FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Videos of liulin04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Videos of liulin04
    Posted: 08/22/2016 at 2:02am
Finally got a video of my match today versus my friends.  I'm the guy in the white short.  My friend is about 2000.

Edited by liulin04 - 08/22/2016 at 1:27pm
Sponsored Links

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 9:18am
Very impressive. You are the one with Jpen and RPB, right?
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 11:46am
Yes sir. Changed from cpen rpb to traditional jpen and then to jpen rpb
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 11:51am
out of curiosity, what is the difference between cpen and jpen RPB , aside from the grip?
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 1:26pm
For me personally, jpen packs more punch in speed and power, especially when it comes to the backhand RPB punch.  Also, I loop much better in speed and power using jpen compared to cpen.  I think all of the fh's missed in the video might be due to the new Tenergy 05 haven't fully broken into yet.  I only played with the rubber for just two sessions.  Glued it last week.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 4:28pm
sorry, I wasn't clear.  could you comment on differences on  the RPB technique (execution) between the two styles (if any)
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 4:43pm
nice fluid style. I've done business many times with you, - good transactions. Not sure why I always though you are older.
These ain't no short tho. These are mediums. Saive would quit a tournament if forced to wear those.. :)
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

nice fluid style. I've done business many times with you, - good transactions. Not sure why I always though you are older.
These ain't no short tho. These are mediums. Saive would quit a tournament if forced to wear those.. :)

I don't fit in my tt shorts anymore... CryCryCry
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

sorry, I wasn't clear.  could you comment on differences on  the RPB technique (execution) between the two styles (if any)

The only difference in RPB execution for the 2 styles is timing.  Since I use KTS for Jpen RPB, I have to step a feet or so away than I normally do with my cpen RPB.  KTS is also thicker compared to my old TB T5000 cpen which is 5.7mm thick or so.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

The only difference in RPB execution for the 2 styles is timing.  Since I use KTS for Jpen RPB, I have to step a feet or so away than I normally do with my cpen RPB.  KTS is also thicker compared to my old TB T5000 cpen which is 5.7mm thick or so.

thanks, I am thinking of getting a jpen just for kicks ( I play SH)
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 12:45am
the guy you played with didn't even throw the ball properly, he was throwing the ball when his hand is above his head ...

Anyway, back to the topic, I tried jpen with rpb with my kts red also, but due to the thickness, it's very easy to hit the blade if you do in table loop or in table rbp, and I just don't want to put any dent on my KTS haha.

But yea, I agree the taking a step back for rpb because the power is strong and the ball throws longer.

Edited by qualizon - 08/23/2016 at 12:46am
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 10:37am

For me personally, jpen packs more punch in speed and power, especially when it comes to the backhand RPB punch.  Also, I loop much better in speed and power using jpen compared to cpen.

+1 Truer words have never been spoken.

I have a Jpen & a few Cpens. For some reason, they cannot touch how much power & speed that Jpen can bring.

Although I usually contend that I can spin better with my cpens.

Must mean with the grip of the finger wrapped around that cork I hit more into the ball and on cpen where i don't wrap my finger as tightly around the handle i tend to hit the ball thinner. IDK

Edited by suds79 - 08/23/2016 at 10:38am
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 11:30am
[QUOTE=qualizon]the guy you played with didn't even throw the ball properly, he was throwing the ball when his hand is above his head ...

I didn't know there was a rule about where in your toss the ball had to leave the hand.  It may not be normal, but I think it's legal.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

good looking play sir!

Thank you my friend.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

[QUOTE=qualizon]the guy you played with didn't even throw the ball properly, he was throwing the ball when his hand is above his head ...

I didn't know there was a rule about where in your toss the ball had to leave the hand.  It may not be normal, but I think it's legal.

The problem is not where as long as it starts over the table surface, but how much the ball rises from the start of the toss. Official rules said at least 16cm. So in this case, this player might have created an illusion that he has toss the ball high enough, but instead he might have just toss it less than 10cm because the ball didn't leave his hand when his arm is at table level, but at his head level.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 3:26pm
Good sounding trash talking to go w good play!
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 4:20pm
Lol why does almost every American player complain about serves?Seriously if Americans put that much focus on the game instead they'd probably be one of the best countries in the world.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Lol why does almost every American player complain about serves?Seriously if Americans put that much focus on the game instead they'd probably be one of the best countries in the world.

they don't.

it's just the people on the internet forums for some ridiculous reason like to turn everything that could be about table tennis into a shitshow about complaining about legality of serves. real players can see the forest for the trees. 
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

For me personally, jpen packs more punch in speed and power, especially when it comes to the backhand RPB punch.  Also, I loop much better in speed and power using jpen compared to cpen.

+1 Truer words have never been spoken.

I have a Jpen & a few Cpens. For some reason, they cannot touch how much power & speed that Jpen can bring.

Although I usually contend that I can spin better with my cpens.

Must mean with the grip of the finger wrapped around that cork I hit more into the ball and on cpen where i don't wrap my finger as tightly around the handle i tend to hit the ball thinner. IDK

Former Jpen and Cpen player here... The Jpen's thin grip allows you to use your fingers more to feel, adjust to the ball, and accelerate the paddle, but the Cpen is more stable due to the larger grip area.  With Cpen your wrist must be super-flexible (like Ma Lin or Wang Hao's) to compensate for the more limited finger movements.  Also due to the shorter blade length of Cpen, a straighter arm swing when looping is preferred.

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 6:20pm
Has anyone here actually altered their Jpen for rubber on both sides?

I've often thought about it with my Nittaku Aurline 8.8 because it hits so well, I almost don't want to risk getting something else. But I do understand that there are other Jpens made for both sides.

If I were to alter mine, i'd have to peel off this black almost very thin plastic cover or whatever from the backside of my blade and sand off the rounded cork on the back to be flat. It's crossed my mind but haven't ever had the courage to pull the trigger for fear of jacking up what's a really nice blade.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

they don't.

it's just the people on the internet forums for some ridiculous reason like to turn everything that could be about table tennis into a shitshow about complaining about legality of serves. real players can see the forest for the trees. 

well, just sharing what I was told from a registered umpire. What is considered as a shitshow and real player? If you don't appreciate the sharing, just ignore. Often shitshow is made by the people who make a big deal on commenting on top of other people's comment.

Edited by qualizon - 08/23/2016 at 10:51pm
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

Has anyone here actually altered their Jpen for rubber on both sides?

I've often thought about it with my Nittaku Aurline 8.8 because it hits so well, I almost don't want to risk getting something else. But I do understand that there are other Jpens made for both sides.

If I were to alter mine, i'd have to peel off this black almost very thin plastic cover or whatever from the backside of my blade and sand off the rounded cork on the back to be flat. It's crossed my mind but haven't ever had the courage to pull the trigger for fear of jacking up what's a really nice blade.

I've done that with one of my kts, i basically remove part of the back cork sheet so that the I can glue a bigger portion of the back rubber without overlapping with the cork sheet.

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic