m2 has much less control than el-p, especially against backspin. very difficult to kill against backspin with m2: either you go out or to net. really poor control. with m2, against a good chopper you cannot win, there is no angle that produces the right shot. too bad, because it has good properties: it's the only medium hardness rubber which is fast and high throw (except butterfly). 

elp is a very good rubber, incredible control, but a bit slow, unless you have, say, clipper cr or above. it's ok if you can't get used to the lower throw of mxs, but you need to have a fast blade.

@Seguso

Thanks for your reply! I dont consider MXP a really fast rubber, but the bat angle it´s quite demanding if you deal with heavy spins and must it´s got less margin of mistake. Sometimes i struggle with heavy backspin or heavy sidespins.  I like my RWV but it´s not the easiest 5ply blade specially on short game.  I´m also quite reluctant  to change my blade since i´ve been playing with it for 4 seasons and  it´s the most critic change once you get used to it.  I also thought about to "downgrade" to any more control blade (I own acoustic&JRE) and keeping same rubbers but FXS will probable feel too mushy on them.

OTOH I´ve tried MXS but i´t also quite demanding for lazy players: It´s maybe the greatest of Evo´s but it requires perfect footwork, position and technique: honestly, not for my current situation.Dead 
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic