Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zhang Jike SZLC with Tenergy 05?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zhang Jike SZLC with Tenergy 05?
    Posted: 08/27/2016 at 11:29pm
Has anyone tried this ultimate of combos? I borrowed this set-up off an new player at my club for 2 minutes of counterhits and never before have counterhits felt better. 

It makes sense that the most expensive set up will have a placebo effect and this was the first time that I'd tried Tenergy 05 (I had one set of 64 and 80 about 6 months ago) but those two minutes were amazing.  I was so surprised by how good it felt, my control and power both seemed to go up by about 40%. 

Maybe I am exactly the level of player that would benefit from the supposed larger sweet spot?

Does anyone play with this combo? And are they willing to admit it?LOL

Sponsored Links

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 2:54am
Simon_plays, I tried this setup a month ago and since then, I havent changed other blade or rubbers. Everyone was saying that it is so fast and so difficult to handle and, and, and... Well I play the last year close to table cause of a problem I have, and this year I have tried about 25 blades and around 5 different rubbers to see what fits to my new game play. A month ago I decided to buy a zhang jike super zlc and also to give a try with this expensive and strange blade. It has a great power BUT I cannot understand how can be SO controled. As I said, I play close to the table and I tried many off, off- and all+ blades to see what will fit to me, but when I tried this fast off blade I saw how my game changed in better way. It has a low arc so it fits really well to those who play close to the table because it doesn't lifts the ball so it stays in the table. It creates so much spin but you must have experience in order to understand that, because due to the low arc most of the players think that it cannot create so much spin.Of course you must change your movews a little bit when u loop but it will not takes you too much for that. Where it REALLY helped me...
-is in my serves, they improved a lot!
-at my first ball after the opponent serve!
-and in block, this blade really blocks well.
Well I will agree with the players who say that it is a little strange blade and you will have to make changes in your moves but since you get use to it, you will have a real weapon.
Something last, I use tenergy 05 on both sides but in 1,9mm, which I suggest to EVERYONE for every blade. When you play with 1,9mm you have so sensation game cause you feel your blade more and you have more control of your blade.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
kprimorac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kprimorac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 3:47am
I played with Maze Carbon, Viscaria (old and new tag) before switching to ZJK SZLC since nearly 2 years, with T05 2,1 mm both sides, I have more spin, more speed with the same level of control (may be more than Maze), this blade is probably one of the best blades for loopers.

Take note that serie N is better than serie O or P.

Good luck .

Edited by kprimorac - 08/28/2016 at 4:00am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 7:09am
kprimorac, how you say that about the series?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 11:07am
Lots of people in my city are using that combination and it is very good for some players, just make sure that you do something besides just hit counters before deciding you like it!  Also consider that you could by three viscarias for the price.
kprimorac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kprimorac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

kprimorac, how you say that about the series?

I tried 3 produced in 2014 (serial number begins with N letter), 2 produced in 2015 (serie O), the ones with N letters give more feel, more spin with similar speed (with the same weight and T05 on both sides), I tried also a few serie P blades and the owners are also the same opinion.

Just my personal experiences and some others owners !!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 1:35pm
kprimorac my friend I am a collector and I know how you can feel the differences between the series. I mean you have to try at least 4 blades of the same series so you can make a result for them and not being a coincidence. As you tell me that you have tried 3 of N series and 2 of 2015 series, then I am almost convinced that you are right. Of course, you can understand that if you had more blades of the latest series to try, your state would be a lot more sure.
But anyways, as you tell me that you have tried enough blades, you covered me enough.

P.S. Lets all dont forget that this an super expensive blade to have the opportunity to try many of them.

Mine is one of the 3 first that came in Greece and it is N series, and the other one that I have tried is also N series, so I dont have full image of the latest blades so I can see the difference.
Anyway we are talking for a special, and great at the same time, blade!

Edited by *_strataras_* - 08/28/2016 at 1:37pm
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 1:46pm
This is mine with 2 tenergy 05
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 10:37pm
the super zlc, as overpriced as it may be, actually is very good quality. i know several (non-sponsored) high level players that switched to it meaning that they found it actually worth it to pay that exorbitant price to support their high level games
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 3:53am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Lots of people in my city are using that combination and it is very good for some players, just make sure that you do something besides just hit counters before deciding you like it!  Also consider that you could by three viscarias for the price.

I currently play with a TBS, so don't think the change to Viscaria (or three of them even) would make any noticeable difference. I think it was an old post of yours that said that the difference between a specific TBS and a Viscaria can be smaller than the difference between two TBS or Viscarias. 

I reckon once one of my Calibra sound wears off I'll get a sheet of Tenergy 05. Maybe the great feeling I got from the ZJ SZLC was more down to the new sheet of tenergy on it rather than the blade.

And hopefully I can borrow the blade for a little bit longer next time I see him, you might have a point that I should probably try and play a bit more before investing this much money in a blade. Although it 'only' costs around 340 dollars in Vietnam and I'm moving back to Europe in a couple of weeks. That might force me to make a decision. Big smile

(On a side note, I really don't understand the way that Butterfly and other companies make this wide range of 'signature blades'. Timo Boll has about 10 blades with his name on them, Zhang Jike doesn't play with any of the blades that he lends his name to. What's the point? And as I am not particularly fond of ZJ as an person, not fond enough anyway that I want his name on my blade that I play with everyday, it would be nice if there was a differently branded option without a payers name stuck on the handle.)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 4:02am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Simon_plays, I tried this setup a month ago and since then, I havent changed other blade or rubbers. Everyone was saying that it is so fast and so difficult to handle and, and, and... Well I play the last year close to table cause of a problem I have, and this year I have tried about 25 blades and around 5 different rubbers to see what fits to my new game play. A month ago I decided to buy a zhang jike super zlc and also to give a try with this expensive and strange blade. It has a great power BUT I cannot understand how can be SO controled. As I said, I play close to the table and I tried many off, off- and all+ blades to see what will fit to me, but when I tried this fast off blade I saw how my game changed in better way. It has a low arc so it fits really well to those who play close to the table because it doesn't lifts the ball so it stays in the table. It creates so much spin but you must have experience in order to understand that, because due to the low arc most of the players think that it cannot create so much spin.Of course you must change your movews a little bit when u loop but it will not takes you too much for that. Where it REALLY helped me...
-is in my serves, they improved a lot!
-at my first ball after the opponent serve!
-and in block, this blade really blocks well.
Well I will agree with the players who say that it is a little strange blade and you will have to make changes in your moves but since you get use to it, you will have a real weapon.
Something last, I use tenergy 05 on both sides but in 1,9mm, which I suggest to EVERYONE for every blade. When you play with 1,9mm you have so sensation game cause you feel your blade more and you have more control of your blade.

Thanks Strataras, you're definitely making me think I should maybe make the investment. 

Have you tried it with max sponge? I still can't help but feel that if I'm not getting max sponge I'm being slightly short changed ;) 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 4:06am
Originally posted by kprimorac kprimorac wrote:

I played with Maze Carbon, Viscaria (old and new tag) before switching to ZJK SZLC since nearly 2 years, with T05 2,1 mm both sides, I have more spin, more speed with the same level of control (may be more than Maze), this blade is probably one of the best blades for loopers.

Take note that serie N is better than serie O or P.

Good luck .

Ok, I doubt I'd be able to notice the fine differences between the series. It's probably just as likely that within the same series there's a difference in quality. Plus, most shops where I've seen this blade would only have one of it in stock, so wouldn't be able to choose the series number easily without going to different shops. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 7:48am
Well friend Simon_plays, you should think about the curent blade that you use right now in order to decide the thickness of your rubbers. If you are playing with a controlable blade and slower than the Zhang Jike superZLC, then you should go for 1,9mm, more control and little less arc than a 2,1mm rubber which will help you put more balls in the table. BUT if you want to buy the blade and put your 2.1mm rubbers you already own, then I can understand. Well if you put 2,1mm then you will have little less feeling of the blade and will be a little bit faster. I havent tried this blade with 2,1 as far as the 1,9mm stack on this blade and in my hand perfectly. If you think you can handle the 2,1 rubbers, go for it. But if it is worthy to buy this blade, absolutely. AND because I like to be honest always...Before I buy it I was thinking to myself "Omg who is this guy who will give such money to buy this blade, and he will never manage to play well with it?!"
I have to admit it, that I have been fool, it is a great blade full of potential if you get use to it.Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic