Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stupid players

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pete73 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stupid players
    Posted: 07/28/2016 at 4:38pm
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 5:12pm
This is why i hate Manhattan, too many rich a**holes think they can do whatever they want whenever they want.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 5:29pm
I would arrest them both!
I hate stuff like this, and really annoys me when players dress weirdly (similar to that lame ping pong movie that came out few years ago. They just make TT unprofessional sport!
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Pete73 Pete73 wrote:

Couple-o-jerks.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
The Canadian Bacon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Canadian Bacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 7:13pm
It's USHER but it's the jeweller’s usual stunt right outside his store.

TMZ ran the story... http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/28/usher-street-ping-pong-match/

This is usher for you guys who don't know who he is...

Edited by The Canadian Bacon - 07/28/2016 at 7:27pm
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 9:00pm
Wow! A bit of fun, I think...

Some TT players are so Anally Retentive...

Live and let live...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

Wow! A bit of fun, I think...

Some TT players are so Anally Retentive...

Live and let live...

Well, to be sure it is hardly a high crime.  Just jerky behavior is all.  

Such things are all fun and games until someone comes and pees in your Cheerios just so they can do something silly. It often isn't so much fun when the shoe is on the other foot.

Manhattan in heavy traffic and for five minutes seems a bit much to me.  If they did it for a few minutes on a residential street, I could go along with "live and let live."

Live and let live is what they aren't letting the people inside the cars do. 

live and let live

1. (idiomatic) To be tolerant; to enjoy the pleasures and opportunities which life offers and to allow others to do the same.

It's a one-sided stunt.  That's the problem.

Edited by wturber - 07/28/2016 at 9:28pm
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 5:23am
5 Minutes... Tik Tok, Tik Tok, Tik...

... Time to be tolerant let some other guys have a bit of fun...

Some TT players are so ... ...

1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 6:56am
I have only the dimmest knowledge of who Usher is, but TMZ aside, he is hardly a ping pong novice, let alone a ping pong master.  Let us hope that he is definitely more proficient at singing R & B and acting (which according to wikipedia he certainly is), and that he does not choose to display his self-indulgent awkwardness at table tennis or his greater aptitude for being a pretty well known R & B performer (though not to me) on 6th Ave., by tieing up traffic, even if only for five minutes, and possibly endangering both self and partner Mr, Flawless to a road raged New Yorker.  That was not exactly sensible. 

You do not have to be an anally retentive table tennis player to realize this.  You need only be the kind of person who understands that you can't do whatever you please wherever you please whenever you please.

Edited by berndt_mann - 07/29/2016 at 9:15pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 7:45am
They should be arrested or at least stopped by blocking traffic intentionally.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Canadian Bacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 8:35am
SI was among the many that ran a piece, Usher the R&B artist, help put out to the masses ping pong/table tennis for a little over a minute"FREE ADVERTISING" to game/sport, the only branding was on the table.

When Suicide Squad was in TO during a North American event, a shout out went to Big Will and cast to come look ...Big Will didn't show up but i spotted a Nigerian from Britain in the stands under a cap...but i didn't take the shot so i can't proved it. The stay was for about 5-10 minutes in the stand (btw they both paid $10 each for entry) and then he left when someone came calling. (No media in sight till much later)

Usher travels with a table when on tour like many others, so there is potential there...usually when these guys turn up when invited, media follows!

No media is bad media when Table Tennis needs to step up to another level like another racket sport without the table, you might think it's bad press, i have not seen it....many bad comments (haters for whatever reasons are everywhere) regarding the stunt though but nothing bad mentioned about the sportWink

Edited by The Canadian Bacon - 07/29/2016 at 8:36am
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 9:40am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

This is why i hate Manhattan, too many rich a**holes think they can do whatever they want whenever they want.

Lets debunk stereotypes here.

- Not everybody in Manhattan is rich. Furthermore, there is no evidence that these guys in the video are rich. 
- a**holes come in all forms. Rich & poor. From large populated areas to small.

Before someone chimes in thinking this. I'm not from Manhattan. Been there just once in my life. It's was just okay. 

Edited by suds79 - 07/29/2016 at 9:41am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 10:19am
"They just make TT unprofessional sport"  Are you kidding?  You think PP is anywhere near being viewed as a professional sport in North America?  Things are going to change slowly here, if ever.  I think Usher playing PP on a big street is good exposure.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 11:15am
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

- Not everybody in Manhattan is rich. Furthermore, there is no evidence that these guys in the video are rich. 

Before someone chimes in thinking this. I'm not from Manhattan. Been there just once in my life. It's was just okay. 

Usher is a famous performer and producer.  I think he qualifies as rich.  The guy running the stunt is a famous jeweler.  There's a pretty good change he has a shekel or two as well. 
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 11:17am
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

Since you want to dissect my purely subjective OPINION...

Lets review some basic logic in your statement.

- There was no "Every person in Manhattan is rich so they must be an "a**hole" in my original statement so i was not implying that every rich person in Manhattan is an a**hole.

- Yes there is no evidence that these guys in the video are rich, but based on the fact that this looks like rush hour traffic i would say "Have you ever seen a middle/lower class person play TT during rush hour on one of the busiest streets in NYC?".... Naw.... people have jobs and their families to feed/be with their loved ones after work.

- Your third statement is also an opinion, just like my original statement, so it does not debunk anything. 

Before someone else decides to logically rebuke/debate my original statement, which i remind them is a purely subjective OPINION... think about this: "Wow these guys are so good at ping pong, i want to learn and play more!... -while I sit in this crazy traffic after working my 9-5 shift-" or "Woah slow down this ambulance, although our patient might be having a heart attack, lets enjoy this wonderful display of ping pong skill in the middle of the road!".... 

I hope you get the point.
Coming from a person who lived/worked in NYC. Wink

PS.. this does nothing in terms of exposure for our sport except maybe TMZ having a story about it and watching TMZ, in its entirety, is like drinking bleach. Maybe put some high ranked US/Canadian players in a park doing crazy rallies to attract attention (Bryant park would be a good example), or maybe do a crazy TT stunt right on the pier where people are walking and relaxing and see some cool display of REAL Table tennis.  But ofcourse media wouldnt cover that s**t because most of ordinary folks who do not play TT wouldnt know anyone from TOP10 US/CAN. 

BTW now this is a cool media stunt:

But a more realistic approach would be this:

Edited by DreiZ - 07/29/2016 at 11:44am
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
KleinesDickesAilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KleinesDickesAilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 11:37am
OK guys, here's the inevitable question:

What equipment is Usher using?

SmileBig smileCensoredPigYing YangHandshake
Kugelblitz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Canadian Bacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 1:08pm
Colestt premade 😁

Respect to ely 🤗

Looks like a killerspin table

Edited by The Canadian Bacon - 07/29/2016 at 1:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic