Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Choosing DHS Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2016 at 6:48am
@icontek, just curious. What kind of grip do you use? SH, PH or RPB. What is your style like? Close table attacker? Mid, far looper? I too miss viable rubbers that are good in the short game. But am usually a mid to far table looper. When opponents get defensive and play it close, I lose unnecessary points because the H8 for me at least, is not too good for really close table games. I really want to kick myself for that.

And yes I like the Acuda P2 too! Currently using it on my BH. 😊 Came from Tibhar Evo series but preferred the Acuda Blue Series.

@Bobplus yeap Bob. But I did mention it would be best if those rubbers are stated in the website I provided at first post. As all these provincial, national etc rubbers are too elusive! I'm the kind of guy who walks by a TT shop, go in and grab what I need. Which is widely and easily available.
The next worry is after getting a non packaged Hurricane is to worry about its authenticity. Would rather not tread down this road and am heeding the advice from our fellow forum members.

But all of you have pretty much given me very good descriptions where I can make my decisions easily now. Thanks again guys! 😄
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2016 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Bobpuls Bobpuls wrote:

And you forgeting the TG3-60 National .... oooo this is rubber for BH ..... The control is just the best ....
And for the FH I`m Going for TG2 National ...... Better spin and control then H3 National .

where you get TG3-60 National?
Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2016 at 8:01am
www.prott.cc
Custom carbon/aramid off FH DHS H8 BH DHS TG 3-60
Custom carbon off++ FH DHS TG2 BS BH DHS TG3-60 National

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2016 at 3:22pm
Hello guys!
I've been using the TG3-60 Mid Hard version. And like it very much!
It fits my strokes perfectly and is very easy to loop with! Very precise, enough spin and speed for me.

Thank you especially to Grandpa, Schen and Piligrim. It plays very close to your descriptions.
And the H3-50 feels more dead indeed. Tackier top sheet but speed is just lacklustre(unboosted).
To onehander, haven't tried the H3 National yet though. Too crazy a price still!

Also something to add, as I play RPB. Weight is quite an important factor to my game.
The TG3-60 while I understand slight weight differences are common.
Is 11g difference a norm? (Please see pictures) My friends and I put 4 sheets together with 2 being closer weight to a Xiom Vega Europe(Surprsingly) and the other two well over the mark. All versions are mid-hard.

While I like this rubber... This is quite a frustrating point!

Edited by Chewy - 07/19/2016 at 3:23pm
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2016 at 5:10pm
The density and weight of every rubber can vary quite a bit, especially with Chinese rubbers - I suppose the new-sponged versions of H3 and TG3 are no exception.  I've had sheets of commercial NEO vary as much as 10g uncut as well.  I also have a device to test sponge hardness and found substantial variation there as well, not only with Chinese rubber but Japanese as well (TSP).
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2016 at 8:15pm
I think all rubbers very in weight, I've read where Timo Bol selects the heaviest Ten. 05 he can get. I would think if you have a shop that sells products and had your own scale one could do the same thing.
Shifter
Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2016 at 3:24am
The national version (four corners) of tg3-60 had 63,7 grams.
And the commercial version had 61.9 grams.

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2016 at 4:13am
Looks like it's a common issue then. If I were playing a shake hand blade I probably won't bother about the weights.
Agreed if I have a local shop that I could weigh, however some rubber packagings require you to rip through the package.
Which is close to impossible to weigh it before purchase.
TG-360 happens to be those that you have to tear off the packaging. :(

Looks like I got to suck it up and get used to heavy setups for RPB!
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2016 at 9:04am
I would say go through weighting them with the whole package so you should still be able to find the lightest one from the pack even without knowing their exact weight.

I always think TG360 is the lightest DHS out there. Just weight them with package on and result as follows. 

TG360 is like 85 to 86g. H350 is 94 to 96g. H8 is heavy at 98g+. TA5 is around 100g. GA is about the same. 
Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2016 at 9:10am
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

I would say go through weighting them with the whole package so you should still be able to find the lightest one from the pack even without knowing their exact weight.

I always think TG360 is the lightest DHS out there. Just weight them with package on and result as follows. 

TG360 is like 85 to 86g. H350 is 94 to 96g. H8 is heavy at 98g+. TA5 is around 100g. GA is about the same. 

TG3-60 85 to 86 G ... did you notice the weight on the scales ?

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2016 at 10:08am
As mentioned they are weighted with package in g.

Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2016 at 10:34am
Sorry you are right i have overlooked this. But now we have photos :-)

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2016 at 12:26pm
Thanks for the further contribution guys.

Ok... just hope the shop owners will allow me to do this(Weighing rubbers)!
Am also about to try looping with the Donic Baracuda soon.

Have found the right Chinese rubber in DHS TG360, going through a couple of RPB blades.
If the ESN Baracuda works for me... think it can finally curb my EJ symptoms! For a while... Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic