Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Praktissmate and 40+ ball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Praktissmate and 40+ ball
    Posted: 07/22/2016 at 3:17pm
I finally got around to setting up my praktissmate 1 robot and added the 40+ balls (both gambler 3 stars and yinhe 3 stars in the blue box as well as some kingnik. 

Sadly the feeding tube is too tight. I guess it is either use some older celluloid balls with the robot or eventually get a new robot.

just an FYI if you see one on ebay.
Sponsored Links

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2016 at 7:25am
Years ago when I was looking for a robot I really liked the Practismate and would have bought it except that there was no UK dealer.
I was very impressed with the inventor/seller so hopefully he will properly support his customers and send you a mod-kit. He was a poster here on MYTT.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2016 at 2:11pm
Based on the construction I doubt a modification will be possible. The new balls are just too big to fit through the vertical or horizontal feed tubes. The question I have to deal with is whether to buy a batch or celluloid balls (I am very low) or do I eventually get a new robot. The praktissmate is a sturdy robot with the ability to impart an insane amount of top spin, but it has its quirks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic