Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One Sided Table Tennis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 2:32am
@kenny - he is just growing up and getting stronger. No specific physical training other than his other sporting activities.

@JacekGM - When you go on your next flight, would like your pilot to have gone through many hundreds of hours of training or would you be happy with someone who has sat in the airport and watched a few planes fly in and out and maybe been along to the local air show?

@benfb - Personally, I have absolutely no hunger at all. I don't even enjoy playing the game and probably didn't for the last 5 years of playing competitively. I have no problem at all being critiqued, but the person giving that critique must be able to understand what they are seeing otherwise it becomes ridiculous.

@Tt Gold - Whatever!!!
Sponsored Links

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 7:08am
Your post is ridiculous,seriously.your comparison to a pilot Ist stupid because that is not even close to the same thing.Your logic is implying that the guy that gives the tips has to be better than you.Well I guess rosskopf is also useless, because Timo is way better.See.And then you go on about how you can take criticism,yet you are blocking everything that has been said.If the suggestion was a good one and if it was well explained, then why don't accept it or at least argue why that's not possible.Insteat you come up with your logic that you need to know if the person is better than you.My suggestion wasn't unrealistic.I didn't say make 4 steps and play with angle into his forehand or counter off the bounce down the line.Those would be unrealistic thinks that can be ignored,but my suggestion was a very realistic one.Also it was just to show you what people would do if the kid ever played against aggressive physically fast fit young players.But your just going to make up some bs again.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 7:23am
I thought we had done with this yesterday until you started it all off again.

People giving tips (or being critical in your case) don't need to be better than the person they give tips to, merely at a level to understand what they are looking at. I am not convinced from what you have said on this topic or on others that I have read you are able to interpret the complexity of what you are seeing. I am of course quite happy to look at any evidence you can show to show that you are qualified to do so.

As all our other vids have been, this is just a few of the longer points (and more interesting happenings imo) condensed from 4 games when we were mucking about at the club. It is not a rigorous examination of what he can and cannot do, just what happened in our games. I don't video his games for analysis as I am there and watch. There is plenty to work on from what I see without getting into the minutiae provided by video evidence.

Edited by JKC - 09/01/2016 at 7:34am
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 7:40am
But my point is very realistic, which implies that my level of knowledge in table tennis is good.I don't get what your on about.You could still video tape his matches even if your coaching or watching him.Also helps to analyze his strength and weaknesses better.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 7:42am
I guess you are only allowed to give positive feedback to people uploading there videos here.But I noticed that the better the level of play is the less people can take advice at least with people like you.Dont need to reply.Have a nice one.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 8:09am
Had your point been realistic (or valid) then we would not be having this discussion. In a court of law, an expert witness would be expected to have some expertise on a subject. If this expert turns out not to know what he is talking about then he is cross examined to determine this. Sadly you failed at this cross examination stage.
People are quite welcome to give whatever feedback they like. Where that feedback is flawed for whatever reason then I am fully entitled to challenge it.

As I said yesterday, discussion provides views and the more views then the bigger my bank transfer from adsense at the end of the month, so by all means feel free to reply.

Edited by JKC - 09/01/2016 at 8:10am
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 8:29am
So you're saying that a young physically fit player wouldn't be able to play that ball with his forehand?Well I guess you're holding on to the past too much.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 8:49am
I'm saying that you are over-simplifying the situation and making it sound like it is an easy skill to do against the quality of the ball received. When someone spends their time watching pro vids rather than actually playing the game then they become unrealistic about what to expect when watching vids of real players.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 9:21am
Oh come on my suggestion was definitely possible.But you'll see what I mean when the kid plays against those players😉
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 9:25am
Okay I think it's about time to let this thread die now. It was entertaining for a while but now it's just kinda getting boring going round and round.

Both people are firmly dug in making the same points.

TT Gold - "You're fat and should have ran around that ball to play the forehand."

JKC - "Prove to me you're at least somewhat qualified to be giving pointers and not just an arm-chair QB."

That's about the gist of it.

Interesting for a while. Now just zzzzzzzz.

Edited by suds79 - 09/01/2016 at 9:26am
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 9:39am
😂
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 9:46am
Quite happy to let it die, just didn't want the last post on the topic to be wrong at any stage.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 9:52am
You always have to have the last word I get it.im out
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 10:01am
Yep. It's just that I'm back at work on Monday, so I need to get back in the habit of getting the better of cocky kids.

Edited by JKC - 09/01/2016 at 10:04am
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 6:42pm
Since table tennis is often compared to chess...what's the fun of watching two chess players playing each other all the time?  There's ZERO strategy in play.  
Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

There were a lot of points were you could have put pressure on him, but didn't.

Agreed.  Looks like drills to me.
Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 6:57pm
Not drills just points from 4 games.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic